Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bronan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 am 

I write comprehensive reviews primarily for new underground black metal releases for a site called Summoning Spirits, and I would like to give those same bands a review and score on MA without copying word for word my original post. I was wondering if it was okay to write a brief summary of my original review and link to the full reivew at the end.

If I'm breaking some sort of rule by doing this, please let me know. I'm submitting one to the queue for Wolvhammer's Crawling Into Black Sun for you guys to check. Thanks.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:32 am 

Why not copy them here completely?

Essentially, asking people to browse your own website in order to read the whole review would count as promotion, and I'm afraid it would not be tolerated. It's OK, even encouraged, to link to the original review if it's been published elsewhere, but using the MA as a springboard or promotional site to lure in readers to your own website by offering tidbit samples would not look too good.

Please provide the entire review.

Bronan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm 

The best answer I can give is that the site master doesn't want the review to get spam filtered by search engines because of duplicate entries, and I can totally understand that. It ends up being bad for both sides. It's too much for me to go and write another full review to avoid that but I want bands I write for to get some exposure on here as well. This was my solution, so of course I want to run it through you guys first before spamming a bunch of half reviews that link off to another site.

Reply to topic