Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ApochWeiss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:01 pm 

Shit ton of death threats when it came to a certain Black Metal band I gave a harsh review to, and then even more when I gave their latest album high marks (but not perfect like the threateners felt it was apparently). I also got threatened with a lawsuit from one label, and obtained a fake cease and desist letter in the mail from a band over "slanderous remarks" because I spoke "quite negatively" about the album in question.

I also had one of my favorite musicians tell me something minor I pointed out and didn't even remove points for (it was something obvious to me at least and felt worth mentioning) didn't exist and then go on to tell me he was trying to help better me as a writer. Worst moment ever honestly. Sad thing is I've met a number of my idols and 1/2 of them really did turn out to be dicks and made me regret ever meeting them...

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:03 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Band members who write to a reviewer complaining about a negative reception given to their own release is both sad and hilariously bush league. I'm surprised to hear it's occuring as often as it does.

I've never done it but I did express a little sadness in another thread when PhilosophicalFrog lowered a score he gave our album from a 90% to an 80% :| Everyone else is entitled to their opinion ;)

bug_man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 am 

i feel like all the most underground bands should totally send death threats to reviewers, ideally in a slavic tongue poorly translated into broken english

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm 

I had a band who insisted on sending me their demo, and I didn't review it because it sucked and I was admittedly too nice to blast it in the fanzine I was contributing to.

Guitar player kept pestering me about it. I should have just trashed the hell out of it. Today I probably would.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3