* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:31 am 

Ah shit; here we go again.

Spoiler: show

Although the %s are lower this time... also, note how the Avantasia one actually mentions songs from the Moonglow album :nono:

There seems to be a surge of fake profiles sending this shit. I'm deleting more and more as I write this message. There's clearly the same person behind them though.

This one is particularly comical/tragic since it switches album name and band name :nono: :nono:

lonerider wrote:
Think I'm gonna go take a whiz through my fretboard now

It's the dawn of descending...

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:43 am 

That Thromos review is especially awful. Not only is it AI, the AI got confused and thought it was reviewing a novel instead of an album. How do you not even see that and try to correct it?

Another thing to note is that the albums being bombarded with fake reviews all had legitimate reviews from others posted very recently.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:25 am 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
That Thromos review is especially awful. Not only is it AI, the AI got confused and thought it was reviewing a novel instead of an album. How do you not even see that and try to correct it?

Ah, I don't even know how that slipped past me. Unbelievable :durr:

King_of_Arnor wrote:
Another thing to note is that the albums being bombarded with fake reviews all had legitimate reviews from others posted very recently.

True too. Maybe said person just picked at random from the homepage/most recent ones... wonder if these people really don't have anything better to do in their spare time?

lonerider wrote:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm 

Man, bots learning to write reviews. :nono:

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:50 am 

The phrase 'off your trolley' kept springing to mind. Can't imagine why.

Flagged this user for a ban; they're gone as is this inexplicable shit.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 pm 

It's incredible how they were still so butthurt about a three years old song from a (mainly) joke band about a situation (mainly) completely overcome – I feel like that Gama Bomb review already appeared here at its first submission, also. I rejected another one containing only those Overkill lyrics, by simply saying 'Get a life'. Man some people really are perplexing.

lonerider wrote:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:33 pm 

Napalm_Satan wrote:

The phrase 'off your trolley' kept springing to mind. Can't imagine why.

Flagged this user for a ban; they're gone as is this inexplicable shit.

I guess he found out we were talking about his review again in the pro-establishment metal thread, and needless to say he wasn't having it. Better if he's gone, though, especially if he's gonna keep doing this.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:47 pm 

Lol goddamn, I had no idea of the backstory there. What a loon.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:14 pm 

One more for the AI aficionados...

User actually seems to have given half a shit in editing something, at least.

lonerider wrote:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:40 pm 

TheBurningOfSodom wrote:
One more for the AI aficionados...

User actually seems to have given half a shit in editing something, at least.

Hey Burning, I have a question about these type of review rejections. Suppose when you put one of those reviews up on the AI detection site, it says there's a 50/50 chance it was written by AI, meaning it may or may not have been written by AI. Would you still reject the review then, or give the reviewer the benefit of doubt? And what about lower percentages?

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:43 pm 

Never happened, but likely to happen sooner or later, methinks. Anyway, I think it's mostly gonna boil down to how the end result looks like – if the % is lower, maybe the user has done numerous changes and it might read as an acceptable review (but maybe in a case like this I won't even have any impulse to check it on that site).

Otherwise, if I'm still going to reject it based on its merits, I guess I might as well ask for clarifications, while we're at it.

lonerider wrote:

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:12 am 

If we’re not sure, we sometimes leave reviews for each other to look at, with a note added (you can see that in TBoS previous screenshot). So if I’d been looking at the Ancient Dreams one, the fact that ‘A Sorceror’s Pledge’ isn’t on that album would probably have made it more suspicious to me, rather than someone who doesn’t listen to Candlemass. Presumably the really good AI (or AI prompter) will get through every now and then.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:33 am 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
So if I’d been looking at the Ancient Dreams one, the fact that ‘A Sorceror’s Pledge’ isn’t on that album would probably have made it more suspicious to me

Not only that, but neither A Sorcerer's Pledge or anything on Ancient Dreams is 10 minutes long. I'm assuming there's live recordings of A Sorcerer's Pledge being 10 minutes long though. I don't know if Candlemass have any studio recording that hit the 10 minute mark. Demon's Gate got close.

Quiet Lurker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:10 am 

The AI reviews' formatting is all pretty damn similar. Seven to eight paragraphs all ending with an "in conclusion." They're all competent of you don't look too closely, but devoid of style or character.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:33 am 

Quiet Lurker wrote:
The AI reviews' formatting is all pretty damn similar. Seven to eight paragraphs all ending with an "in conclusion." They're all competent of you don't look too closely, but devoid of style or character.

Yeah those are already the biggest red flags for me. The user being a newcomer with no previous reviews is another obvious one.

lonerider wrote:

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:44 pm 

Oh, you can bet I wasn't going to publish that anyway... (also, 'good music'? 20%?)

