Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:40 pm 

Hello denizens of the Metal Archives,

I'm a 20 year old musician from the US. I've been playing guitar for a couple of years now and have just finished writing my first song. It has drums, vocals, and guitar but no bass. I used a drum machine for the drum part as I cannot play drums. It'll do until I find some other musicians to play with.

If I had to compare my sound to any other bands out there I'd have to pick out a few like Iron Monkey and Acid Bath. I have a wide range of influences however. They span from Bathory all the way to the Grateful Dead. The name of my band is REVIVAL and the name of my song is ELECTRIC CHURCH, inspired by an idea proposed by Jimi Hendrix.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFU1Q548rlI

There's a pretty diverse range of styles represented in this song, I tried to mix it up a lot. Thrash metal, black metal (1st and second waves), stoner metal, doom metal, sludge metal, etc. I think people here might find it interesting.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

HackTheRipper666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 pm 

The ideas here are fucking amazing. I'm not sure if you wanted this, but I'm hearing lots of Dragged Into Sunlight here. Now onto the critique. The vocals sound way too fuzzy for this style. If you were going for raw black metal, they wouldn't be out of place. But here, it doesn't really fit, unless you were to crank up the distortion on the guitars even further. Also, the drums are mixed in way too loud, and during the vocal sections, the guitars are thrown way far back. I could barely hear them over the fuzz of the vocals and the drums.
Fix that stuff and I would buy the shit out of any album you make. Good luck!

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 am 

Another head in the game will help you hone these ideas into something a bit more tangible - I feel some of the riffs are repeated a few too many times for instance. That being said, this is really fucking cool man, and I'll be keeping tabs on you. Cool as hell shit.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Reply to topic