* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:27 pm 

For Morbid Angel's Formulas Fatal to the Flesh:

He'll buy it for you... what a DEAL!!!@ wrote:
Absolute perfection. Words simply cannot describe this brilliant masterpiece........ THIS is what Morbid Angel is: Blistering frenzied blast beating with twisted, lurching sludge, overlayed with the most psychedelic lead guitar playing one can find, outside of Pink Floyd.

This record is the pinnacle for all things death metal..... this is the most compelling and creative opus that can ever possibly conceived, and something only possible thanks to the mind of the mad genius Trey Azagthoth. This record is seriously IT.

I'm actually PISSED David Vincent came back: Steve Tucker was so much better. Formulas is absolutely perfect.

The thing about this record is the ATMOSPHERE and VIBE. It has a drippy swampy liveliness you wont find anywhere else. And the playing is absolutely perfect, for real.

Heaving Earth starts things off wicked brutal, with lots of intriguing breaks and sick drum fills, and lots of cool syncopated kick drum work by Pete.

Prayer of Hatred brings the psychedelia into the blast beat realm. Once they get to the middle of the song with its sludgy headbang, you know you're in for a ride for the rest of the album. The whammy bar/bent-note lick is perfect, and Trey's 2nd solo with his 4-finger tapping is absolute bliss......drippy psychedelic fungal bliss.

Theres too many things to mention here. Covenant of Death is the best song ever. Its perfect. This song is the pinnacle of Trey's songwriting: from blastbeat heaven it shifts into the COOLEST FUCKING ORCHESTRATION OF DEATH METAL. headbangy epicness with atmosphere and vibe through the ceiling.

and it breaks into a CLEAN part!!! But it works!@!!!!!! its so good, seriously. This is probably the best song on the album.

ugh. go fucking buy the record. Better yet, email me at [email protected] and I"LL BUY IT FOR YOU.

You have to listen to this CD. This is the best death metal CD of all time. Every track is a hit. Even my least favorite, Bil-Ur Sag, is better than 94% of everything else out there.

If i were to describe this record, it would be to take the heaviness of Where the Slime Live and God of Emptiness, combine it with the frantic, twisted riffing of Blessed Are The Sick, and add in the evil thrashy vibe of Altars of Madness.

There is no better album in death metal. Thats a FACT. and to disagree is to admit that you are an idiot who hates death metal and that you spend your time listening to Insineratehymn or In Torment In Hell or other such garbage.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:56 pm 

"I hate death metal but I listen to Deicide"

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

skinnedngs22
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:05 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Well.. I guess he did the job for us, then.

skinnedngs22, I'm afraid you're in the wrong thread. If you would like help with your reviews, please try here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=16487

In the circumstances this is love evil topic be the cause to put this in, than I resolution to proper topic.

Thanks be gave to you, for the advisement! Cold!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 am 

Derigin wrote:
For Morbid Angel's Formulas Fatal to the Flesh:

He'll buy it for you... what a DEAL!!!@ wrote:
very silly review

How could you have turned that down? Just seeing the guy's reaction at the number of people who would email him asking him to buy them copies of the album would be worth the blow to the site's review standards.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Gutterscream
The Last Old Schooler in Town

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm 

A review for Gorgoroth's Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The US Release - 90%
Written by JalmyM203 on October 27th, 2009

The United States release was Monday October 26th i believe. I went to the Mall yesterday with the knowing of a music let down because every time i go there the music selection sucks. To my surprise they had the new Gorgoroth cd and on sale for $9.99 so i had to scoop it up. I opened the cd and saw that it came with a Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt Patch as well. As for the cd itself, I was greatly pleased with how it came out. All the haters need to shut up. The song called Rebirth says it all. Gorgoroth is and will always be an unstoppable force in the Black Metal scene. If you don't like the train they take you on throughout the cd then get the hell off.
"No, Lair...but that's a pretty damn good name too!".

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:43 pm 

Gutterscream wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The US Release - 90%

The United States release was Monday October 26th i believe. I went to the Mall yesterday with the knowing of a music let down because every time i go there the music selection sucks. To my surprise they had the new Gorgoroth cd and on sale for $9.99 so i had to scoop it up. I opened the cd and saw that it came with a Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt Patch as well. As for the cd itself, I was greatly pleased with how it came out. All the haters need to shut up. The song called Rebirth says it all. Gorgoroth is and will always be an unstoppable force in the Black Metal scene. If you don't like the train they take you on throughout the cd then get the hell off.

Wow.

Holy crap, wow.

Khull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 pm 

Gutterscream wrote:

Hopefully I'm not alone, but I found myself reading that in the voice of a kindergarten kid learning to read.

Thoroughly entertaining.

