Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wanderer of the Wastes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:24 am 

Hey fellas,
I'm looking for a good distortion pedal. I haven't really done much in terms of buying new guitar gear for ages and am miles out of the loop. I tend to play everything through a neat big muff pi clone I got a local dude to make, but while it's great for fuzzy stuff (who would've thought a fuzz pedal would work like that?) I wouldn't mind something a bit tighter for when I try (and by and large, fail) to write stuff that's comparitively more vicious.

Effectively I'm looking for a HM2 meets a more classic, Ride the Lightningish tone. Something that's both full and tight, but with a bit more bite than a classic metal tone, know what imma saiyan? My current set up is a les paul (and a sonically similar 7 string) through an orange dual terror, if that helps (I'm aware that getting a tone that's not super mid rangey through this setup will be hard). Budget is no real trouble at this point.. will get the missus to get me it for christmas.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/ post rock- for fans of Hammock, This Will Destroy You, Landing etc. Name your price download of EP, with CDs coming soon :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 am 

Amptweaker Tight Metal. It lacks mids, which is my only complaint with it but through a dual terror that's hardly a problem.
http://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/the-grea ... of-nothing
OSHIEGO (SGP), death/thrash.

Lead Us into Temptation...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:18 pm 

If you like the HM-2 but want something a bit less noisy/sloppy, have you tried putting one in front of the dirty channel of an amp and putting distortion at 0, to use as a boost?
Cheeses Priced wrote:
People would rather their money on their own property than forking it over to starving kids in Africa... I guess the solution is to allow people to buy and own Africans.

Reply to topic