PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:05 pm 

Wra1th1s wrote:
Witcher wrote:
Reviews for Deep Forest's In The Frost Forest

sex - 100%
Written by cume99 on September 5th, 2008

what a sex!

:lol::ugh::puke::cry:

This has made me lose faith in humanity.

Welcome to the internet! I see this is your first time here. :lol:

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm 

Gutterscream wrote:
For Epiclore's Into Demise and Victory

Damn, it impress me two times! - 100%

Impress me two times, baby
Impress me twice today
Impress me two times, girl
I'm goin' away
Impress me two times, girl
One for tomorrow
One just for today
Impress me two times
I'm goin' away

:hyper:

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:41 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Wtf, a black metal band called Deep Forest? :lol:

Those French guys are going to have a good time laughing at that.

And have you seen the tracklist?
1. Intro 05:38
2. Lake of Sorrow 05:10
3. Old Tree And Old Ghost 05:08
4. Outro 01:57

How original!

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:45 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Wtf, a black metal band called Deep Forest? :lol:

Those French guys are going to have a good time laughing at that.

And have you seen the tracklist?
1. Intro 05:38
2. Lake of Sorrow 05:10
3. Old Tree And Old Ghost 05:08
4. Outro 01:57

How original!

1. Intro
2. Walking Down the Sidewalk
3. Pedestrian Crossing
4. Dog Beside a Fire Hydrant
5. Outro

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:30 pm 

For Zombie Ritual's Night of the Zombie Party:

Quote:
what the hell i though it was gonna be good - 81%
Written by boundgagkill on September 18th, 2008

this is the first death metal band from japan i ever heard i though it started out good the riffs are fucking killer but the singer sucks when i say SUCK i mean fucking terrible he sounds like a retard being fucked by his own dog ,its shit ...besides that the CD was awesome i am surprised they actually pulled off all the songs about one subject i partially like ..ZOMBIES!!!

To bad you cant really understand what the dude says in the first place cause most of it is in Japanese , the drummer did a exceptional job and the bass lines are perfect, besides little flaws in the vocal area it was good in till track 4 but soon got annoying and want to shut it off as quickly as you turned it on all in all the cd was decent but its not the best i ever heard.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:11 pm 

People without half a brain are still able to type? That was quite a discovery. A sad one.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 pm 

I made a rant about that sort of posting in the FFA thread. People who type like that make me want to bash my skull in. I'm surprised this guy thought it would be accepted.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Wra1th1s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:42 am 

1stMetalheads wrote:
Wra1th1s wrote:
Witcher wrote:
Reviews for Deep Forest's In The Frost Forest

sex - 100%
Written by cume99 on September 5th, 2008

what a sex!

:lol::ugh::puke::cry:

This has made me lose faith in humanity.

Welcome to the internet! I see this is your first time here. :lol:

"what a sex!" goes above and beyond even the most retarded internet quips.
we sail across the sea!

Gothus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:10 am 

I'm thinking about sigging that actually. :lol:

slammysamman wrote:
HOW IZ IT DETH METIL WITOUT BREAKDOWNZZZ????

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 pm 

For Slayer's Reign in Blood:

Quote:
The standard - 100%
Written by blashyrkh66 on September 20th, 2008

The gold standard that all that has come after has tried to duplicate, but mostly failed. The greatest thrash album of all time and blueprint for much of death metal as well. If you think this is mere hyperbole, I can only assume that you were either too young or too out of touch to know the impact that this record had when it was released in 1986. This record changed and influenced most who heard it, and ushered in a new level of brutality in music.

So you know where I stand, I think the album is thrash/death perfection. So instead of waxing poetic on its excellence, I will instead take on its critics. Now I can understand those who don't like metal not finding this album spectacular - but people on a metal website? You have to be kidding!

When I read reviews giving this album less than, say a 85-90 rating, I am shocked. Some people say that besides "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood", that the rest of the tracks are "generic" and "unmemorable". How someone can find these perfect blasts of aggression not catchy or remarkable is beyond me. We must be listening to two different albums, or maybe you don't really like this genre?

