Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 am 

Just an idea I had. Whenever there's a very considerable backlog in the review queue, all reviewers who frequent the forum (+autothrall, who'd be notified via PM) pledge to take one weekend off to give the staff a chance to catch up and have a fresh start. I bet a huge backlog isn't exactly a morale booster for the staff, which in turn delays its own clearing even more, so perhaps it would be a nice idea to give them a break.

* Note that so far this is only a suggestion and that if people feel it's a bad idea or the staff feels it's entirely unnecessary, the thread can be locked and dismissed and all. And the dates and duration are of course subject to discussion.

EDIT: Of course I mean that on the weekend in question people wouldn't write any new reviews rather than just holding off on submitting reviews they write, because it would defeat the purpose if on the monday after the queue is re-cluttered with hundreds of new reviews. :P

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 am 

Ha, not a bad idea. The only problem is, most of the people who would actually read this and remember to abide by it are also the sort whose reviews we are most likely to accept with only a cursory read-through.

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Ha, not a bad idea. The only problem is, most of the people who would actually read this and remember to abide by it are also the sort whose reviews we are most likely to accept with only a cursory read-through.

you could always put up an announcement on the home page if you wanted everybody to hear it.

Malacoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:02 pm 

I'd do it. Sounds like a good idea.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:23 pm 

I've been on something of a hiatus for the past week or so, so I may write some material this weekend as I'm feeling a bit lazy now. But I could just wait until Sunday night at around midnight to submit it all.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.