Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pinklysmooth240
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:27 am 

I have pretty good ones but I wanna upgrade so any suggestions

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:36 pm 

I got a 100 dollar pair that's no name. it feels right and plays how I need.

if you have good ones why upgrade? you aren't going to sound better. your own ability to play is what makes it sound good.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:51 pm 

I use Axis A Longboards and before that Iron Cobra. I'd like to try Trick pedals as well as I hear they are excellent.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

pinklysmooth240
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I got a 100 dollar pair that's no name. it feels right and plays how I need.

if you have good ones why upgrade? you aren't going to sound better. your own ability to play is what makes it sound good.

good point this was really just a poll type of thing

Subrick
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 pm 

I use Axis A21 Derek Roddy signature pedals, one for each bass drum (I detest playing with a double pedal on one bass drum). The cool thing about these pedals is that the no. 1 piece on the pedal (the part of the pedal that holds the beater and is attached to the drive shaft) is angled forward 21 degrees, allowing the beater to hit the kick head at its maximum impact point, allowing for naturally louder bass drum strikes without any real added effort, as opposed to the traditional no. 1 piece that's angled at 90 degrees and hits the kick head past the maximum impact point, giving the feeling of playing through the kick head. It's also got drum key lugs in certain places as opposed to hex key lugs for quick changes and fixes, and probably the biggest selling point of the pedal is that the eKit triggers come already attached to the pedal instead of needing to be bought separately.

My favorite thing about this pedal is that, even with all this new stuff and the angled no. 1 piece, it retains the classic Axis pedalboard design. The original A21 pedals look like this:

Basically it looks like it was made for drummers with really fat feet. The D-Rod A21s, however, look like this:

By combining the new no. 1 piece with the feel of the classic Axis pedalboard, they have made my ideal drum pedal for pretty much any style of music, although obviously these pedals are best when you're playing really fast, stamina-testing extreme metal.
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

pinklysmooth240
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:05 pm 

Subrick wrote:
I use Axis A21 Derek Roddy signature pedals, one for each bass drum (I detest playing with a double pedal on one bass drum). The cool thing about these pedals is that the no. 1 piece on the pedal (the part of the pedal that holds the beater and is attached to the drive shaft) is angled forward 21 degrees, allowing the beater to hit the kick head at its maximum impact point, allowing for naturally louder bass drum strikes without any real added effort, as opposed to the traditional no. 1 piece that's angled at 90 degrees and hits the kick head past the maximum impact point, giving the feeling of playing through the kick head. It's also got drum key lugs in certain places as opposed to hex key lugs for quick changes and fixes, and probably the biggest selling point of the pedal is that the eKit triggers come already attached to the pedal instead of needing to be bought separately.

My favorite thing about this pedal is that, even with all this new stuff and the angled no. 1 piece, it retains the classic Axis pedalboard design. The original A21 pedals look like this:

Basically it looks like it was made for drummers with really fat feet. The D-Rod A21s, however, look like this:

By combining the new no. 1 piece with the feel of the classic Axis pedalboard, they have made my ideal drum pedal for pretty much any style of music, although obviously these pedals are best when you're playing really fast, stamina-testing extreme metal.

man those are beautiful...

plasticblowfish
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 pm 

I use Pearl Demon Drive Eliminators, they've been great. I had to spend some time figuring out all the different settings but once I got it everything went pretty smoothly (no pun intended). Haven't had to mess with any adjustments for a year now. Some of the parts are manufactured by Trick, so I see it as a less expensive version of a Trick pedal. The other advantage of these is that the slave pedal can easily convert to a single pedal without needing any sort of extra adapter.
http://demondrive.pearldrum.com/

Reply to topic