* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:32 pm 

I am planning to do one on Eisregen.

xexyzl wrote:
Whilst I would love to read some discography reviews of bands I have a keen interest in, I'd imagine if it were a substantial enough technical hurdle to implement and integrate a section for these kinds of reviews into the site it's not going to be done. Very niche demand for this kind of thing and would probably be more work than it is worth.

I don't see reviewing active bands as an issue, however. Reviews have datestamps for a reason and I don't think it'd cause much confusion for a reader to see a review for, say, Atheist's discography written in 2006 to not mention Jupiter. Hell, it happens with individual releases anyways; bands that were thought dead come back to release new albums all the time.

The technical hurlde is one aspect, but another deals with the aspect of concept and style. As long as do not have examples on how something like this can look like. Maybe these can be used by the mods/admins as examples on how to implement it properly.

For the moment such can be done for box releases. Should some examples exist, then it would be possible to add some flesh to this discussion. With the limit of characterts gone it would be possible to experiment with this kind of review a bit.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
CSS can be used with the <span> tag for various other effects. Say, bigger font: <span style="font-size: 1.5em">This text is 50% bigger</span> (the em size is multiplied by the normal font size, so 0.5em is 50% smaller, 1.5em is 50% bigger, etc.). Or indentation: <span style="padding-left: 50px">This text is indented 50 pixels</span>.

The indent is limited to one line only. I tried it here:
www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Sabazius ... oudontknow

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

VirginSteele_Helstar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 am 

I love discog reviews especially when autothrall does em. I plan on reviewing the discogs of my favorite bands and I've already written a few but not posted em as of yet. I will take on mostly underground bands because really an Iron Maiden or Kreator discog reviewing would at this point be pointless.

"...unto the end I shall lead all into my darkness..."
-James Rivera

LegendMaker wrote:
Most of the very early metal songs that weren't by Sabbath were by Purple. Fucking deal with it.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:50 am 

I've reviewed every Amorphis full length, and I think my review for their DVD is my longest review. A lot of them are old and poorly written, but I'd probably still stand by the sentiments in them if I were to re-read them. Like Napero said about Moonsorrow, I found it interesting to follow the enormous progression the band takes throughout their career. I don't think I'd bother doing this for another band though. I have been thinking about writing a series of reviews for bands of the local BC stoner/doom scene (Hoopsnake, Mendozza, Weirding, Black Wizard), but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2