Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dembo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm 

Since I find the FAQ/Rules to be a bit messy when looking for specific matters, I'd thought I ask a couple of questions here.

Are line-ups that are both written in the proper line-up section of a release and in the additional notes to be removed from the additional notes? My thought is that it's not additional if it's already in it's proper section. Having it in both makes it unnecessarily messy and would be like having the track list and length in there as well.

Also: should english track title translations be in the track list seperated with a slash or in parenthesis, or should they be in the additional notes? I've noticed both ways are being used by different members but MA usually have one way which is the correct one.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:59 pm 

Remove the additional notes on members when they are in their proper section.

Caliginosity
Philosopher of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:06 pm 

English title translations should be put in the additional notes. There are releases that have both "foreign" titles and english titles, which both can be listed on the tracklist. A good example is Drudkh's discography. Alot of their album titles are in Ukranian, but have the english title below it. Same as their tracklist, titles are in Ukranian but also in english below each title.

Reply to topic