If these tracks are generic, it is only because a good percentage of the Metal scene has been attempting to copy Slayer for the last 2+ decades, people then copy those copies, and so on. Another side to the same coin would be someone who will say that music which originally used this as a basic blueprint has evolved over 22 years, and so someone who may like Decapitated or Origin (two bands that would have evolved from the "basic" thrash or death sound, but are now much different due to musical evolution) may not find this style appealing. While I can see the logic behind that point, I would still say they are ultimately wrong, because like good classical music, time cannot render perfection obsolete. You can say that "Reign In Blood" is not your style if you don't like this type of metal, but in that case you shouldn't be writing a review of it.

Also, I think it is trendy for younger people to name drop more obscure older bands so they look more knowledgeable or "true". Anyone who says that they think Slayer are hacks but then name drop some 2nd or 3rd rate band (like pretty much any band on New Renaissance for example), either have tastes different than most, or are kids trying to buy street cred by knowing about more underground shit, which is a true poser move. And I would even say this extends to some good bands. There are some second tier 80's Thrash acts that get name checked all the time now, and some of them were amazing, but they couldn't have touched Slayer back in the day, which is why they were second tier! I know it's not "cool" to say that you like the big established band that everyone else likes too, but sometimes those bands are huge because they were the fucking best! Don't deny yourself the classics because you are worried about being trendy. That's lame.

Or there is also just poor criticism - some critics use a bullshit tactic against Slayer that I see often used against Metallica's older, classic thrash work. They express their dissatisfaction against what they perceive as a later "sell-out" or less than stellar newer work by attacking the older, legendary works in their canon. This is ridiculous, illogical and bad reviewing. It's like arguing over semantics instead of meaning, people like this probably make "good" lawyers, but are frustrating assholes the rest of us have to put up with. Or we have the contrarians who just always like to disagree with everyone else, and they are just as annoying. Or the occasional, slightly less irritating person who honestly just doesn't get it, but due to their ego and incapability to recognize that maybe they just don't understand, feels a need to express it (I don't like Emperor for example, but I'm not rating their records because I clearly don't get it). This is why you'll go onto the listings of every big band here and see the albums that are generally considered their classics ("Reign In Blood", Metallica's "Master of Puppets", etc) with ratings lower than their legend would indicate they should have. These types of people should have their keyboards taken away from them. When I become dictator, you all will be sent to the salt mines to work, ha ha.

I simply cannot understand those who find this less than amazing. Your loss.

Something one may not be used to seeing in this thread, but nevertheless it fits the bill. Totally worthless.

Engrish boulevard isn't the only road that leads to the dump.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:59 pm 

It's just a huge rant against the critics, why doesn't he just describe the album and shut the fuck up?

LotF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 pm 

Gutterscream wrote:
For V Pøítmí's Prázdnota here's one - a gift true.

------------
A Beautiful Tribute To Trist. - 100%
Written by NihiL_izTik_VoiD on July 28th, 2008

.... Before the middle of the song, it comes a really haunting sound that is so malancholic it provides a strong feeling of melancholy, this part is so sweet, it makes the song perfect.

How the hell does he type it wrong the first time but right the second time?

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 am 

Quote:
The standard - 100%

So, anything less than perfect falls below a passing mark? Looks like everyone, everywhere has to pick up their games.

- Tim Minchin

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 am 

For Fates Warning's The Spectre Within.

Quote:
VOCAL OUT OF TUNE!!!! - 90%
Written by michal on September 22nd, 2008

YES!I SHOULD JUST END MY REVIEW HERE...VOC.OUT OF TUNE BIG TIME!!!JEEEZZZ CAN'T YOU GUYS HEAR THAT!!AND COMPARE IT TO SEVENTH SON....?????I GAVE 9O FOR MUSIC.BUT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT VOCALIST SPOILED THIS ALBUM.TO BE ABLE TO WAIL HE WOULD HAVE TO BE KING DIAMOND TO BE ABLE TO DO IT IN TUNE.
SAID ENOUGH.SHAME.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:40 am 

PhantomOTO wrote:
For Fates Warning's The Spectre Within.

