Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm 

Hi guys, I an Esp Ltd B-204FM and I'm confused on what year it is. It has a goldish flame maple top, a lightish tan body wood, a 5-piece maple/walnut neck that is laminated, gold tuners, bridge, and volume/tone pots ( this contradicts the other basses of the same model I saw online, they all have chrome tuners, bridges, and volume/tone pots!!!!). The serial # is W0241130. Please help me find out what year this is, I think I've landed on an older model of the same bass!!!!

Sincerely yours,

Neuthrone

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm 

Have you tried calling up ESP on the phone and asking them if they could look into it? That is probably more fun for them than getting yelled at about late orders or broken instruments like they probably have to hear most of the day.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 pm 

I asked them a couple weeks ago online and got a response as of a couple days ago, they said it's a 2003 model made in korea, a Esp Ltd B-204FM NG, can you please give me more info like old catalog postings ( ESP would be appreciated), and maybe if it's good for death metal.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:43 am 

Any guitar can be used for death metal as long as it has humbuckers, really. Or rather, any genre of rock and more. Guitars aren't made for genres. It may be the target audience, or musicians from a certain genre may prefer certain types of guitars, but there's no real rule. Gibson Les Pauls have about half the output of most modern humbuckers but are still excellent for extreme metal if you play right and EQ your amp right.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 pm 

Has anyone heard of an Esp Ltd B-204FM NG bass before anyway? Please send in links or pictures from catalogs if you have any.

Thanks for Your Cooperation,

Neuthrone, Bassist and Lead Vocalist of GALLLIUM

Reply to topic