* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:25 am 

Spoiler: show

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Cry_In_The_Night
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

That review would be really awesome if it was something like a forum post. Or just not a review.

Ancient Sunlight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 pm 

I was thinking the same. It would have been a good final paragraph, even. Too bad it doesn't constitute a review in and of itself.
"One of my mottos is: anything has a value if you know what it is. If you can say what the thing is, the value becomes apparent. It may be a very small value. It may be a negative one. I also swear by Gertrude Stein’s wisdom, 'Description is explanation.'"

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:04 am 

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Open the band cam!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 pm 

Last.fm

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Guy's reaction to the album includes "a desire to do things by Sodom". Sounds like more of a personal concern...
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:

Guy's reaction to the album includes "a desire to do things by Sodom". Sounds like more of a personal concern...

He's been involved in way too many cult fucks. Going into a dark room with your friends wearing nothing but robes, lighting candles, drawing shapes with the blood of your neighbor's cat, and having a gangbang. While listening to this album of course.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm 

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:46 am 

FUCK YOU!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm 

Poof.

Last.fm

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:09 pm 

Did that guy have other reviews posted on this thread?

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:57 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
FUCK YOU!

i hope you didnt ban him

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:40 pm 

Do you not know what "Poof" means!?

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:10 pm 

I'm guessing this was run through a translator. For Annihilator's Set the World on Fire; he gave it 100%:

Annihilator, or rather, Jeff Waters, had, in 1993, a more than difficult ballot, and was overcoming two seminal works as were "Alice in Hell" and "Never Neverland". Two works, which not only placed the Canadian training on the crest of the wave, but became, almost from the moment of edition, priceless treasures in the metalhead fiefdom. As a Slayer has always been thrown in his face not to build a "Reign in Blood", or Metallica a "Master of Puppets" Jeff Waters has always had in those two albums a kind of Achilles, some works overcome, that years later, and behind a devastating career, have not yet been matched.
1993 was a time of change in gender, Sepultura and Pantera and, increasingly reaching more people with a violent message, with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden uncirculated and Metallica bringing their sound to the charts, Annihilator sought easy to locate a problem not addressed to his music solution: merging the classic and accessible metal, cane and the usual belt speed. Annihilator were already a name with power in the scene and the third step was most expected. The mensaie no longer headed for the angry hordes Thrashers, no, now, Annihilator would direct the entire public metalhead, from Whitesnake fan or AC/DC, until Megadeth fan or Metal Church. You had to open the musical range if they wanted to survive a scene that was beginning to show signs of going to hell (Nirvana and the Grunge were starting to believe that the days were numbered Metal).
Some changes were to make for the new release, and as always, something which would become habitual in training, frontman Coburn Pharr was replaced by Aaron Randall, who walked closer to tessituras Hard Rock, but I had a blast voice that made it ideal for addressing compositions of greater weight and punch. Mike Mangini took over the work of the battery (replacing Ray Hartmann) and Neil Goldberg got to play all six strings at the expense of Dave Scott Davies (who would return the group over time). The new Annihilator were ready to face their third album, after tanning, and leftovers in the battlefield (bestial tours, and more than favorable reviews, with bands of level of Judas Priest, Pantera, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill or Destruction, abalaban them). It was the moment of truth.
The cover of "Set the World On Fire" shows us a picture of Alice, rather more grown-up (and living) in the times of "Never Neverland". Looks like Annihilator and go from Bangin illustrations and comply with a photograph to use, that if a certain charisma. These are times of change and sobriety. In 1993 no longer had both the covers with skulls, fire, tanks and devastated cities. Grunge sobriety, began to take its toll on the aesthetics of our beloved Metal. Let's see what kind of disc gave us the Annihilator teachers on this occasion. The Canadians had to prove that the third, also was lucky.
A lethal rhythm that combines guitars, bass and drums in a lethal and rhythmic dance, open season with item-disc title ("Set the World On Fire"), and with a sound close to the roar of "Alice in Hell "or" Never Neverland ", the song progresses without much change, but with great force, leaving us tired from moving the neck. Of course, the issue is not wasted forefront, but Jeff shows that few can measure it, both with regard to composing, and scorching spikes. Randall, the new vocalist, amply meets and demonstrates its good performance, with well-resistant and worthy of previous holders of the band microphone vocal cords. Theme by low speed, but instead, quite density. Great sound and classic band in all their shows. Infaltable on stage.
"No Zone" (with some his "The Fun Palace", but with a sediment's Hard Rock and "Deep Purpleliano"), "Bats in the Belfry" or "Snake in the Grass" (very cool Skid Row or Ugly Kid Joe), surprised the parish, delivering a lot of melody, closest to the Hard Rock to the old Thrash Metal or Heavy use. Topics perfect, with much feeling and definitely a delight for rockers tastes, but a rarity for waiting driven fan cool "Sixes and Sevens", "Phantasmagoria" or "Road to Ruin". It is noted that Annihilator, before sinking into the Thrasher scene, which began to disappear, got into waves, which although not hit them much, if they had left fucking. If you can not beat them, join him, and if the way you do it right, the better. Rare me the Annihilator sound, but sound good to hell.
Reaches a top disco gems, and comes from the hand of "Phoenix Rising", a beautiful and intimate ballad that without an extremely innovative nature if it catches and gives you deep in your soul metalhead. Example of how to compose something that comes, thrilling and that is to live forever in your brain. Simplicity, some beautiful strings and high quality. One of the best ballads that gender has. Immense, in its smallness. The hairs, which are no longer tip, no, I have pierced the skin and left me like a sieve. Goose bumps and pints of hairy hedgehog. That leaves you great song, that without seeming at all, so excited like "Fade to Black" or "Tears of the Dragon".
"Knight Jumps Queen" born with the help of a low overriding, which was soon added the whole band, to go speeding up the premise, tender filling Groovie, Jazz, reminiscent of Megadeth, Exodus so much choir and a battery perfect in execution and solidity. The truth, Annihilator sound again with personality, although the issue seems a discard-rarity of Dave Mustaine.
"Sounds Good to Me" (total aura Dire Straits), "The Edge" and "Do not Bother Me" (with a powerful ride, Rockabilly and festive) leaves us again, amazed, it seems that the spirit of Elvis Presley has gone to live in the compositions of the Canadian training. Of course, buy the album waiting Thrashers and auras cutting and schizophrenic will put the outcry, and rightly so. Annihilator have changed from one disk to another, the fierce roar Thrasher for tender bleating rocker, and damn, that sucks. To rock, we had to Def Leppard, Skid Row or the Gunners.
"Brain Dance" which closes the album, and opens with an intro of the craziest, it seems that takes off (just before the curtain falls, what a bitch), when in the end, we seem to have bought an album Fastway and the like, and not one of Annihilator. The theme seems a strange version of its tremendous "Sixes and Sevens" but without that grace and charisma of the subject, and of course, with a force overshadowed by both rockeril tribute. A final point majete with groovy tempo changes and a certain charm, but nothing that has not been surpassed in the past or in the future.
100% for this... that despite having their certain level, certainly is very small next to his two older brothers ("Alice" and "Never Neverland"). Upon hearing the album for the first time, it really scared me, but over the years it takes him some affection. Of all the sonic sons of Waters, this is perhaps one of the weakest.

