Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
JackLane
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 am 

I have added band to the band queue trying to get them on the site. Bands are constantly being added and the band I added is now in the top few, but bands are still constantly being added and the top few are don't seem to be getting any attention. Each dday a who;e new buch of bands are added to this site but the ones on top of the band queue have been there for ages and havn't been accepted or rejected, only ignored. Please tell me why this is happening or do something about this problem. \m/

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 am 

Hey mate,

Bands are assessed individually and some take longer than others. I think you'll find most of the bands that're sitting at the top of the queue are of borderline genres (hard rock, deathcore, metalcore, etc), or the proof of a valid release is dubious / unclear. In the former case, mods might take time to assess those bands thoroughly because (and I'm just gonna throw this out there objectively), it involves us sitting down and listening through crap we hate. :p In the latter case, there's usually some discussion going on between mods, or research being done, or replies being expected from band members.

Bottom line is: just be patient. If there's anything you can do to improve the issue, though, I'd half-jokingly suggest not submitting deathcore bands. :p

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:16 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
If there's anything you can do to improve the issue, though, I'd half-jokingly very strongly suggest not submitting deathcore bands.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Reply to topic