I'm feeling magnanimous and didn't flag them for a ban, as I took the freedom to say farewell properly:

lonerider wrote:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:08 pm 

TheBurningOfSodom wrote:

Oh, you can bet I wasn't going to publish that anyway... (also, 'good music'? 20%?)

I'm feeling magnanimous and didn't flag them for a ban, as I took the freedom to say farewell properly:

Ngl, your farewell note probably took more effort to write than the reviewer's last paragraph in the review. And who's gonna tell him that MA only has "dms" on the forums, not the main site?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:13 pm 

This is a fucking hilarious review by a guy who's just way too fucking horny.
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... ery/407515
a friend said the following "This is the first review to count as sexual harassment" and christ maybe.

the best part:
Quote:
I swear the music on The Shadow induces the kind of sex that empties the testicles of all semen upon ejaculation.

Quote:
The shadow is a passion-filled release of utter blasphemy and occult mysticism. It has a raw but listenable production and is crammed with haunting melodies. Lilita Arndt, has managed to capture the very essence of hatred and lust, blend them together and place the juices in a capsule of mysterious magnificence. Her vocals are the most passionate I have ever heard, from a new black metal band/project. She strips the veil from the face of compassion for satanic arts and dispels upon the listener, a bare-bones lyrical and vocal sexuality I have only heard of scarcely. The Shadow is a combination of untamed passion, dedication, aggression, and submission, all channeled towards anything within its path.

On "Mystic Schizophrenia" Lilita Arndt ups the atmosphere and accelerates the drumming; this song rams the listener in the face. She is like a seamstress the way in which every burst of anger is conveyed as if it had been stitched into her vocal chords at birth. I don't even know If I can refer to the sounds emitted from her mouth as vocals; they sound more like malevolent cries (not in a DSBM way) begging for the deities to grant her enlightenment. Some of her sung passages sound very heavy/doom metal like; they paint a scenery of a practitioner of adept leveled witchcraft, going through many spiritual phases and states in the quest to attain that which is sought out. What is most striking about the album are the vocals; they sound very sexually driven. She answers Iron Maiden's question clearly; "Can I play with madness?" with a resounding screech and a scrotum snatching snare. On the song "What Waits in The End", Lilita Arndt's vocals are the equivalent of a female Ravn of 1349, on the track "I am Abomination". Every line is pronounced with such fury that one would begin to feel as though she sincerely would like to carry out ill will. Lilita Arndt utters "face to face, eye to eye" in such a seductive fashion that images of passionate tantric sex vividly presented themselves before me. I swear the music on The Shadow induces the kind of sex that empties the testicles of all semen upon ejaculation.

The guitars throughout the album are nothing special in particular; and don't need to be. They perfectly play along as Lilita proficiently guides her wand and spits her envenomed scriptures, causing the listener to salivate as the ritual climbs to its climax. The track "Condemned to Death" is a bit depressive in its overall sound; although I hate dsbm I am going to be forgiving of this, due to the majority of the album being aggressive.

This crepuscular ceremony she plays out surely will captivate and include the listener as a willing participant of unholy astral penetration. This album is going to turn you on, especially if it has been a while since you have pelted forth any water. I am in utter shock at this release; I had no idea such a masterpiece existed. The Shadow by Ieschure is so demanding and aggressive yet comforting and humble. I struggle to find words to describe this exquisite extravaganza; this bewildering bouquet of benevolence and boner breaking brutality. The Shadow is a short but timeless raw occult black metal album. Each song is unique in its own way; the melodies, vocals and lyrics will remain in your head for many days once you have listened to the album thoroughly at least once. The Shadow is a gem that has been lost amongst the vast mediocrity of black metal bands that want to wear corpse paint and appear "trve" to the genre, whilst riding on the notoriety of Darkthrone note for note. Ieschure's "The Shadow" effortlessly shits on many of the "trve" black metal bands. I hope to see this masterpiece garner more attention and praise as it is worth every bit.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:17 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Quote:
I swear the music on The Shadow induces the kind of sex that empties the testicles of all semen upon ejaculation.

So this was rejected? Or ejected?
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

Sean16
Moody Tabulator of Torn Hymens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:06 pm 

I want to check this band now. Can't believe I've lived all these years without having experienced...
Quote:
unholy astral penetration

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:03 pm 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
Quote:

So this was rejected? Or ejected?

I would say "ejaculated" in this case :wanker:

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:23 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
a friend said the following "This is the first review to count as sexual harassment" and christ maybe.

