Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nightwisher1990
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:24 pm 

Hello everyone, I'd like to hear some opinions about Ecliptic Dawn's new single, I've done everything except Bass and Clean vocals.
I think I've put some good effort into mixing this, so I'd like to know what do you think guys.
Here's the download link and the artwork :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Thanks !

Freye
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm 

This sounds very nice, the mix doesn't sound too muddied; you can hear everything quite nicely. The levels all sound good as well, nothing is too overpowering. The growling vocals sound kind of weak, but I think the problem might just be that the vocalist needs to use some more power.

One suggestion I will make though is to save the song at a lower bitrate so that people don't have to download a 17mb file.

Nightwisher1990
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 am 

thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely upload it in lower bitrate later tonight !

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm 

Agree with what he said on vocals, they lack power, sound too stale; always the same pitch, attack, patterns, it doesn't vary in the entire song and ends up being boring. When you get to the chorus and combine them with the cleans it's good though.

Guitar needs some more bottom end and mids in my opinion, the sounds is kind of thin as it is right now to my tastes.
However, I like how the bass is very audible, if you add some more punch and body to the guitars, take care of not drowning the bass while you do so.

Keyboards and effects sound nice, the string patchs are a bit higher than they should in the mix perhaps, and drums could use a liiiiiiiiiittle pinch of bass boost but the sound is ok to me.

The composition flows nicely, this type of goth death/doom ain't my cup of tea, but the song is well arranged. The solo was boring and pointless though, it feels like something slower and more melodic would fit much better given the song's mood.

On a side note, haven't seen you around for a while Nightwi, I take it you're quite busy with your band? If you've got the time you should check out the new songwriting challenge, it's pretty awesome.

Nightwisher1990
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 am 

I am actually too busy with exams, this single was released some time ago but I forgot to post it here, but I'll definitely be back posting here once I am done with my exams.
Thanks for the feedback guys !

Reply to topic