Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sir_Christ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm 

Hail, I don't know if anybody suggested it yet... but I think it would be great to add a "music video" section in discography of each band. Know that metal bands don't make videos often, but there's a hundreds of metal vids on youtube and other portals. So it would be nice if anybody could see the list of videos made by his favourite band.

What do U think bout it?

HeavyMetalMobster
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:24 pm 

i like the idea. there's a lot of cool videos out there

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

It would probably be difficult to distinguish between live vids and actual music videos. I bet people will just keep adding bootleg videos on youtube to bands, and in turn would be a real headache to moderate.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 pm 

I actually like the purely encyclopedian style of the Metal Archives with no booklet releases, no direct links to buy an album or merchandise stuff, no links to music videos and so on. I think other sites often include too many extras and take an eternity to load or are rather hard to scroll through. You can though include an official youtube channel of a band or its lable in the "links" section.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm 

I think this is actually a decent idea, only problem with it is as AcidWorm said, it would be a pain for the moderators.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

TheGreatDuck
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 am 

List the videos, just don't link them.

Zaveugan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:17 pm 

Maybe next to the tab "Discography" should create a tab "Videography" in which to make a list of videos in chronological order (official only, not live/TV-show/fan/unofficial/etc.). Hyperlink may be made from the video title to the release from which the song is taken. Direct video links are not needed, who wants to see - let him looking for on YouTube or elsewhere. Although, if the list will contain only official videos, it may not be too long, and then maybe give a link to view, but only if it is possible, and if the video is added from an official source (band, label, producer), not someone's TV/VHS/DVD-rip.

aze555666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:29 am 

Hi,

Reusing this old topic, for this even older suggestion. Made it through contact email lots of years ago back when there was a contact link, and probably no forum). At the time, admin told me it was a good idea, has no time to implement right now but would think about it. Many years have passed, I can't find that email anymore.

I still think it would be very nice for this encyclopedia to list the official music videos of bands. It doesn't have to include bootlegs/live clips, or "unmoderatable" links. Only list the songs that had an official music video. Or as someone else suggested, make that a "videography" section including both music videos list and official dvd/br releases.

It's not as necessary as it used to be, because now Wikipedia includes that section so it's easy to get the info .... but what would be the purpose of Encyclopaedia Metallum if we mostly rely on Wikipedia instead to get information about Metal bands ?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.