Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Emptiness Cycle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:44 pm 

Hi,

Diamhea has issued the following (which I understand) -

"Do not resubmit any reviews for the time being.

Post your draft(s) in the Review feedback thread in the forums, so we can help you fix the poor formatting on these. I've tried explaining it more than once but we aren't really getting anywhere here."

I accept this, but I am disappointed. Mainly because I have submitted numerous, and some have been accepted without any feedback. But also because despite Diamhea working with me, I can't seem to find the faults. I've made extensive changes.

Diamhea - I apologise for frustrating you. Let's give it a fresh pair of eyes.

Forum - here's my pending article. Please help me.

This is a three way split consisting of three bands from the Italian NSBM scene – the solo project “Pagan Warrior 88” whose Demo release got a pretty fair slating from me previously. He’s joined by arguably the most well known Italian NS act, Waffen SS, and the obscure and unbeknownst to me “Hate XXX”. (Terrible band name).

Waffen SS tracks -

The split is very wisely opened with the Waffen SS tracks, and the first piece is a sample of what sounds like a Star Wars movie – lasers, guns being fired, and explosions. If they were going for anything from World War II, they’ve got this terribly wrong. At least it lives up to its title.

The first proper track is “The Last Horde Fight”. Raw and filthy, just how I like it. Vocals are far too low in the mix, and the drums are literally inaudible. If there’s a bass, it didn’t get the memo and is still in the van. Average at best. I’m actually disappointed with the Waffen SS material. I like the solo stuff, but this is probably at the lower end of the discography.

Hate XXX tracks -

I think it’s fair to issue you all with a friendly warning : Turn down your speakers. The Hate XXX material is about 50 times louder, and I don’t appreciate the severe agony I am now in. The split wasn’t even mastered to be consistent in volume. I can’t even enjoy the music as it’s so inanely opposite to anything preceding it.

Pagan Warrior 88 tracks -

I now find myself relying heavily on Pagan Warrior 88; You read that correctly. It’s in between the two other bands in terms of volume, this is the only one that gets the balance just right. The material here is of a different calibre to that on “Demo MC”, and I’m not sure this is really the same artist. The vocals are definitely him, but the drums are a lot better, and the guitar work is almost hypnotic and trance like. A huge improvement.

Closing thoughts -

I can’t forgive the fact that it took until track 7 of 9 to even like this split. The Pagan Warrior 88 material is the best on here, by a long shot, and this is a sentence I thought I’d never type. Whoever was tasked with getting the production / levels on this bought up to par should be taken outside and shot, Block 11 style. There is no excuse for the aural rape that happened between tracks 3 and 4.

Thanks.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 pm 

Emptiness Cycle wrote:

Post your draft(s) in the Review feedback thread in the forums, so we can help you fix the poor formatting on these. I've tried explaining it more than once but we aren't really getting anywhere here."

When he says that, he says post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487

Derigin
Τριβωνιανός

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm 

Yes, please use the appropriate thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.