Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:26 pm 

Hi, if this has been suggested (or indeed, dismissed) before then excuse me - I searched for 'split artwork' and got nothing relevant.

There are many albums around MA with more than one piece of artwork attached - generally for a re-release or something similar. The point is this; I use, and I'm sure many others do too, the artwork here for pasting into iTunes or a similar program. However, this looks very messy with 2 abreast or something like that. Therefore, I feel it would aid the userbase to be able to split two separate artworks into two separate files on the database, and display both separately on the page.

An example of an album like this is http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pe ... lie/158118.

Cheers.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm 

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
...I use, and I'm sure many others do too, the artwork here for pasting into iTunes or a similar program...

Using google images instead alleviates your problem entirely.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:37 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
...I use, and I'm sure many others do too, the artwork here for pasting into iTunes or a similar program...

Using google images instead alleviates your problem entirely.

For more obscure releases, Google Images often has little but the MA picture. It's the same for releases with horribly mundane titles that pick up hundreds of images of other things that you have to sift through to find what it is you want.

In addition, I simply prefer the MA interface. Google Images runs slowly on my PC for some reason and the layout of multiple pages at once is quite annoying.

Iggnsthe
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:53 pm 

You know, you could just edit the image in a program like Photoshop (or even Paint...) and just crop the image to the one that you want to use. I think that makes a lot more sense than trying to go through the entire database and have this done for every release with multiple covers present, when it may only need to be done for the releases with album covers that you'd wish to use.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 pm 

Maybe it's a little bit too much work for now, but I feel that it would be helpful at least to have the capability added (to add multiple artworks).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:23 pm 

It'd be a nice feature and it's planned for the future, but it's not high priority, I'm afraid. So I don't know when you'll have that.
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:34 pm 

Okay, thanks for the quick response. Never mind. :)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:55 am 

I understand what the OP's saying. I always come to MA for copying+pasting artwork into iTunes, and woe betide me when it comes to adding artwork for splits.

But yeah, there's more important features to implement for the site I'm afraid... :-) Just sit tight and keep Photoshop handy. ;)

they payl termolo! not real riff!

The_Dark_Templar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am 

I find that almost every album cover used for the albums here on MA are very low resolution, so I definitely don't use any of them on here anyway. Google almost always finds ones far better than the ones on here, and I only even use Google if allcdcovers.com doesn't have the album.

Reply to topic