Quote:
VOCAL OUT OF TUNE!!!! - 90%

YES!I SHOULD JUST END MY REVIEW HERE...VOC.OUT OF TUNE BIG TIME!!!JEEEZZZ CAN'T YOU GUYS HEAR THAT!!AND COMPARE IT TO SEVENTH SON....?????I GAVE 9O FOR MUSIC.BUT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT VOCALIST SPOILED THIS ALBUM.TO BE ABLE TO WAIL HE WOULD HAVE TO BE KING DIAMOND TO BE ABLE TO DO IT IN TUNE.
SAID ENOUGH.SHAME.

:lol: And I was just about to post that here.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:25 pm 

For Alestorm's "Captain Morgain's Revenge":

Quote:
Something new. - 87%
Written by Batnobbit on September 22nd, 2008

We have all ehard about Viking metal, Turcian metal etc but Pirate Metal? No, and it's about damn time. I really liked this album, but ofc I loved pirates since i was a little kid. But I reccomend this if you like Melodic Death Metal and pirates.
My last words is probaly: Yaaaaaaaarrrr Mate!

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:34 pm 

Engrish is so pirate...

Flamos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:52 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
For Slayer's Reign in Blood:

Quote:
The standard - 100%
Written by blashyrkh66 on September 20th, 2008

The gold standard that all that has come after has tried to duplicate, but mostly failed. The greatest thrash album of all time and blueprint for much of death metal as well. If you think this is mere hyperbole, I can only assume that you were either too young or too out of touch to know the impact that this record had when it was released in 1986. This record changed and influenced most who heard it, and ushered in a new level of brutality in music.

So you know where I stand, I think the album is thrash/death perfection. So instead of waxing poetic on its excellence, I will instead take on its critics. Now I can understand those who don't like metal not finding this album spectacular - but people on a metal website? You have to be kidding!

When I read reviews giving this album less than, say a 85-90 rating, I am shocked. Some people say that besides "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood", that the rest of the tracks are "generic" and "unmemorable". How someone can find these perfect blasts of aggression not catchy or remarkable is beyond me. We must be listening to two different albums, or maybe you don't really like this genre?

If these tracks are generic, it is only because a good percentage of the Metal scene has been attempting to copy Slayer for the last 2+ decades, people then copy those copies, and so on. Another side to the same coin would be someone who will say that music which originally used this as a basic blueprint has evolved over 22 years, and so someone who may like Decapitated or Origin (two bands that would have evolved from the "basic" thrash or death sound, but are now much different due to musical evolution) may not find this style appealing. While I can see the logic behind that point, I would still say they are ultimately wrong, because like good classical music, time cannot render perfection obsolete. You can say that "Reign In Blood" is not your style if you don't like this type of metal, but in that case you shouldn't be writing a review of it.

Also, I think it is trendy for younger people to name drop more obscure older bands so they look more knowledgeable or "true". Anyone who says that they think Slayer are hacks but then name drop some 2nd or 3rd rate band (like pretty much any band on New Renaissance for example), either have tastes different than most, or are kids trying to buy street cred by knowing about more underground shit, which is a true poser move. And I would even say this extends to some good bands. There are some second tier 80's Thrash acts that get name checked all the time now, and some of them were amazing, but they couldn't have touched Slayer back in the day, which is why they were second tier! I know it's not "cool" to say that you like the big established band that everyone else likes too, but sometimes those bands are huge because they were the fucking best! Don't deny yourself the classics because you are worried about being trendy. That's lame.

Or there is also just poor criticism - some critics use a bullshit tactic against Slayer that I see often used against Metallica's older, classic thrash work. They express their dissatisfaction against what they perceive as a later "sell-out" or less than stellar newer work by attacking the older, legendary works in their canon. This is ridiculous, illogical and bad reviewing. It's like arguing over semantics instead of meaning, people like this probably make "good" lawyers, but are frustrating assholes the rest of us have to put up with. Or we have the contrarians who just always like to disagree with everyone else, and they are just as annoying. Or the occasional, slightly less irritating person who honestly just doesn't get it, but due to their ego and incapability to recognize that maybe they just don't understand, feels a need to express it (I don't like Emperor for example, but I'm not rating their records because I clearly don't get it). This is why you'll go onto the listings of every big band here and see the albums that are generally considered their classics ("Reign In Blood", Metallica's "Master of Puppets", etc) with ratings lower than their legend would indicate they should have. These types of people should have their keyboards taken away from them. When I become dictator, you all will be sent to the salt mines to work, ha ha.