"The hairs, which are no longer tip, no, I have pierced the skin and left me like a sieve. Goose bumps and pints of hairy hedgehog."

"but with a sediment's Hard Rock and "Deep Purpleliano"

"...with a force overshadowed by both rockeril tribute."

Last.fm

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:04 am 

Found the original, and yes, it was translated:
http://www.elportaldelmetal.com/critica ... world-fire

mrdeadhead91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 am 

thats hilarious xD

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 am 

"pints of hairy hedgehog" is one of the funniest mis-translations I think I've ever seen. Oh lord. :lol:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 pm 

The sad thing is, it seems like an exact translation. Which makes me wonder, is "Hairy Hedgehog" a brand of beer or poor Spanish writing.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 am 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
"pints of hairy hedgehog" is one of the funniest mis-translations I think I've ever seen. Oh lord. :lol:

Suddenly I'm getting thirsty...

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:58 pm 

The first thing that pops up on Google when you search "hairy hedgehog":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnure

Quote:
The gymnure, also called a hairy hedgehog or moonrat, is a type of mammal belonging to the subfamily Galericinae, in the family Erinaceidae and the order Erinaceomorpha. Although more closely related to hedgehogs, their resemblance is akin to rats. Gymnures are thought to have appeared in Eastern Asia before their closest relatives, and changed little from the original ancestor, which is thought to have been also the ancestor of the shrews.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 am 

I don't know what he's talking about, but I'm sure it's deep.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:21 am 

"... and you bang your head with no limits of black metal possession."

"... the lirical of this horde is pure vulture feast cult."

