Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 am 

Just read autothrall's fantastic and vivid review (http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/N ... autothrall) of this classic album. To him I want to say:
Thanks for writing about the band that not only helped shape my life musically but also socially. Even though they didn't sing about solutions as such, their commentary and expressed disappointment and anger for politics and humanity helped open doors in my mind. Nuclear Assault have always been and remain dear to my heart, along with an elite few.
The guitar tone on this album is so raggedy, raw, wet and bloody. The drumming is simple, relentless and slamming.
"But, then, that's the joy of this album: it's so damned earnest and innocent that it's impossible to dislike even in lieu of its flaws, which primarily appear in the uninteresting and unfunny vignettes like "My America" or the "Mr. Softee Theme", which even made me cringe as a 13 year old."
Agreed. It's possible we were around the same age getting sucked into their world of raw fury. I was probably eleven. Or twelve (doesn't matter). My grandpa drove me into this neighboring fjord (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neskaupsta%C3%B0ur) of my village because I had saved up some money for records. I came home with Game Over. Shit's never been the same ever since.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 am 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7444

There's a thread for this kind of discussions. Thanks for your feedback, though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.