Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MATTDEATH45
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:12 pm 

HEY PEOPLE, THIS IS MY REVIEW FOR ARSIS'S A CELEBRATION OF GUILT, AND THESE GUYS FROM THE SITE WONT MAKE THIS FUCKIN THING BE POSTED BY ANYMEANS! I ALREADY CORRECTED A MILLION TIMES AND SINCE I AM NOT AMERICAN, IM BRAZILLIAN, I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? THANKS!!

THE REVIEW:
Okay, now I have to say that I took a couple of several days to realise what was in front of me. And is already worth mention that Arsis is not entitled a melodic death metal band, because they have a much elaborate structure in their songs, admittedly qualifying them as technical melodic death metal. One of the several new categories that keep emerging in the trends of metal in the 20th century. Created from the melodic death metal junction as we know (At the Gates, In Flames old school) with the absurd instrumental technique of bands like Decapitated and Psycroptic. We got besides Arsis, such good bands that support the style like: Allegaeon, Bloodshot dawn and Quo vadis. (resuming: its not so fuckin complex the "technical" part of the band in this album, but its really not just melodic death metal going around here).

This album is complex. It's technical and got well thinking music for headbangers that likes serious work and unique stuff. Not just the same brutal shit or melodic death metal bands with no identidy at all. With a taste of extreme agression, this cd passes to the listener that he is rearing to an orchestra of fuckin death metal in every song. Especially the ones who have this quality in exaltation, like the "Wholly Night" and "Madenning Dismain". Something that is really unique in this band. In fact, this cd gets the metalhead attention for that matter: he is unique. The drums, the vocals, the guitar, everything.

James Malone is one of the most eloquent and revolutionary guitarists I've ever heard in death metal, that's a fact. The guy is a monster, playing and developing a amount of unique and intricated riffs (and not to mention the monstrous solos), while dropping an extremely difficult vocal and passing identity all the time. A single Especie that typical acute melodic death, but with a more dark and morbid touch, not taking influences of the typical american screamo.

Only a genius can work height in such a complex way and at the same time without sounding monotonous. The drums is at the same level of james Malone's guitar. They're insane and professional, leading to Michael Van Dyne a prestigious name for any band that wants an experience of outstanding drummer. Memorable could be easily his other name,because the drums work not only in being complex and to mark the tempo, but participates as any other instrument, creating melodies with the music. It is a living battery, with weight and color, and passes the feeling that can be played in many ways.

The lyrics and all the songs are striking, with its unique moments which transform them into a work of punishing and fine art, as the melodic death metal should sound. The opening track "The Face of My Innocence" its an anthem and opens the album in no better way. Showing right in your face what Arsis is about. Then we have just great songs in their own ways (somethig that a fuckin loadsome of death metal and melodic death metal musicians fail to do in their albums). We got "Maddening Dismain","Seven Whispers Fell Silent", "Return" and a lot of other songs that do the exact same thing that "Maddening Dismain" does: combine the melody and the brutality with perfection, giving the strenght and the air that the songs need to keep going strong. Taking just "Worship Depraved" (but that is just in my taste) all the others songs are classics and unique songs. And in my opinion again, "Wholly Night" is just a fuckin tremendous masterpiece of melodic death metal, the better song in the album. The chorus is something unique and beatiful without sounding lame and weak in every terms. Its the opposite: strong like fuckin metal should be. And then we have just the greatest headbangable riffs that this two motherfuckers can developed. And it's still the same song! Just outstanding.

Its how I mentioned: its a little bit complex, but if the thing gets you, youre going to have another favourite band on your list. Its a shame that these guys couldnt developed the same material in other albums, thats a real shame, but with "A Celebration Of Guilt" Arsis put their names on the walls for sure. Its melodic death metal in that way: melodic, AND death. Its original, its different, its music for headbanger's ears. That's it.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:18 pm 

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.