:thumbsup:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:32 pm 

Last.fm

Cry_In_The_Night
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:35 pm 

I also want to couch surf in outer space. Sounds great... :grumble:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:57 pm 

Last.fm

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

He forgot to say..."Scream for me Long Beach!!"

Like your reviews?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 am 

Last.fm

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:49 pm 

bands that focus on bestiality....

Manzer. Lyrical themes: animal fucking.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:43 pm 

Bestiality emotions

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:07 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

:lol: Fucking perfect. "While other black/thrash metal bands are cliché and disgusting and are basically just bestiality lyrics on top of shit guitar riffs, Manzer are a breath of fresh air! They have bestiality lyrics and good riffs - the best of both worlds!"

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 am 

Don't let this discourage you, Manzer's "Light of the Wreckers" is an awesome album of black/thrash returning to their roots in heavy and speed metal, with an Iron Maiden-esque theme in "Pictavia" and some lyrics that would make their buddies in Abigail proud.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ma ... 44#3142370

Damn, I should just review it myself, that album rules!

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:55 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
I'm guessing this was run through a translator. For Annihilator's Set the World on Fire; he gave it 100%:

Annihilator, or rather, Jeff Waters, had, in 1993, a more than difficult ballot, and was overcoming two seminal works as were "Alice in Hell" and "Never Neverland". Two works, which not only placed the Canadian training on the crest of the wave, but became, almost from the moment of edition, priceless treasures in the metalhead fiefdom. As a Slayer has always been thrown in his face not to build a "Reign in Blood", or Metallica a "Master of Puppets" Jeff Waters has always had in those two albums a kind of Achilles, some works overcome, that years later, and behind a devastating career, have not yet been matched.
1993 was a time of change in gender, Sepultura and Pantera and, increasingly reaching more people with a violent message, with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden uncirculated and Metallica bringing their sound to the charts, Annihilator sought easy to locate a problem not addressed to his music solution: merging the classic and accessible metal, cane and the usual belt speed. Annihilator were already a name with power in the scene and the third step was most expected. The mensaie no longer headed for the angry hordes Thrashers, no, now, Annihilator would direct the entire public metalhead, from Whitesnake fan or AC/DC, until Megadeth fan or Metal Church. You had to open the musical range if they wanted to survive a scene that was beginning to show signs of going to hell (Nirvana and the Grunge were starting to believe that the days were numbered Metal).
Some changes were to make for the new release, and as always, something which would become habitual in training, frontman Coburn Pharr was replaced by Aaron Randall, who walked closer to tessituras Hard Rock, but I had a blast voice that made it ideal for addressing compositions of greater weight and punch. Mike Mangini took over the work of the battery (replacing Ray Hartmann) and Neil Goldberg got to play all six strings at the expense of Dave Scott Davies (who would return the group over time). The new Annihilator were ready to face their third album, after tanning, and leftovers in the battlefield (bestial tours, and more than favorable reviews, with bands of level of Judas Priest, Pantera, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill or Destruction, abalaban them). It was the moment of truth.
The cover of "Set the World On Fire" shows us a picture of Alice, rather more grown-up (and living) in the times of "Never Neverland". Looks like Annihilator and go from Bangin illustrations and comply with a photograph to use, that if a certain charisma. These are times of change and sobriety. In 1993 no longer had both the covers with skulls, fire, tanks and devastated cities. Grunge sobriety, began to take its toll on the aesthetics of our beloved Metal. Let's see what kind of disc gave us the Annihilator teachers on this occasion. The Canadians had to prove that the third, also was lucky.
A lethal rhythm that combines guitars, bass and drums in a lethal and rhythmic dance, open season with item-disc title ("Set the World On Fire"), and with a sound close to the roar of "Alice in Hell "or" Never Neverland ", the song progresses without much change, but with great force, leaving us tired from moving the neck. Of course, the issue is not wasted forefront, but Jeff shows that few can measure it, both with regard to composing, and scorching spikes. Randall, the new vocalist, amply meets and demonstrates its good performance, with well-resistant and worthy of previous holders of the band microphone vocal cords. Theme by low speed, but instead, quite density. Great sound and classic band in all their shows. Infaltable on stage.
"No Zone" (with some his "The Fun Palace", but with a sediment's Hard Rock and "Deep Purpleliano"), "Bats in the Belfry" or "Snake in the Grass" (very cool Skid Row or Ugly Kid Joe), surprised the parish, delivering a lot of melody, closest to the Hard Rock to the old Thrash Metal or Heavy use. Topics perfect, with much feeling and definitely a delight for rockers tastes, but a rarity for waiting driven fan cool "Sixes and Sevens", "Phantasmagoria" or "Road to Ruin". It is noted that Annihilator, before sinking into the Thrasher scene, which began to disappear, got into waves, which although not hit them much, if they had left fucking. If you can not beat them, join him, and if the way you do it right, the better. Rare me the Annihilator sound, but sound good to hell.
Reaches a top disco gems, and comes from the hand of "Phoenix Rising", a beautiful and intimate ballad that without an extremely innovative nature if it catches and gives you deep in your soul metalhead. Example of how to compose something that comes, thrilling and that is to live forever in your brain. Simplicity, some beautiful strings and high quality. One of the best ballads that gender has. Immense, in its smallness. The hairs, which are no longer tip, no, I have pierced the skin and left me like a sieve. Goose bumps and pints of hairy hedgehog. That leaves you great song, that without seeming at all, so excited like "Fade to Black" or "Tears of the Dragon".
"Knight Jumps Queen" born with the help of a low overriding, which was soon added the whole band, to go speeding up the premise, tender filling Groovie, Jazz, reminiscent of Megadeth, Exodus so much choir and a battery perfect in execution and solidity. The truth, Annihilator sound again with personality, although the issue seems a discard-rarity of Dave Mustaine.
"Sounds Good to Me" (total aura Dire Straits), "The Edge" and "Do not Bother Me" (with a powerful ride, Rockabilly and festive) leaves us again, amazed, it seems that the spirit of Elvis Presley has gone to live in the compositions of the Canadian training. Of course, buy the album waiting Thrashers and auras cutting and schizophrenic will put the outcry, and rightly so. Annihilator have changed from one disk to another, the fierce roar Thrasher for tender bleating rocker, and damn, that sucks. To rock, we had to Def Leppard, Skid Row or the Gunners.
"Brain Dance" which closes the album, and opens with an intro of the craziest, it seems that takes off (just before the curtain falls, what a bitch), when in the end, we seem to have bought an album Fastway and the like, and not one of Annihilator. The theme seems a strange version of its tremendous "Sixes and Sevens" but without that grace and charisma of the subject, and of course, with a force overshadowed by both rockeril tribute. A final point majete with groovy tempo changes and a certain charm, but nothing that has not been surpassed in the past or in the future.
100% for this... that despite having their certain level, certainly is very small next to his two older brothers ("Alice" and "Never Neverland"). Upon hearing the album for the first time, it really scared me, but over the years it takes him some affection. Of all the sonic sons of Waters, this is perhaps one of the weakest.