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am 

Any positive review for the new Gorgoroth should be auto-rejected for factual inaccuracy.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Gutterscream wrote:
The US Release - 90%

Wow.

Holy crap, wow.

I'd like to see the reactions of people around him when he 'scooped up' a CD. It seems an odd motion to employ. Although, perhaps his hand-eye co-ordination has something in common with his writing skills. Hope he enjoys that patch though.

heavymetalbackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:57 am 

sushiman wrote:

I'd like to see the reactions of people around him when he 'scooped up' a CD. It seems an odd motion to employ. Although, perhaps his hand-eye co-ordination has something in common with his writing skills. Hope he enjoys that patch though.

:lol: I think it's a common idiom for obtaining something casually and quickly. Though, if taken literally, the thought of him shaping his hands into a shovel head to lift the CD upward is amusing.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:52 am 

heavymetalbackwards wrote:
sushiman wrote:

:lol: I think it's a common idiom for obtaining something casually and quickly. Though, if taken literally, the thought of him shaping his hands into a shovel head to lift the CD upward is amusing.

I'm afraid that's exactly what I visualized when I read it. :lol: I suppose that's the sort of behaviour I would expect from someone who has English as their first language yet uses phrases like 'with the knowing of a music letdown.'

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 am 

heavymetalbackwards wrote:
Though, if taken literally, the thought of him shaping his hands into a shovel head to lift the CD upward is amusing.
What made it even more funny was that he had to scoop it up.

I, too, visualised him going "ah well, here we go again..." and having to lift it like that. :lol:

Sigillum_Dei_Ameth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:23 pm 

Gutterscream wrote:
The US Release - 90%

If I start listening to Gorgoroth, will I become this stupid?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 am 

A short one.

For Lifelover's Dekadens:
The Little Mermaid wrote:
Great riffs
brought good
and a very very good voice

Sigillum_Dei_Ameth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:32 pm 

Derigin wrote:
A short one.

For Lifelover's Dekadens:
The Little Mermaid wrote:
Great riffs
brought good
and a very very good voice

Can't fucking argue with that logic. He just cuts right through the bullshit and tells you like it is.... :roll:

MediaCult
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am 

Sorry, moved to correct thread.

Last edited by MediaCult on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:38 am 

MediaCult wrote:
Please band this idiot:

http://www.metal-archives.com/userrevie ... _Unweeping

Just look at his review titles. It's obvious that he isn't a serious reviewer.

First of all, wrong thread. You're looking for another sticky called "oven fodder".

Second, which one of your favourite bands did he insult?

Third, if stupid titles were a valid reason for rejection (actually... they kinda are...) I'd have no reviews here personally.

Try to come up with some valid reasons in the correct thread and we can discuss things. Thank you.

MediaCult
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:11 pm 

Napero wrote:
MediaCult wrote:
Please band this idiot:

http://www.metal-archives.com/userrevie ... _Unweeping

Just look at his review titles. It's obvious that he isn't a serious reviewer.

First of all, wrong thread. You're looking for another sticky called "oven fodder".

Second, which one of your favourite bands did he insult?

Third, if stupid titles were a valid reason for rejection (actually... they kinda are...) I'd have no reviews here personally.

Try to come up with some valid reasons in the correct thread and we can discuss things. Thank you.

Sorry, moved to correct thread.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 pm 

Whenever someone says that the Chinese bombed Pearl Harbor, you think that no one can be any stupider than that....

I have to thank these reviewers for proving me wrong.

SluseTheInventor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 am 

I may be a few pages too late, but it think Slammysamman is a parody of your average slam death metal fan. Look at this shit on his profile

DREEM FEARTAH - NO FUKIN GUTERALZ OR GRAVETY BLA$$TZ!!! DEY HAVA HI SOUNDIN GEETAR RIFF WICH IZNT $$LAM LYK I FINK ITZ CALD A SOLO OR $$UM $$HYT LYK DAT!!! BT IT TEYKZ NO TALENT CUZ IT NOT $$LAM!!! IT PUSSAY $HYT 4 EMO WID DER UN$$ALAMEY RIFFZ!!

Goddamn.

Edit: http://www.myspace.com/newyorkment

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am 

SluseTheInventor wrote:
I may be a few pages too late, but it think Slammysamman is a parody of your average slam death metal fan.
No shit.

- Tim Minchin

heavymetalbackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:54 pm 

OlioTheSmall wrote:
SluseTheInventor wrote:
I may be a few pages too late, but it think Slammysamman is a parody of your average slam death metal fan.
No shit.

I find Slammysamman hilarious, and probably the best troll in metal. Let's face it: most of them aren't funny.

Voice_of_Reason
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:58 pm 

There is something to be said about making the same joke again and again (that it's stupid!).

heavymetalbackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:20 pm 

If you can do something endlessly and perpetually, but it never gets tiring, it must be good.

