Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Russian_BladderStorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 pm 

This might blow up in my face but I've been spending a lot of time recently working out lyrics for some of my material. It's tough because I'm not really a lyrically minded person so finding ideas and words that gel with riff patterns doesn't come naturally to me.

Anyway, here is a track I've been working on with a friend and I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in trying to write some lyrics and/or take a stab at doing some vocal work. Of course, you are welcome to offer and feedback as well. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmATAJDQNxo

Windwaker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:48 pm 

You guys seem pretty damn skilled. Even if the quality is poor, it sounds pretty cool. If I had to take a crack at this, I would do both growled and clean vocals. The song seemed to have good parts for both. As for lyrics I have no idea, I'm too busy finishing those for my band's upcoming release to even start thinking about writing for someone else. Good work with the song, anyway.

Russian_BladderStorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:36 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, unfortunately we were using a pretty limited digital camera for that recording but we're working on putting some material together very shortly.

Clean vocals may work as well. I definitely want to have a variety of styles for our music. That song is more of a black/thrash song I guess, but we have some that are almost straight up death metal, etc. One thing I was thinking about doing eventually was to add some female cleans over some harsh vocals. That will take some working out.

Hope everything goes well for getting your album finished and I'm glad you dug our tune. Cheers.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:32 pm 

Damn, that's some good stuff there!

I am a vocalist/lyricist in some bands, I'd love to try and see if I could have something to offer... but I live so damn far away, and I can't record jack shit here at home :(
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.