"The hairs, which are no longer tip, no, I have pierced the skin and left me like a sieve. Goose bumps and pints of hairy hedgehog."

"but with a sediment's Hard Rock and "Deep Purpleliano"

"...with a force overshadowed by both rockeril tribute."

Just wanted to say that I, as spanish speaker, feel sorry and sort of shame of that review. Not even in spanish could be considered good; it talks about everything but the music. It's stupidly vague and redundant in non musical aspects. Don't bother trying to read it 'as it was intented'.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:54 am 

Rockeril sounds like an over the counter pill that didn't get FDA approval.

Also, even giving the benefit of the doubt to that would-be reviewer for not really knowing English, where in the hell did he come up with "Deep Purpleliano"?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:55 am 

Subrick wrote:
Also, even giving the benefit of the doubt to that would-be reviewer for not really knowing English, where in the hell did he come up with "Deep Purpleliano"?

That's actually easy to explain. In Portuguese for instance I can use something like that when I want to say that a band sounds "Deep Purplely". Know what I mean?! ;)

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:47 pm 

Rockeril is basically Rocker. You know the guy knows shit about english when he translates 'baterìa' to battery instead of drums.

I'm not sure about the meaning of Majete either.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 pm 

Last.fm

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm 

I lol'd at "i always liked death,black,thrash but deathcore mehhh". If only more people talked like that.

"I'm not really into grindcore, but Nasum WOOOOOO!!!"

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 am 

Poorly written? I don't know, I'm not going to strain my eyes and find out. This actually goes on for so long it would take three screenshots, but I'm not gonna bother. You get the idea:

Last.fm

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Poorly written? I don't know, I'm not going to strain my eyes and find out. This actually goes on for so long it would take three screenshots, but I'm not gonna bother. You get the idea:

Probably written on notepad. Prehistoric word processors represent.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 76  Next