Sean16 wrote:
Can't believe I've lived all these years without having experienced...
Quote:
unholy astral penetration

Holy fuck, I'm dying :lol: :lol: :lol:

lonerider wrote:

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:32 am 

Oh yeah, sorry for asking... :scratch:

It was literally just for the wrong release, but acceptable. Wonder what could he have done if he were to receive a true criticism?

lonerider wrote:

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:05 am 

TheBurningOfSodom wrote:
[screencap of review]

It was literally just for the wrong release, but acceptable. Wonder what could he have done if he were to receive a true criticism?

This annoyed me, perhaps more than it should have. I've dealt with them.

In the meantime, today's dose of 'oh come on man':

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:09 am 

Napalm_Satan wrote:
TheBurningOfSodom wrote:
[screencap of review]

This annoyed me, perhaps more than it should have. I've dealt with them.

In the meantime, today's dose of 'oh come on man':

Bro really thought this was a comment section :lol:

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:40 pm 

Napalm_Satan wrote:
In the meantime, today's dose of 'oh come on man'

Definitely misplaced, but it's at least some kindness and positivity every once in a while, I'd say :lol:

lonerider wrote:

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:08 pm 

Lol, true I guess.

i dislike this review its not good i hate to see the future of the author, sloppy job love must try harder

VictimOfScience
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:33 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
This is a fucking hilarious review by a guy who's just way too fucking horny.
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... ery/407515

That's one of the funniest reviews I ever read. So damn inspired and depraved. :lol: :lol:

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:19 pm 

Two dogshit reviews for the same album on the same day by people with no reviews sent in previously, what are the odds.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:28 am 

"Grab your cup, fill it with ron"

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:35 am 

Not 100% sure if we're really talking about riffs here – or that Cosmic Mystery guy above has finally found his counterpart...

That final line is also something. So much quotable material for such a short writing. (EDIT: indeed, I couldn't resist the urge.)

lonerider wrote:

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:39 pm 

Well, they're clearly passionate about it and cut right to the chase...

Idk

Shitarse review made by a 14 year old Italian nazi, I guess. My rejection message basically went 'yeah your review sucks in all these ways but the worst one is unironically praising the lyrics of an NSBM band, go away'.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:36 am 

Astaghfirullah, they just keep coming.

Part I: 'Come on bruv, try a bit harder than that'

Notice how these come in pairs, each pair coming from one writer. Note also that the latter pair is literally the same 3 word sentence fragment with the same typo and everything. Who could be this lazy and actually live?

Part II: 'Who? What!'

I don't even know. Here is my rejection message which I think about sums up all I can say here:

'Uhhh... I don't know what you were going for here man, but it is not working. Like... you're meant to talk about the music at the core of the review; you're welcome to take that in all sorts of directions about how the music makes you feel, what it makes you think of... but this is literally just ramblings with no connection being made in writing to the album at hand. Just... start over, and don't feel the need to be too clever with a review if it gets in the way of it being an actual review.

Also, please break up whatever you submit into paragraphs with one line left between them, because this is a total eyesore.'

gasmask_colostomy wrote:

All I can imagine reading that right now is Ron DeSantis so uh, I think I'll pass...

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:21 am 

Some I've been keeping in the last days but forgot to post:

Oh yes, gotta love walls of text with neverending sentences.

Who is 'HE'? Who are 'we'? What are we even talking about here...?

How could I live without Danish gen-Z reviews before? *insert skull emojis here*

lonerider wrote:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:59 am 

That Marduk reviewer made me wonder if the writer was doing some sort of bet on writing the longest review with the least amount of sentences. I mean, can you imagine trying to say all of that in one breath?

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:33 am 

I was casually mumbling it along while first evaluating it. Boy, was it a tiring experience.

lonerider wrote:

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:10 pm 

Recently in my anthropology classes we have been talking a lot about linguistics and idioms and I have come to the conclusion that long sentences, when it comes to literature, are extremely common in Latin-derived languages. I for one am guilty of this practice and TheBurningOfSodom can confirm it. So it is likely that our friend Astrobert 666 is not a native English speaker.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:35 pm 

Yes actually, that's something I learnt in my Spanish class back in secondary school; Romance languages tend to have longer sentences compared to English. The user who wrote that review is from Venezuela so that probably is a factor here. Still, I think that's just one contributing factor here (one that has snowballed out of control, clearly) because I can't imagine any of those languages having sentences of that length.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:13 am 

Forever Underground wrote:
I for one am guilty of this practice and TheBurningOfSodom can confirm it

Hahaha yes, even if it's definitely not as exaggerated in your case.

I noticed that pattern too, wherever I spot a new reviewer getting carried away with sentence length. If anything, it makes me wonder how I always avoided that pitfall, even in Italian... probably years and years of hastily written university notes played their part :lol:

lonerider wrote:

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:25 am 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:

Arrr, natey.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next