I simply cannot understand those who find this less than amazing. Your loss.

Something one may not be used to seeing in this thread, but nevertheless it fits the bill. Totally worthless.

Engrish boulevard isn't the only road that leads to the dump.

How are reviews like this even accepted?

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm 

Flamos wrote:
How are reviews like this even accepted?

It wasn't accepted, dummy.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:51 pm 

Geez, the clown who submitted that earlier Fates Warning review submitted a followup.

Quote:
VERY INTERESTING MUSIC - 10%

I WOULD LIKE TO START THIS REVIEW THAT I DON'T WAN'T TO OFFENCE ANYBODY BY IT.BEFORE BUYING THIS ALBUM YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF A QUESTION:DO I REALY CARE ABOUT LISTENING SOME GREAT MUSIC WITH SINGER WHICH CONSTANTLY IS OUT OF TUNE?IF YES THEN BUY THIS ALBUM BECAUSE IT HAS AMAZING MUSIC.
UNFORTUNETELY VOCAL ON THIS ALBUM IS ANNOYING AND OUT OF TUNE AS I POINTED IT OUT EARLIER ON AND IS SPOILING ALL IT'S BEAUTY.GREAT SHAME THAT MR.ALDER ARRIVED A BIT LATER TO THIS GREAT BAND.
AND THE RATING HAS TO BE 90% FOR MUSIC,10% FOR VOCAL.

1stMetalheads
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 pm 

lolwut? That he thinks reviews are fractions offenses me. :lol:

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:03 am 

Oh man, that better not be for Awaken The Guardian. To say that John Arch is out of key is blasphemy.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 pm 

For Death's Symbolic:

Quote:
Symbolic acts - 100%
Written by MetalSupremacist on September 23rd, 2008

In my personal Opionion Everything that death has released is absolutley fucking amazing... and symbolic just another noch of brilliance to their name.

eveything on this album is pure greatness
to the hard wriffs, to the awesome melodic solo's, the pounding drums, the screeching vocals, amazing memorable lyrics... i like to call this beautfiul death metal because its simply just ...beautiful

your a fan of death then you must get this album
even if you have to burn it off limewire or utorrent
just get it.. its fuckin sweet

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:07 pm 

Wriffs? Well, there's a new one.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:11 pm 

Limewire? That explains his mental retardation right there...

I guess "wriffs" is a more amusing mangling of "riffs" than "rifts" though. Pity there were no "defiantly"'s in there though.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm 

I'd say "Opionion" makes up for it. It's even better since he didn't capitalize anything else (except Everything).

Edit: Oh well he did capitalize "In."

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:59 pm 

HawHaw wrote:
I suppose its quite ironic that most foreign people won't actually be able to read the rule that states all reviews must be in English.

I don't think he can read the one saying that your review shouldn't be an advertisement either. If "he" can read at all--it may be a bot of some sort.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:52 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
I guess "wriffs" is a more amusing mangling of "riffs" than "rifts" though.

That was exactly what I thought too.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 am 

MikeyC wrote:
I made a rant about that sort of posting in the FFA thread. People who type like that make me want to bash my skull in. I'm surprised this guy thought it would be accepted.

You mean make you want to bash THEIR skulls in. :-)

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 am 

Here's a lovely review for Nargaroth's "Black Metal ist Krieg":

Quote:
The Day Nargaroth tried to kill Black Metal - 20%
Written by thekoner666 on September 25th, 2008

Here we have the dedication monument "black metal ist krieg"
well i really think this is a very poor album, so is nargaroth,
songs in this album are poor, i meant the lyrics!
here you have songs that even a 13 years old kid could have wrotten.
example BLACK METAL IST KRIEG i think this is the dumbest song ever
what the fuck is wrong with him?

Black Metal ist Krieg!
Black Metal ist Krieg!
Black fucking Metal ist Krieg!

say that 100 times add some poor music
and there is a black metal song.
when i downloaded this album i was expecting more than that
so let me tell you if you are thinking in steal,buy,borrow this album
just forget about!
this album sucks ass!
just walk away from it
and pretend you never heard of nargaroth
or BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 am 

Perdition666 wrote:
Here's a lovely review for Nargaroth's "Black Metal ist Krieg":

Quote:
The Day Nargaroth tried to kill Black Metal - 20%
Written by thekoner666 on September 25th, 2008

Here we have the dedication monument "black metal ist krieg"
well i really think this is a very poor album, so is nargaroth,
songs in this album are poor, i meant the lyrics!
here you have songs that even a 13 years old kid could have wrotten.
example BLACK METAL IST KRIEG i think this is the dumbest song ever
what the fuck is wrong with him?

