Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:43 pm 

I thought this would be a really simple thing to find but I guess not. Or maybe I just don't know the name of what it is I'm looking for...

Basically I have a MIDI track. That track contains notes. Usually you assign a VSTi to that track, and that VSTi plays the notes with whatever instrument that particular VSTi is. But here's the thing...let's say, hypothetically, I fart...and make a whole bunch of pitch-shifted WAV files so I have an entire 61 key keyboard of farts. How do I open up Reaper or Reason, take my MIDI track and say "Hey! MIDI track! You are now a keyboard of farts!" and have the MIDI track play my song note for note in farts?

(just in case no one gets it....I'm not actually using farts...that's just a metaphor to simplify the point).

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:17 am 

Kontakt's a solid sampler. I've not used it all that much myself, but from what I remember it's pretty easy to use and works really well.

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:06 pm 

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)

EDIT: Well it either costs 400 bucks or the demo version only works for 15 minutes at a time. That and the free version has a download size of nearly 500mb. I am looking for something very simple, I don't need 50,000 presets.

Ideally this is what I want.

1) Picture of a keyboard
2) Click key to load wav file
3) ADSR would certainly be nice
That's it.

EDIT 2: NEVERMIND! It turns out the Sampler that comes with REAPER just out of nowhere decided to work for the first time today!

Reply to topic