Mother_of_God
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 pm 

SluseTheInventor wrote:

he actually has quite a few songs up on that page, it almost makes me think that a part of him is serious.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm 

Catachthonian wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's actually more like random lyrics generator:

INSANE PUSSY DETONATOR
BLACK UNHOLY BESTIAL WAR
GOAT WAR METAL SACRIFICING
ALCOHOLIC VIRGIN CUNTS

WAR DEATH HATE
ALL HAIL GOATFAGO!!!
YOU WILL LISTEN TO
OR IT WILL KILL YOU!!!

BUY THIS NOW OR YOU WILL DIE
WITH ALL MIGHTY GOAT PENIS
SEXUAL PERVERTED VAGINAL LUSTING
KILL POSEURS AND CHRIST ALL!!!

:lol: I think you're right. If you read the second line, it sounds like your average fago band lyrics:

ALCOHOLOCAUSTO SODOM
EJACULATION OF UNHOLY HORES
INSANE PUSSY DETENATOR
DETHRONING CHRISTIAN SCUM
SLAUGHTER VIRGINS OF CHRIST
WITH ALL MIGHTY GOAT PENIS

ALL HAIL GOATFAGO!!!!
KILL POSEURS AND CHRIST ALL!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 pm 

This thread should be stickied again - have the mods really lacked putrid reviews, lately?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:29 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
This thread should be stickied again - have the mods really lacked putrid reviews, lately?

Oh no. Oh no, no no no no.

For W.A.S.P.'s Crazy:

Pachelbel's Canon wrote:
Yeah that's right. W.A.S.P., (my favorite metal band) loses all dignity and copies a hard rock song from the 80's called "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger Well, still don't believe me? Look at Night Ranger's lyrics:

"Don't tell me you love me
Don't tell me you love me
Don't tell me, I don't wanna know
Don't tell me, I don't wanna know"

And now look at Blackie's

"You gotta be crazy to say you love me
No I don't wanna no no no
I don't wanna
I'm never letting you say, say you love me
Never ever let it show, no no"

This is so disapointing. The two choruses have almost the same lyrics. Not to mention that the chords and solo are simillar in both songs.

The song is believed to be a masterpiece by ignorant W.A.S.P. fans. Unforunately I cannot take a rip off seriously, especially when it comes from such a historical band.

One last thing that really pissed me off: Isn't this the opening riff from Wild Child? I mean, doesn't Blackie take his fans seriously anymore? I hate to say that, but I lost some respect and appreciation for W.A.S.P..

ScourgeOfDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 am 

Derigin wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Oh no. Oh no, no no no no.

For W.A.S.P.'s Crazy:

Pachelbel's Canon wrote:
Yeah that's right. W.A.S.P., (my favorite metal band) loses all dignity and copies a hard rock song from the 80's called "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger Well, still don't believe me? Look at Night Ranger's lyrics:

"Don't tell me you love me
Don't tell me, I don't wanna know
Don't tell me, I don't wanna know"

And now look at Blackie's

"You gotta be crazy to say you love me
I don't wanna
I'm never letting you say, say you love me
Never ever let it show, no no"

This is so disapointing. The two choruses have almost the same lyrics. Not to mention that the chords and solo are simillar in both songs.

The song is believed to be a masterpiece by ignorant W.A.S.P. fans. Unforunately I cannot take a rip off seriously, especially when it comes from such a historical band.

One last thing that really pissed me off: Isn't this the opening riff from Wild Child? I mean, doesn't Blackie take his fans seriously anymore? I hate to say that, but I lost some respect and appreciation for W.A.S.P..

I am disappointed Derigin. This review is a LOT better than some of the reviews mentioned on the first 3-4 pages of Oven Fodder. The fun times are over. No more review retards to point fingers and laugh at.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:18 pm 

Wow, and I have a review up for that single. But yeah, that looks more like a post on the forums than a review. So maybe we shouldn't sticky this thread, sure, but there still be some snarzy reviews once in a while!...?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Ericfg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 pm 

Quote:
First of all, <snip>
Second, <snip>

What???? No "second of all"????
Are you, perhaps, the only other person on this dogforsaken planet that realizes that after saying "first of all" that saying "second of all" is just useless, assinine & repetitive unintelligence? Or am I just off ranting on a silly pet peeve? :)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:18 pm 

BUMP PRAISE THE RETURN OF THE CRAPPY DIEM!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 pm 

So that's what that screen looks like on your end. Thanks for reviving this thread, and know that this review would be a spotlight review on Amazon.com with +20 helpful votes.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm 

I was thinking about this thread the other day. Let the shitstorms begin!

