Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thornspawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:44 pm 

Sorry if this is not the right place but I figured it must be the most appropriate one to ask this question.

Can you add a band if their first release was non-metal, but had physical copies distributed, while their second release is metal but available for download only?

Thanks in advance.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 pm 

No. A band is only acceptable if it has at least one predominantly metal album that has been physically released. Sorry.

thornspawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 pm 

Ah well, no problem! Thanks for the reply!

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:45 am 

Derigin wrote:
A band is only acceptable if it has at least one predominantly metal album that has been physically released.

I was meant to ask this a little while ago, but if a band needs one predominantly metal album does that mean Lady Gaga could get her whole discography on the Metal Archives if she released just one metal album (which I doubt will happen) and then continued to do her typical pop music for the rest of her career?

Lunatic_Asylum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 am 

I removed this post not to violate any rules on Metal-Archives as suggested by Azmodes.

Last edited by Lunatic_Asylum on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 am 

Lunatic_Asylum wrote:
Yes, it is possible.

I didn't know we had a new mod.

HouseSpiders wrote:
Derigin wrote:
A band is only acceptable if it has at least one predominantly metal album that has been physically released.

I was meant to ask this a little while ago, but if a band needs one predominantly metal album does that mean Lady Gaga could get her whole discography on the Metal Archives if she released just one metal album (which I doubt will happen) and then continued to do her typical pop music for the rest of her career?

In theory, of course. Let me stress, though, that this would have to be unambiguous, seriously heavy fucking metal. ;)

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am 

Azmodes wrote:
...unambiguous, seriously heavy fucking metal. ;)

I remember reading an interview with Lady Gaga (took the wife to the hairdresser, I was bored, and there were plenty of magazines) in which she stated that her favourite band ever was Iron Maiden, and her main influences as a singer were Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford, so we should be worried at least a tiny bit...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm 

If it happens, so what? Not like we'd get an influx of Gaga fans. They'd all continue using the sources of Gaga info and Gaga related socialization they already use now. She'd just be another entry in the encyclopedia, not like her pernicious influence would bleed onto other pages.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm 

And I'm guessing there would be something to this effect in the description notes for the album, no?

edit: *description notes for the artist.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 am 

@Dave: You'll get no argument there from me.

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
And I'm guessing there would be something to this effect in the description notes for the album, no?

edit: *description notes for the artist.

Yes.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:40 am 

Gaga on the archives, what a terrifying thought. I think I'm going to have nightmares just because of its mentioning. :c

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 am 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
Gaga on the archives, what a terrifying thought. I think I'm going to have nightmares just because of its mentioning. :c

You can sleep well, it's extremely unlikely.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
TadakatsuH0nda wrote:

You can sleep well, it's extremely unlikely.

Thanks for clarifying.

thornspawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 pm 

I'll ask it here since I already made the thread and it is about the same band:

The band made the release as CD-R as well as download, and will produce a tape, so I figured I will add it, but it has been blacklisted, which I understand since I tried to add it some months ago (when it hadn't released anything metal) because its members are in bands featured on the archives. So if I add it now, will someone be able to approve it or does the ''Your submission will not go through'' means that I won't be able to save the entry?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:10 pm 

thornspawn wrote:
I'll ask it here since I already made the thread and it is about the same band:

The band made the release as CD-R as well as download, and will produce a tape, so I figured I will add it, but it has been blacklisted, which I understand since I tried to add it some months ago (when it hadn't released anything metal) because its members are in bands featured on the archives. So if I add it now, will someone be able to approve it or does the ''Your submission will not go through'' means that I won't be able to save the entry?

It means you won't be able to submit it. Provide proof for the CD-R/tape and I'll take it off the blacklist, provided it checks out and the release is metal. But please use this thread for posting the evidence: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&start=5880

thornspawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:17 pm 

Ok no problem, I'll do this, though I can't prove for the tape since it is not out yet, but the CD-R has been for a while (and sold out, but will apparently be re-printed, but I digress).

Thanks.

Reply to topic