Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DullMetalJacket
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by DullMetalJacket on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:49 pm 

I liked the speed of how fast the song went. I can see why someone said what they did about letting them breath but I'm a fan of chaos and so the faster things go by the more chaotic is gets for me.
And I just find when I write odd death metal I'm going for more percussive and abbrasive sounds and once I have something I feel is a good strange riff, or a few good odd riffs and then I go how I normally do about composing them in a way that makes proper sense to me at least.

DullMetalJacket
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 pm 

Yeah, that's fair enough. A lot of writing is just by gut feeling. I've never heard you stuff before man. Link me up.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:01 pm 

Well what I'm talking about specifically would be this project:

Uzumaki
http://uzumaki.bandcamp.com/album/glossolalia

My other stuff has a bit of touch of the weirdness say in Yzordderrex in parts though it's more doom and all
http://yzordderrex.bandcamp.com/

and lately in my grind band 54R all my new material thus far as been compaired to Deathspell Omean & immolation but grind... I don't have any of this new material to preview cause vocals haven't been completed on them yet and they have yet to be mixed.

DullMetalJacket
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:54 am 

Deleted

Last edited by DullMetalJacket on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 am 

Thanks man! I'm glad you enjoy the drum sound! The kicks aren't triggered, they are just tweaked to make all the hits consistent and then cranked the mids on them a ton so you get the actual hit of the beater on the skin more than anything else and then a bit of reverb on it.

And yes all the riffs I wrote, it's all me performing it. Which is probably why I was able to get it done in a decent amount of time, that full length album I was able to compose in a month, the ep in a month as well... only I have to learn the song so it's far easier to get it down the one time and then be able to write and alternate everything around once the first guitar line is written and recorded.

Super glad that you dig it!! I know for a lot of people it's a hit or miss. Either it's way too chaotic for them... or not clean enough or whatever. Glad you dig Yzord as well, has a few similar aspects but didn't want to repeat myself but the two things I love most... feedback and dissonance usually show up in every project I do to some degree. :)

Reply to topic