Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Darren_SDMF
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm 

I am the guitarist, vocalist and one of the founding members of Goreshack: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gor ... 3540307937

Someone took a crappy quality screen cap from a video of me recording 2 1/2 years ago of me and submitted it for the band photo. I've been trying to get this taken down unsuccessfully for a few reasons. Goreshack is not a solo effort and therefore the "band" photo should represent the entire band. I feel that a picture of one member on the band page conveys the wrong idea about the band. Additionally we perform live in costume much like Ghoul, Ghost and Portal and would prefer the band image reflect this.

I made a report and was told that the image would be taken down when a new photo was supplied, implying that band photos are required. However, another band I was in, Azathoth, has had band photos removed from their page and this warning attached to their profile for years now:

"Reminder: Do not add any group photos to this page, as per the band's request." at http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Azathoth/88241

So can this image of me please be taken down until a time when official, professionally done band photos are released(or live photos) or a warning be added to our page to not add band photos and this one be taken down "per the bands request"?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 pm 

Sure, I'll delete the picture of Goreshack and I'll add the warning. But if Azathoth has band pictures, there's no way this warning gonna stay there.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Darren_SDMF
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 pm 

Thank you very much!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:13 am 

To clarify: They are not, of course, but the answer you got in the report is a sort of semi-standard response to people asking for pictures to be taken down. For obvious reasons we can't just delete existing pictures and depend on the user's whim to add a new one. However, if the existing photo is in any way invalid or a bad representation of the band (and not just outdated, for example) that's another matter entirely. Like in your case.

Reply to topic