Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:44 pm 

Rad, the Coma Void album already has a bunch of listens and 10 people have downloaded it so far. That's probably crap but whatever, it's exciting for me, haha.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 pm 

I stopped looking at those stats but they were exciting when I first started releasing stuff. I only care about $$ when it comes to that.. haha. I'll give it a listen right now.

Just released my yzordderrex album
yzordderrex.bandcamp.com/album/epoch

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 am 

I will definitely check that out as Yzordderrex is probably my favorite of your projects.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 am 

Thanks man! I'm really digging this album once it got up and going.. still kinda wished it was real drums to give it i guess a more organic feel. right now the percussion is just a little too ridged for me.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 am 

Yeah I get that. I think I've improved a lot in the drum programming department since I wrote a lot of this stuff (some songs on that album are like 2.5 years old now) so if I wrote another Coma Void album from scratch right now I think the drums would sound a lot less rigid, but nonetheless I'm still pretty happy with them. Glad you're liking it though!

I'm actually listening through the Kunaki CD master of it right now to make sure it didn't get fucked up somewhere along the lines before I publish it and order some discs.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:14 am 

Happy to report that things are slightly progressing with Spirit Division as we are finally starting to record our demo and will be making our first legit live appearance since August on the 25th. It'll be a charity event that my ex girlfriend is setting up and will largely consist of us playing with several folk/alternative rock bands but it's looking to be pretty interesting...

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:20 am 

I did the whole Kunaki deal and ordered 5 for myself and sent 5 to the vocalist. I guess I could've done the thing where they'll send you a free review one just to make sure it looks decent, but what the hell. Kind of strange how Kunaki doesn't ship single CD's as media mail so single disc shipping is like $4.30 in the US and international. Oh well, I guess that makes it easier.

Edit: So yeah CD's are now available.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:41 am 

The first time I ordered from a band through kunaki there was actually a mess-up, raw OSDM and grind CDs arrived with ambient beach noises and minimalist piano tracks for the audio, but they fixed it pretty quickly and sent me replacements(after an angry bearded buff dude probably sent some threatening emails).

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 am 

I'm trying to get how they mixed up a death metal album with sleeping music. It's just too ridiculous for me.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:11 am 

Initially I thought it was an intro, so I let it play while using the computer. And after about 3 minutes it didn't change, so I got suspicious and checked all the CDs from that order and they were all like that. The artwork on the CD itself was fine, but the audio files on it were mixed up.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm 

Well, overnight it seems as though the Coma Void album has been getting pretty popular. I've had almost 1,000 listens now, almost 50 downloads of the album from the Bandcamp site plus it already got posted to a shitload of pirate sites/blogs so hopefully even more people are listening to it. Also, I sold a CD! Feels pretty good, haha.

I have a kunaki-related question though. I went to make a new order to ship it to the guy, who paid via Paypal and whose info I got from Bandcamp. That's all fine, but then of course when I make the order I've gotta fill in his info as the recipient and my info for billing. So like, is he gonna receive an invoice that has my billing info, and notice that I only paid a buck to have the CD made while he paid $5 for it? I don't see anywhere in Kunaki to set it up so that recipients won't see that kind of info.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:54 pm 

I went to their home offices and strangled someone to death.

I know how they could get it mixed up to a degree. cause probably the cds are burned first and then then printed with the artwork. Something might have gotten out of synch or the wrong input was put in as in the wrong files were brought up to be burned to the cds since I think they have their files just numbers and not named as what we call them.

with his info... where it has for the email for him. Put in your email instead. Problem solved. That's what I've done with orders.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:39 pm 

Ah, that's a good idea. Do you know if there's a printed invoice in the package that tells 'em my info or shows how much I paid to have it printed and shipped?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm 

Redid drums on a couple grind tracks, and played along to a deathgrind song I recently wrote and programmed drums to. Looks like I should be able to actually play drums on that song. Awesomeness.

Day 6 of food poisoning. So I'm eating italian. But hey, it's better than taco hell.