Obligatory Last FM Link

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm 

No screenshot but here's a great one I rejected last week, I saved it because what the fuck.

For Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten, rated 100%

"My god if i could id give an even higher rating on this album because thats how much i love this album..it contains all the elements id like to find in a death metal record. slayer like guitar riffs on steroids, brutal intense drumming, sick groovy bass, and more importantly the lyrics. and overall the main highlight on this album would have to be Frank Mullen. Hes one of if not the first to implement that slam or brutal death metal like vocal guttural sound in the track liege of inveracity which truly shows how influential this band is at this time DEATHCORE BANDS WERE IN THEIR NAPPIES..so anyone who says that they didn't influence the deathcore genre is a lie..because if you listen to their 90s stuff alot of it has much of the deathcore elements and thus spawning the genre so yeah onto the review.

The year is 1991, and already death metal is starting spreading throughout the music industry with bands such as morbid angel, cannibal corpse, obituary, nocturnus, atheist, death, deicide etc. but since then death metal has taken a more technical approach to the genre and atheist was the first to do it.. following that was nocturnus and their "The Key" album. Death was in more in their thrash metal roots in the first three roots and with their 4th record releasing ironically the same day as effigy of the forgotten, they show a more technical and still having the same death sound..now with that said WHAT ABOUT THIS ALBUM? Well ill tell you what...this album is technical, and death metal, but this has the sound of that more brutal and intense approach and it making cannibal corpses eaten back to life look like shit music writing wise not the lyrics because this albums lyrics is not as gorey or intense as EBTL. Anyways this album like i said has that more brutal approach with mainly the downtuned guitars and not to mention this is NEW YORK DEATH METAL. back then it was called before the genre as we'd like to call now slam/brutal death metal. This album set the stage for future bands to come and take the roots of effigy of revolutionize it which shows how humble and respected this band so without suffocation there would not be alot of your favorite "brutal/slam" metal bands out. now to talk about the album itself

This album has everything a death metal fan that has wanted to listen to something more extreme past deicide, cannibal corpse, or even morbid angel..its fast, aggressive, brutal omg everything that defines the term brutal so you can make what you will out of that word haha. The guitar work...ZOMG its one of the most intricate shit ive heard terrance hobbs and the other guitarist i forgot what his name was in the line up at the time but they make an amazing duo. AND AN EVEN BIGGER PLUS IS TERRANCE IS HOBBS IS BLACK not being racial or prejudice in any way if you're wondering, and mike smith also the same race as him...so its like an oreo mix of brutal death metal in a way to me on this record lol. speaking of mike smith OMG HE CAN KILL HIS DRUMSET LIKE NO OTHER. I MEAN WHO WAS THAT DOMINATING AND BLASTING AS HARD AS MIKE??? no one he makes cannibal corpses drummer look like utter shit, well rephrase that he makes alot of death metal drummers nowadays look like crap...and thats saying something. Well my favorite tracks on here would have to be the first one, self titled, infecting the crypts, jesus wept(which btw has that catchy riff in the middle part of the song omfg), habitual infamy and seeds of the suffering which btw has got the be the heaviest guitar riffing ive heard in a song in a while like literally i love this band to death and idk how much i can emphasize them they are literally my fave death metal band right now along with death. now im not new to suffocation. ive been a fan of them for 6 years now and i've come to conclusion that with all the other following releases which are all good, i don't think they will make another album as fast, and brutal as effigy of the forgotten..im also anticipating their coming up album either this month or next, but it'll most likely be a fall release... ONE MORE THING about the album...the artwork IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST ITS WALLIE ON VENOM OR STEROIDS idk but whoever made the artwork props to you so yeah if you dont have this album in your collection get it, i do and its signed by the band themselves, and as im closing this review to a finish, im currently listening to this album as im writing so yeah and maybe after 10 years ill still be listening to this, and showing it to my kids so i can pass my music taste on to them.. i mean it runs in the family. my dad inherited all his music to me and i will do the same to my future kids lol so yeah totally irrelevant to this review soooooooooo yeah get this album!"
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm 

God, I wish I saved Ismetal's review of the new Manowar album; he wrote me a swell love letter and it was utterly hilarious. You guys would love the shit out of it.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
So that's what that screen looks like on your end. Thanks for reviving this thread, and know that this review would be a spotlight review on Amazon.com with +20 helpful votes.

Amazon has a lot of credibility!

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:45 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
BUMP PRAISE THE RETURN OF THE CRAPPY DIEM!

:lol: I love that reject button. Thanks for this thread's resurrection. Some lolworthy crap here.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:50 pm 

YES, this is definitely one of the greatest threads ever. Let the glory return! :nods:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm 

Also, stealing this one from Gutterscream in the other thread, I wanted to add something of my own...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 76  Next