Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deathill777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:36 am 

Can someone point out what things I should clean up or do to make my review acceptable? I just started writing stuff this is my first review and my feelings toward this demo is what sparked my interest in writing one, thanks a lot.

Sedition was one of those bands from Texas in the 80's that had so much potential but sadly it was not to be, they released their first demo under the name Talon but later changed their name to what we now know and love.

The first thing you notice while listening to this release is the great unclouded raw bass sound supporting every song and the clearness of every instrument while retaining their rawness, something I believe is lost in modern bands nowadays.

Their first demo as Sedition is their best and my personal favorite, its starts off with a self titled track that's just screaming awesome. Within the first seconds of heeding its call Its effect on the everyday heavy metal enthusiast will make his head bang against the wall until his neck separates from his spine paralyzing him as the songs embodiment materializes and pummels him to the ground only to make the dude beg for more.

Its not brutal like Demolition Hammer or Dark Angel not even Teutonic like Kreator, its in the vein of unrelenting straightforward punk tinged american thrash at its best Sedition doesn't sound like any other thrash band but they are a little close to Subjugator or Gammacide.

The vocals and riffs are catchy as STD after having sex with a 1$ hooker from the Philippines, The drumming is simplistic and really organic and the lyrical prowess of Turner Scott and his ability to shout like an anarchist madman bent on making the world a dystopic nation for all makes this band even deadlier getting his message across with simplistic lines without sugarcoating it:

"I don't need you/you don't need me/ but we all hate their society"

To finish up this hazily written demo review the three remaining tracks are all very well written and executed as if the band were seasoned veterans in all things astonishing in thrash metal. I honestly can't believe such bands remained demo level for so long, Sedition is a group that makes demo hunting for obscure old school bands all worthwhile.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am 

See this thread: http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=16487

Be sure to read and understand the original post.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.