Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetalxHeadRebel666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 am 

hello Fellow MetalHeads, my name is chris. i'm new to this website and i'm eager to receive some new advice and pointers about drums and converse with new people like me with a passion for metal drumming. id like to gain a better perspective on drumming and how others learned, what they learned and how they use what they learned.
As a beginner id always try and master a certain number of parables consisting of different rolls, fills, beats and applied speed. After practicing countless hours i was finally able to play my first song all the way through: who made who by ACDC. eventually worked my way up through different genres of music until i reached metal. the first metal music i played successfully was cannibal corpse particularly songs from evisceration plague and torture.

i would often have to practice on my uncles drum set considering i didn't have the money for my own. after busting ass for many months he gave me his old kit: rogers company 5 piece. (these were 4 decades old and practically antiques because rogers was discontinued and valued among largely popular musicians). i still use them to this day despite the extreme wear and tear on the tom-tom hardware. i'm currently saving up for a new set. either a Yamaha stage fit or sonor drums to slightly recreate hellhammers kit from MayheM.

My set currently includes:
Rogers snare 13x4, toms: 8x10, 10x11, bass 16x16, ground tom 14x18
speed king petals
vic firth sticks
Zildijan 20th anniv. A series 20 in. ride
Zildijan A series hi hats 13 in.
Crash: (all zildijan A series)
12 inch
14 inch
16 inch
10 inch (splash)

even though i pour my heart into drumming, i'm always eager to learn new things, technique wise and beyond. i'm always looking for new tips on fills and rolls in particular. i use the Moeller Method with tilted toms (noting the worn hardware, equally a challenge in itself) any pointers, tips, tricks, secrets, etc. is greatly appreciated. thank you.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105643

Reply to topic