Black Metal ist Krieg!
Black Metal ist Krieg!
Black fucking Metal ist Krieg!

say that 100 times add some poor music
and there is a black metal song.
when i downloaded this album i was expecting more than that
so let me tell you if you are thinking in steal,buy,borrow this album
just forget about!
this album sucks ass!
just walk away from it
and pretend you never heard of nargaroth
or BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

Where did you find that at?

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 am 

In the review queue, not revealed to the commoners.

I somehow like that review. Especially the irony here:

Quote:
even a 13 years old kid could have wrotten.

Well, "wrotten" is another high point.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:45 am 

Kruel wrote:

Quote:

I guess he is privy to that queue.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:47 am 

Who? Perdition? He is a mod.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:51 am 

Kruel wrote:
Who? Perdition? He is a mod.

Ah ok,my bad. His Veteran title threw me off as I usually look for a custom one for mods.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 am 

Kruel wrote:

Quote:

I would think it was a low point. His review is quite 'wrotten.' :lol:

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 am 

I imagine that this took a while to write, which is quite sad seeing the quality of the thing.

Candlemass666 wrote:
JUST LIKE A VENOM/BATHORY SPLIT! - 100%

This is a split promotion CD for (at the time) upcoming albums of Chemikiller and Black Torment. The Chemikiller songs were songs from the album which was going to be released on Witches Brew Records but never happened and later was released on Autopsy Kitchen Records. The Black Torment tracks are from the Obscurum II - The Return Of The King album which was coming out on Dark Minion Records later that year (2003) but didn't get released until early 2004, on Dark Minion and was re-issued in 2006 on Unsung Heroes Records. This split is now going on 6 years old, and is rare and hard to find. Limited to 100 copy's. Chemikiller distributed 50, Black Torment distributed the other 50. Which was a good idea since Chemikiller is from the East Coast and Black Torment is from the Midwest. So people in the Midwest who haven't heard of Chemikiller would be able to hear the band and people on the East Coast who haven't heard Black Torment in the past even though Black Torment is a rather older band, got to hear it on the east coast...

