Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pussydestroyerfromsatansspyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 am 

Hails, only one simple question, can i use this amp with this PA Speaker? I dont really want to burn my studio or deeply go into characteristics.

amp: https://www.thomann.de/intl/the_tamp_e400.htm

speaker: https://www.thomann.de/intl/the_box_pa15eco_mkii.htm

Thanks for answering brothers, stay tuned.

electric27
hurr hurr i post whiel drunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:09 am 

While I don't have a whole lot of experience with PA systems, I do have plenty with guitar amps and can confidently state it won't be a problem at all. Without going into too many details, so long as the number before the horseshoe thingy (Ohms) is the same, and the wattage for the speaker is significantly higher than the amplifier and the connections are the same, you're good! This speaker is rated for 800 Watts at 8 Ohms, while the amplifier outputs 120 Watts at 8 Ohms (per channel, which isn't really relevant here but it's best to be precise) and both support a variety of cables. To that point, it's important to use either a balanced jack cable (looks like a guitar cable BUT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME) or an XLR (microphone) cable. You should have plenty of headroom and will probably blow out your ears before you blow out the speaker. Have fun!

III

Reply to topic