Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
aidane154
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 am 

If your chosen borderline band got accepted one day, which album would you want to review?
I would personally go for System of a Down's or Primus's debuts if they got accepted. Also would be interested to see how charitable people would be towards bands like a7x or between the buried and me

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:29 am 

aidane154 wrote:
a7x

I'd definitely look forward to checking once and for all if I'm The Stage's biggest fanboy as I suspect.

Also, might put Celldweller in as well. Love his stuff and would no doubt try my hand at his Blackstar/Empire era.

It's the dawn of descending...

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 am 

System of a Down's discography would easily be this for me as they're one of my favorite bands. Though if I did have to choose one album, Toxicity, for sure, purely on the grounds of it being one of my all-time favorite albums.

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:31 pm 

Europe - Europe for sure!

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:44 am 

Converge's Jane Doe, no question. I'd struggle to even articulate why I love that album so much (I find reviewing albums dearest to me really difficult) but if I could manage it, I would.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:38 am 

Nice thread. System Of A Down are definitely a good shout, all their material was pretty interesting and really stands up to analysis. Personally, I have a lot of nu metal bands that I have opinions to share about. I was really into that stuff in my mid teens and I think there's plenty to reassess in terms of what groups like Deftones or Mudvayne were actually doing.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

bayern
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:03 pm 

Stolen Babies... very cool unusual stuff, avantgarde/progressive metal/rock, can easily pass for pure metal half the time

Head of David, the Justin "Godflesh" Broadrick side-project for sure; beautifully abstract industrial music

Into the Moat, the mathcore wizards... shred really hard, pretty metallic more than just now and then; signed with Metal Blade for their last stint

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:20 am 

Alice Cooper's 'Raise Your Fist and Yell'. Kane Roberts shredding and some double kick drumming on this metal/rock hybrid. My favorite AC album, actually. Some of his fans do not enjoy this harder outlet, but that's their problem...

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:32 am 

Oh shit, Alice Cooper, that's a great suggestion. Genuinely eclectic discography.

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
Mudvayne

I wonder how many positive L.D. 50 and subsequent "fallen from grace" reviews these guys will end up with lmao

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:33 am 

Demon Fang wrote:
gasmask_colostomy wrote:
Mudvayne

I wonder how many positive L.D. 50 and subsequent "fallen from grace" reviews these guys will end up with lmao

Frankly, I think their second album is by far their best. That's The End of All Things to Come if there's any doubt. L.D. 50 has its moments, but I don't feel it holds up that great as an overall listen.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am 

I would really like to read MA level reviews of The Michael Schenker Group discography.

robotniq
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:33 pm 

The first two Downset albums

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:15 pm 

Any Black Magick SS album. They generally lean more towards psychedelic rock than doom metal, but I really dig the ode towards the 60s/70s sound of rock. Burning Bridges in particular is cheesy synthpop fun.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:33 am 

Converge - Jane Doe, You Fail Me, The Dusk in Us
BTBAM - The Great Misdirect
Ernia - How to Deal with Life and Fail
Foetopsy - Dyspartum
Hatebreed - The Concrete Confessional

Everyone starts out being an atheist. No one is born with belief in anything. Infants are atheists until they are indoctrinated.

https://linktr.ee/awfulnoisegrind

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:44 am 

Realized this morning I have a lot to say about Rob Zombie's albums, which will never be on here (despite White Zombie being so).

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:37 pm 

Pretty much the entire discography of Blue Cheer and Uriah Heep would be on my list, along with the first two Europe albums.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 am 

The DLR Van Halen albums and the first few Led Zeppelin albums.

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
I would really like to read MA level reviews of The Michael Schenker Group discography.

Especially Assault Attack

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

Reply to topic