This can be compared exactly to what a Bathory/Venom split would of sounded like. (Chemikiller being Venom, Black Torment being Bathory) These Chemikiller songs have more of an old-school black/thrash with even old punk influences. The Black Torment songs have an old-school feeling of dark heavy sounding Black Metal. Being familiar with both bands when i saw it for free at the merchandise table at a Black Witchery concert in Chicago (where Black Torment is from) (i am from Boston) I grabbed two copy's right away one to give to a friend when i got back home. I got to the show early and i had a portable CD Player so i listened to it before the show started and loved every bit of it. The Chemikiller songs sound like they were recorded in 1982, EXCEPT the drum machine. If it had real drums, it would make it 10 times better. The Black Torment songs have real drums, and the recording sounds produced in the same vein of the first four Bathory albums. The drum's are real good for the sound of the music the snare drum is tuned low, for a heavy/old school sound, which fits the music and vocals perfectly. The vocals on the Chemikiller songs could use some reverb and delay or some kind of effect the only thing i did not like about it, the vocals were TOO clean, just imagine Venom with even cleaner sounding vocals and no effects on them what so ever. The vocals on the Black Torment tracks i would say i would not change a bit, they are perfect for the sound of the music, Angzerhornbroals sounds a lot like Quorthon. Another thing i liked about this is both bands have the Bass turned up loud. Which also gives it an old school feeling, you can hear the bass real good in the Chemikiller song "Witches Brew" and on the Black Torment song "Blackwinds Blow Through The Spirit Of Angzerhorn......" A lot of bands these days, you can never hear the bass that is one thing that ALWAYS pisses me off. Some times when i listen to lots of modern black metal bands, i wonder if they even USED a bass track because you can't hear it...There are only a few bands today that the bass stands out such as Barathrum, Black Torment, Chemikiller, Root, Sabbat (Jap), Wind Of The Black Mountains, Sodom, etc...I think that is a very important thing in the sound of Black Metal. When it comes down to it id have to say that if Venom & Bathory were to have done a split, this is the closest thing to it. That was the first thing that popped into my head after i listned to the whole CD. And speeking of quorthon, at the concert after the show was over i saw a flame out of the corner of my eye and i saw Angzerhornbroals blowing fire in the venue (Cafe Lura in Chicago) and the alcohol or whatever liquid that was used was blood red and that made it look even cooler but a few of the blows reminded me of Quorthon he did it just as good, i did not even know he was at the show until then and seeing not many bands Blow Fire anymore especially on stage or inside a venue it must have taken some guts to do that because this was right after Great White burnt down the club...as i was watching, his friend or whoever was with him poured WAY too much alcohol on the torch and it dripped down onto Angzerhornbroals' hand and his hand was on fire and they were stomping the torch out because he dropped it i remember him screaming, if something would of went wrong he could of killed him self that night but seeing that in person gave me lots of respect for Black Torment & Angzerhornbroals because not many people will go that far to get the feeling of old school Black Metal - even bands in the early/mid 90s...After that slowly i noticed bands stopped blowing fire, wearing warpaint if they did they wore it like dimmu borgir instead of sodom/destruction/sarcofago style. Which is yet another thing i like about Chemikiller and Black Torment in pictures i've seen they have the warpaint style of Sarcofago, Beherit, etc...Instead of the black on white which has become so trendy now. In the car since i had a LONG ride back to Boston i listened to the split probably 3 more times and im thinking "wow this is amazing for a free promo CD" The chemikiller tracks had me headbanging in the car and the Black Torment tracks had me pictureing evil thoughts in my mind which made the long ride home much quicker and eaiser. So when it comes down to it i have to say this is one of the best Split promo's/EP's i ever have heard, actually i think it is THE BEST split i ever heard like i said i think its the closest you could get to a Venom/Bathory split (which would of kicked ass) so if you see this on Ebay which i have recently, for pretty cheap id recomend picking it up, it is rare only 100 copy's so if you see it id defenitly grab it because you might not have another chance to. To this day, i listen to this split CD at LEAST once a month...I think they should do another split in the future on there new albums. Sort of like a "part 2" to this one...that would be amazing......
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Gutterscream
The Last Old Schooler in Town

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:45 pm 

For The Mist (Bra)'s Gottverlassen
--------

Strange but Nice - 70%
Written by MarcLee on September 27th, 2008

When i listened Gottverlassen at the first time, i was waiting for something like the previus records.
But no, Gottverlassen is a strange album, very curious, and stupid people can not understand the real messenge of the record.

Is a raw album, direct and agressive, different os the previous albuns. We can hear a fantastic guitar performance, a very fat drummer, creative compositions and lyrics. But the vocals..... are nothing compared to Vladimir Korg (the previous singer). We see a imature voice, and a weak bass, without heavyness in the disc.

For me, Gottverlassen is not TERRIBLE... is only another side of The Mist. For me, Gottverlassen is another band, is not The Mist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

For The Mist (Bra)'s The Hangman Tree
---------

FANTASTIC ! - 100%
Written by MarcLee on September 27th, 2008

What can be said about this fantastic album?
PERFECT.
With the departure of former guitars (Beto, and Cavalão), and the recruting of Jairo Guedz (ex-Sepultura), The Mist second released canbe considered the best thing released in the history of Brazilian metal!
All sounds perfect, agressive and chaotic music with the melancolic and desperate lyrics whitten by the singer KORG, ex-Chakal, who created
a conceitual album about the last hours of a condenated. A poet of sharpened verses and morbid images. Loneliness, nightmares and pain drilled by sharp-pointed guitars.
The musicians were in perfect integration, i realy can't see any bad thing about The Hangman Tree, the best thing that i ever heard in my life.
"No, Lair...but that's a pretty damn good name too!".

Last edited by Gutterscream on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:46 pm 

A very fat drummer? I hope he was trying to describe the music with that!

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm 

Heh, another stranger from the "Engrish Boulevard".

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 76  Next