Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 am 

So, I posted some stuff a while ago with our old vocalist and old lead guitar player.

We still haven't had a chance to record with our new axeman, but this is one of our songs with new vocalist (the old vocalist of Wisconsin favorites, Exhumer...hahaha). Lyrics have been upgraded a bit since this, but it gives a good idea of how it will go.

Some slip-ups here and there by our rhythm player, but that happens after a night of practice and getting drunk.

https://soundcloud.com/bonerandyourlone ... itch-rough

Edit:
https://soundcloud.com/bonerandyourlonelyshart/prime

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:10 am 

Maybe it's the sound but the riffing really sounds like it could use a lot more energy. Not the riffs themselves but the way they're played. Play it like you mean it, you know, make that guitar sing! Some parts could use tightening up also, they're not exactly out of time but they don't lock with the drums as tightly as it should. Just my 2 cents.

TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:26 pm 

To be fair, these are rehearsal recordings at 11 PM after we've all been to work and most of the band was having their other band practice. This is probably why they sound a bit lackluster.

But I did put them up here for feedback!

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:45 pm 

The vocals were a tad on the quiet side for me. I think somefella is right about the energy aspect, though jamming while drunk is fun too and this is tighter than I could play drunk lol. Wait! Oh wow I started reading the band name and thought "Ok, they are called bone yard blah blah something" then I saw it again... Anyways I think I like the overall tone on Loneshark/nightmare better but I'd like to hear the new vocalist on that track.

TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:05 am 

Well, Loneshark has turned into a song about butts, but it stays the same musically.

Thanks for feedback, I mostly just wanted to put up some stuff with Sleepy working out his vocals.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:53 pm 

Yeah, assuming that is the guy on the tracks from your top post then I think you guys made a really good decision getting him. I like it. What are y'all planning on next with the band?

TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 pm 

Well, we had to revamp the band from the ground up due to issues with old vocalist and lead guitarist. There aren't that many options around here, so it took some time to find the right fits and we're mostly just getting everyone back up to speed before we start writing/working on the new stuff that we have.

We have about a 35 minute set and we're itching to get out and play again since we haven't played since a year ago and were forced to cancel some shows due to the aforementioned issues with old members.

We will probably cut a demo here soon once everyone is comfortable. We rewrote pretty much all the lyrics, but things are coming along pretty quickly.

And, yes, Sleepy is the guy in the first post songs. I think he is doing a fine job. Thanks!

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:46 pm 

I really like the Autopsy-esque beginning here, my friend. This is some solid as hell thrash metal, and your vocalist has some pipes on him. I will eagerly await a full release!!
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Reply to topic