A small label is interested in doing a release of my OSDM, but the way they do prints is to split the cost/quantity with the band. I'm okay with that, but I really have zero use for like 250 copies of my own music. I damn sure couldn't sell that much, and I don't think I could find enough places to ship it to for reviews, and that's just a lot of money.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:25 pm 

My guess is that in most cases bands would want a bunch of CD's to sell at shows and stuff, or to sell to people via Paypal or something who contact them directly. Maybe if you told them that it's a solo band that doesn't tour they might do a different split of the quantity?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:32 pm 

Yeah I dunno. I may just wait and try a different label. While it would be great having someone sell my stuff, I don't know if I want to pay for half and then get stuck with a quantity that I don't want, when I could possibly find another deal where they just release my stuff. I just need to do the footwork, so to speak.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm 

What label was it, out of curiosity?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm 

horror pain gore death.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:53 pm 

Ah that label is pretty cool. That's what somefella's band Oshiego released their album on. They've also got other cool bands like Claws, Bonesaw, Druid Lord and have put out stuff by Anatomia and Coffins. If they offered to put out something I did I would definitely negotiate haha.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:00 pm 

Yeah I would like to go through them, as I think maybe they can move some stock, so to speak. Just gotta work on the deal a bit I guess.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 pm 

I'm very aware of horror Pain Gore Death Records... very nice. I would work with it, even if it's split like that cause since it's on a bigger label than your own imprint other smaller labels and some bigger ones are more likely to trade with you to get those copies.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 pm 

True. Once I hear back from him I guess I'll try my best to work things out.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 pm 

Went through some drone songs and tweaked them and extended a part of one. So I have 4 good drone songs. Also recorded a bassline for a thrash song that I'm redoing. It's turning out really nicely. I removed the locking nut from my baritone, and tomorrow I'm going to grind it down a tad, to lower the string height at the nut. I'm also going to block the tremolo, because I hate tremolos. I may try to move the bridge pickup back a couple mm also, depending on the weather and how much work I feel like doing. And if I'm going to go that far, then I'm going to start sanding my guitar body that I'm making, because it needs a lot. I think it's going to turn out really nice, though. Hopefully tomorrow I won't still be suffering from food poisoning, because this shit is getting annoying. Literally. Ha.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm 

You should go to a doctor. Really that's a long time for food poisoning. The last time I knew of someone who suffered from it that bad was my dad when he was given some bad raw oysters.

Wrote a Yzordderrex song today and recorded that. Came home worked in my spare room. Drew 90% of the sketch for the 2nd Vomitwolves t-shirt design. About to draw up the split art for us. at least get it all penciled in.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:31 pm 

At this rate I'm gonna run out of download credits very soon. I've already had over 100 just today, which is pretty cool I guess.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:37 pm 

I don't think I've had 100 downloads from all my bands combined, haha. Congrats, batman.

Talked to the guy from horror pain gore death. He'll work with me on the numbers. They have some releases coming out soon so he said shoot him an email in a month and we'll start ironing out the details. I think I'll take that bit of time (and the thrash challenge, zing!) to finish a few more songs and try to turn that EP into a full-length album. I have some good songs that just need finishing up, so I think I can do it, especially with a goal like this in sight.

Military doctors suck. Last time I was sick like this, about 4 years ago, I had food poisoning symptoms for 2 weeks straight. I went to the doctor and he said it's not really a problem until it's been 3 weeks. He actually said that. So after 3 weeks I went back and they said oh okay we'll give you some tests, but by the time they scheduled all the tests I started getting better. So I avoid military doctors unless I have an acute injury.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:49 pm 

Well maybe you won't die in the process. I haven't done anything for the challenge yet. have to think about it. Got some idea for other shit I need to get out first.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm 

Well the good news is I wasn't paying attention and just farted. That's good news because I farted and didn't shit myself.

I have a notepad that I've been scribbling thrash riffs in for a few days, and I think tomorrow I'm going to sit down and actually write a song out of them. I have 10 thrash songs in various stages of completion, but for the challenges I always try to start fresh. I think for this one I'll try to finish up some ideas so I can get 3-4 more songs done and make a full album. If I'm going to do a reasonably big release with a good label, I'd feel better about it being a full length than an EP, also. Like more worth the money.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm 

makes sense to me. As long as it's all quality. Go for it.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 am 

Dude infinite just go to a hospital or something, that's a pretty damn long time for food poisoning to pass. I can't remember ever having it for more than a couple of days no matter what I ate or drank.

