Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm 

Is it permitted here to post reviews written by others, crediting them, or by posting a link to the main review? I think no, but I have seen a review or two like that, though I cannot remember which.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:16 am 

No, and if you see any that you suspect of doing this please point them out. Remember that many of the more prolific reviewers on the site have their own separate blog/whatever and they often link to them at the end of their reviews.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

VibrationsOfDoom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm 

...As many of you know, I also run Vibrations Of Doom Magazine... A lot of times I love to do 80's metal reviews, but when I review a CD for this site that I may have already reviewed in my own publication, I still write an entirely different one... Even if I give the same score... It helps me learn to write more concise, smaller reviews (I tend to go to great lengths at times, mainly because I don't mind giving a track-by-track scenario...)

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:56 pm 

VibrationsOfDoom wrote:
...As many of you know, I also run Vibrations Of Doom Magazine... A lot of times I love to do 80's metal reviews, but when I review a CD for this site that I may have already reviewed in my own publication, I still write an entirely different one... Even if I give the same score... It helps me learn to write more concise, smaller reviews (I tend to go to great lengths at times, mainly because I don't mind giving a track-by-track scenario...)

Well, posting your review written for other zines or blogs seems all fine to me. Writing a different one specifically for MA, as you do, seems pretty unnecessary to me, but I got your point.

Anyway, this raises another query on me. Do people review same album more than once using multiple accounts? Have you seen such cases, and does MA permit it?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:23 am 

People have done it. It is strictly forbidden and will lead to an instant permaban on every single account we can trace to you.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Reply to topic