Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Commisaur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:59 am 

https://soundcloud.com/coloroutofspace/new-song3

I like the way the guitar sounds so I'm not concerned with it being muddy or the fact that there is only one guitar track. I also know already that the song is pretty sloppy as well.

I am mainly interested whether you guys think the song itself musically speaking, in terms of the riffs and the structure of the song, is either horrible, mediocre or good.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:02 pm 

Holy shit, you took notes in thrash metal class. It starts off pretty repetitively like early hardcore inspired metal from the 80's. But the midsectino I like way better, the chorus is a really good riff, and the the breakdown tops it off perfectly. You made a really good choice with the solo and tempo increase and ending. There is clear influence from Slayer and hordes of other early thrash bands in there, I love it. Drums are also composed pretty well, I'd like to hear this from a real band.

Melancholy709
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 pm 

Sounds like decent run of the mill thrash man. The riffs are pretty catchy, but I'd like to hear it with real drums or even programmed drums with a bit more flash to it, and I'd be curious to hear it with vocals. The quality of the guitar makes it sound like something from the mid-late 80's so that's pretty cool haha
get some bys together and jam it out.

Edit: I just realized that there's a thread already for feedback and criticism, so now I'm not sure if I should have responded...

Reply to topic