HPGD is cool and easy to work with. I was fine with getting 250 copies ourselves since we get to keep the cash from the sales ourselves and we need some copies to sell anyway. They basically handle the legwork and logistics, we come up with some money and get half of the copies for ourselves. Plus it's turned be on to quite a few good bands on their rostor, like those batman mentioned. I dig Soul Remnants quite a bit too, good band with good sound and playing.

EDIT: Yeah military doctors suck ass in Singapore too. Every one of them immediately suspects you're faking it unless you've lost an arm or something. It's true many people do attempt malingering but a trained medical professional should be able to tell right away, regardless.

Last edited by somefella on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:15 am 

Yeah most of the stuff was written in the same writings sessions as the rest of the EP, so it'll all be in the same vein. Very thrashy, tuned to D, with some death vocals. I would like to try to write one that's more proper OSDM instead of just blatant thrash with death vocals.

Also thinking I'm going to redo my Saloth logo. I don't like it. And I really need to think of a logo for my stoner project.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 am 

Well me being military I'd have to make an appointment for the military clinic, which would probably be in a day or two, and when I got there if they did anything at all it would just be to give me some anti diarrhea medicine. I don't know how familiar you are with medical facilities in the american military, but they're notoriously shitty. I do feel like I'm getting a bit better, I ate about 7 hours ago and so far no problems, so that's a huge improvement. I'll just have to be careful with what I eat. Ugh, I just fear how much weight I've lost. There went all my hard earned progress in the gym!

My issue is that I don't have any real way to sell my copies. I can't play live, so I can't sell merch at a concert. I may be able to sell a copy or two to the local metal record store, although he specializes in vinyl. I guess it's worth it to get on to a decent label, in the end. The exposure will be really good for me. I guess I'll have to alter the price on my bandcamp page so it matches theirs, so there aren't any conflicts there. I guess I'll probably be mailing a lot of copies off for reviews, and maybe passing a bunch out around the local metal scene or something. Maybe I can find a way to sell some.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 am 

Yeah I understand about not being able to move 250 copies by yourself. Perhaps you can renegotiate, I dunno. Another thing I like about that HPGD deal is that they still don't own any rights to the album, I can set up my own bandcamp at whatever price I like, same with my share of the copies. I can repress more copies and sell them as I please, or find another label to distribute them. So I quite like this idea.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 am 

Congrats on the possible deal. I had a similar deal for my first two albums on Bloodbucket Productions, but I didn't have to pay anything. They had 500 copies made of each, mailed me 200 of each for free for me to sell and keep whatever money from, and they sell theirs (and I still kept the rights to the music and could do whatever I wanted with it). Only thing is I never leave the property and haven't sold much.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 am 

Here infinite sits and talks and wishes so hard for a deal and one drops in his lap and he basically pisses on it cause it's not to his liking.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 am 

Hahaha, I honestly don't really care for these things, but if they happen they happen. I was initially going to make a fancy press kit to send to big labels and all that jazz but ah fuck it, let's skip that and go with the small one who already contacted us :D

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am 

I'm going to have my electric guitar's pick-ups replaced (yes, I only own one currently). It's an Ibanez RG1570, which comes with rather mediocre pick-ups originally. I bought a pair of Seymour Duncan Invaders, and I'm going to have those put into it.

Unfortunately, changing those pick-ups to a lower-tier Ibanez Prestige requires some woodwork, so it's going to be more expensive than changing pick-ups usually is.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 pm 

I think they're either INF1 pickups or those shitty EMG-designed ones right? Nice choice on the Invaders though! I still use one in my spare guitar and it's a wee bit too bassy for my tastes but is definitely one of the hotter passive pickups which I love for solos and allows for very expressive rhythm playing too (Y)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 pm 

somefella wrote:
Hahaha, I honestly don't really care for these things, but if they happen they happen. I was initially going to make a fancy press kit to send to big labels and all that jazz but ah fuck it, let's skip that and go with the small one who already contacted us :D

I don't care either but i've been talking with infinite not just here about this and that was his resounding plee over and fucking over again. And soon as it happens he shits on it cause it's not to his liking.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:39 pm 

better utilizing my lunch period and drew up the artwork for this split between me and infinite.

last night did a tshirt design for vomitwolves... almost all of it. have to finish the bottom portion of that and then add the logo.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 185  Next