Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 pm 

Hi people i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Acustica Beatcraft..yes, i know its not the most complete drum software out there, but it´s easy and cheap ha! Anyway i could use some recomendations as i´m a complete noob...i know little about drum programming so if anyone has some sweet beats, presets, info or anything to share im more than happy.

Sorry if the thread is too poor, feel free to kick it the shit out of here.

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:45 pm 

One thing to remember: cheap is cheap. Dump Beatcraft; it will do nothing for you. Instead, torrent Superior Drummer 2 and use the Steven Slate samples with Drumagog 5. Amazing drum programming set up. Drum programs are pretty much obsolete now in the face of VST plug ins anyways.

Lol

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Instead, torrent Superior Drummer 2 and use the Steven Slate samples with Drumagog 5.

Nah. Don't be a shithead, purchase your tools. It's hypocritical beyond belief for musicians to pirate tools and then expect people to pay for music.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 am 

Aye. I pirated Ableton when I had zero money, but then actually did the right thing and bought the whole 500 dollar thing because I started charging for my music. It's ridiculous not to pay. You would steal a guitar or a drumset.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 am 

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
It's hypocritical beyond belief for musicians to pirate tools and then expect people to pay for music.

No expense, no cost :thumbsup:

Lol

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
One thing to remember: cheap is cheap. Dump Beatcraft; it will do nothing for you. Instead, torrent Superior Drummer 2 and use the Steven Slate samples with Drumagog 5. Amazing drum programming set up. Drum programs are pretty much obsolete now in the face of VST plug ins anyways.

thanks mate, i did some research on VST plug ings and now im currently using Ezdrummer running in a demo version of FL Studio so i´ll look up for some tutorials on youtube to get started, so far the sound quality is incredibly better than the softwares i used :D thanks

btw guys come on...legal vs ilegal again? we all know whats right and whats wrong :P

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm 

Shoulda gone for Superior Drummer. Best drum VST on the market right now, even in terms of what comes with it. Best stock samples for the percussion, I think.

Lol

Ba Zuulizx Karoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm 

As long as you know how to use it and have a knowledge of how all the cymbal, etc. sound, I do not see why you would pay so much extra cash for EZdrummer and other drum machines. You can adjust the sound quite alot. I've used it and can't see anything wrong with it, other than its time consumption, of course. It's cheap and so easy you could do it drunk. Beatcraft and my girlfriends have a lot in common! :)

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:55 am 

You can always use beatcraft as a trigger machine as well, keep that in mind, but then you need to learn triggering, where to get some samples (how to get the for free), and individual drum EQ. Pain in the ass learning that stuff but it's easy to remember.

Lol

LiberXul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 am 

Toontrack is the go. That guitarist from Anaal Nathrakh uses it. Not a fan of that band but their drums sounded good on ITCOTBW.

Other than that, Addictive Drums are good or a pact with Lucifer in exchange for some samples.

Reply to topic