Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MidlandsRocks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 am 

Hey all,
Midlands Rocks is looking for quality writers to join its team: Album Reviewers, Feature Writers, Band Interviewers.
Its an unpaid role but you get access to the latest releases (and gigs).
Among the genres we cover are Blues, Rock, Alternative, Metal Black, Death, Hardcore, Occult, Noise, Doom, Ambient, Power, Experimental, Avant-Garde, Grind, Tech Death, Thrash, Gothic, etc etc etc.
If you're interested, follow this link: http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/join-our-team/
Cheers!

John_Sunlight
Comrade!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:19 pm 

I would enjoy working for you. Here is a sample of my writing as my "resume".

Quote:
One day I was hanging in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea out with my good friend Kim Jong Un and we were sharing our grief over the loss of our beloved leader: JoePa of Penn State! "He was just like your father" I said, "Selfless to a fault, working day and night to protect his people." KJU looked up and gave me a weak smile. "My closest friend and ally", he said, "with this obvious exception, are you aware that Americans are the most savage race in the world? Do you know of their horrible atrocities against the People of Korea?" I responded with shock that I had no idea! We headed over to the nearby museum of Korean War Atrocities where I saw literally hundreds of artistic renditions of American war crimes! I was flabbergasted by what I saw! One of the paintings showed American soldiers pouring molten lead down an innocent villager's throat and I knew it was an accurate portrayal of what happened because I recognized the poses from that sixteenth century woodcut of Aztec warriors pouring molten gold down a conquistador's throat, including the improper proportions and flat perspective! Finally we came to the ultimate damning evidence: a blurry photo of either American soldiers cheering over a bunch of dead villagers or a group of trick-or-treaters! "Those monsters!" I cried in anguish! I immediately renounced my US citizenship, even though I'd actually already renounced my US citizenship after my stint as ambassador's aide in the Islamic Republic of Iran, but this time I meant it even more! I immediately hopped into my race car and sped off to America to exact revenge for things that happened decades before I was born to people I literally had no genuine concern for! When I arrived in DC, I promptly took out a piece of paper that I'd photocopied a picture of the US Constitution from a book at the library, crumpled it up, and threw it at super sonic force through the Oval Office window! On the back of the picture, Obama found a very threatening note! Having rectified the injustices visited upon the People of Korea I pulled the bill of my visor backwards and walked off into the sunset! Afterwards, I listened to "Voodoo" by King Diamond and liked that the different characters' voices didn't all sound the same, but thought it had weak riffs.

DarkWolfXV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 am 

This is THE coolest story ever.
One does not simply say "cool story bro" to such a masterpiece.

MidlandsRocks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:57 pm 

We're still looking for writers and have shitloads of stuff available for review.
The website is in the top 5000 in the UK (not just music sites) and we get about 10,000 to 12,000 visitors per month.
You don't have to be from the Midlands or the UK for album reviews.
If you're interested, follow this link: http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/join-our-team/
Cheers!