Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:54 pm 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
Lauri wrote:
Artist index seems down again :ugh:

Fixed.

Down again. Well, this way we could discourage users from adding random line-ups since it takes so long to do so. :-P
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Zorg85
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 674
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:03 am 
 

Down again indeed :grumble:

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 am 
 

It's fine now actually. :)
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Haat888
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:35 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:05 pm 
 

Did not last long, down again :durr:

Top
 Profile  
HouseSpiders
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 388
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 pm 
 

oogboog wrote:
Down again. Well, this way we could discourage users from adding random line-ups since it takes so long to do so. :-P

:idea: Actually, that's given me a great idea. Disable artist index for low ranked users :-D
_________________
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."


Last edited by HouseSpiders on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:43 pm 
 

No. We shouldn't disable it because then these new users won't be able to add artists to any bands they might submit. I was suggesting that we keep it slow so that the users would be discouraged from adding the line-ups, not barred from altogether.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
HouseSpiders
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 388
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:45 pm 
 

I meant artist index, not completely disabling adding lineups. The idea of disabling lineups I am extremely against, I really do not want to see low ranked users' access go down any more.

Anyway, about disabling artist index, it was a joke!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."


Last edited by HouseSpiders on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8444
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 pm 
 

It's been proven in the past that oogboog is a bit slow sometimes.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:30 pm 
 

Haat888 wrote:
Did not last long, down again :durr:

Fixed.

Top
 Profile  
Snow Listener
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 am
Posts: 111
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm 
 

Apparently the database update is too slow. For example, several days ago, I modified this album. Now if you search *Země* (track 4), you cannot find this album. However, if you search *Zemì*, the mojibaked title, you can find it even if it has already been corrected. This is not the problem of my browser or the temporary internet cache files. I cleared all of them and it doesn't help.

Top
 Profile  
Zorg85
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 674
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm 
 

artist index is down again ..... o_O

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:10 pm 
 

Don't know about anyone else, but should we actually make registering any harder? That troll in the FFA thread refuses to let go, and, like Malignant said, people are poorly responding to them. Sooner or later, we'd be flooded with people bashing us for not including shit band X.

Zorg85 wrote:
artist index is down again ..... o_O


Yeah, unfortunately, what are you guys doing there to fix it anyway?
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:13 pm 
 

oogboog wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, but should we actually make registering any harder? That troll in the FFA thread refuses to let go, and, like Malignant said, people are poorly responding to them. Sooner or later, we'd be flooded with people bashing us for not including shit band X.

It'll subside as that SYWH article fades in relevancy. There's no reason to start making it harder for potentially valuable posters to join up simply because there's a small, temporary increase in the number of trolls (who can be banned with a couple clicks of a mouse, anyways).
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Zorg85
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 674
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm 
 

Zorg85 wrote:
artist index is down again ..... o_O


Not only the artist index is down but also the updates don't appear. I've done several updates on Ilia's page and nothing appears in the update history

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8444
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:19 pm 
 

It will not be worse that it is right now. We have at least 3 or 4 butthurt threads/week in the S&C. Nothing we/I can't deal with.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm 
 

MalignantThrone wrote:
oogboog wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, but should we actually make registering any harder? That troll in the FFA thread refuses to let go, and, like Malignant said, people are poorly responding to them. Sooner or later, we'd be flooded with people bashing us for not including shit band X.

It'll subside as that SYWH article fades in relevancy. There's no reason to start making it harder for potentially valuable posters to join up simply because there's a small, temporary increase in the number of trolls (who can be banned with a couple clicks of a mouse, anyways).


Metantoine wrote:
It will not be worse that it is right now. We have at least 3 or 4 butthurt threads/week in the S&C. Nothing we/I can't deal with.


Hm, I suppose, but I would like to see it end sooner or later. We might soon face trolls outside of the internet soon, because I am concerned about how it might progress in humanity.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8444
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm 
 

:scratch: Prepare yourself, I guess. Hide! The trolls are coming to get ya!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:27 pm 
 

Nah, I'd hit them head on.

Zorg85 wrote:
Zorg85 wrote:
artist index is down again ..... o_O


Not only the artist index is down but also the updates don't appear. I've done several updates on Ilia's page and nothing appears in the update history

The trolls may not be this smart to actually sabotage the site, right?
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9360
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:30 pm 
 

Artist index restarted.

oogboog wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately, what are you guys doing there to fix it anyway?

:durr: If it were easy to fix we would have done so already. We tried several solutions already but it always comes back. It's not an obvious fix.

Zorg85 wrote:
Not only the artist index is down but also the updates don't appear. I've done several updates on Ilia's page and nothing appears in the update history
Sorry, that was my bad. I changed something in the history database but it sorta ahem, locked the entire table... :oh shit: So a few history rows might have been lost for a few minutes. Not a big issue, it should work again now.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:33 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
oogboog wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately, what are you guys doing there to fix it anyway?

:durr: If it were easy to fix we would have done so already. We tried several solutions already but it always comes back. It's not an obvious fix.

Sorry if I sounded a bit annoyed. It kinda caught me by surprise since I was adding a line-up to a demo around the time that was down.

Morrigan wrote:
Zorg85 wrote:
Not only the artist index is down but also the updates don't appear. I've done several updates on Ilia's page and nothing appears in the update history
Sorry, that was my bad. I changed something in the history database but it sorta ahem, locked the entire table... :oh shit: So a few history rows might have been lost for a few minutes. Not a big issue, it should work again now.

Well, looks like we can breath a little easier Tony, the trolls were not the ones that did this.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Zorg85
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 674
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm 
 

oogboog wrote:
Well, looks like we can breath a little easier Tony, the trolls were not the ones that did this.


o_O Man, stop taking drugs .... :|

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8444
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 pm 
 

Damn trolls, next year it's gonna be an orc invasion!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Zorg85
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 674
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 am 
 

Down again :'(

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
 

Fixed.

Top
 Profile  
Haat888
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:35 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 am 
 

Guess what?? Artist index is ....

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3553
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 am 
 

Image
Image
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9360
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm 
 

Restarted.

It was so quiet for a while that we thought it had been fixed, but it's happening again lately... sigh. I wonder if the more the index grows, the more unstable it becomes? :confused:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3553
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:51 am 
 

Artist index is down. :(
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:24 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Artist index is down. :(

It's working now.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm 
 

If compilation lineups are disabled, how does this guy have a lineup role in a compilation?
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/C ... sen/137935

Is this a remnant from before compilation lineups were disabled?
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:02 pm 
 

Yeah, you were also the person that changed it
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm 
 

Yeah, I'm aware. :roll: Anyways, I just deleted his role manually. *shrug* Not sure if it's really something that needs to be corrected when it can just be deleted like that.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 pm 
 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Yeah, I'm aware. :roll: Anyways, I just deleted his role manually. *shrug* Not sure if it's really something that needs to be corrected when it can just be deleted like that.

Yeah, maybe it can be put on the to-do list that some of the mods have been mentioning, but stuff like this doesn't happen often, so I don't know how effective it might be.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:23 am 
 

How do we credit musicians that have had their songs covered, like track 6 of this album?

Here's an image of the booklet
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5569
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:28 am 
 

Not at all. In the album lineup, that is. The "(XYZ cover)" next to the title is enough. Things like "All music by Priest Smashör, except track 6 originally by Bring Me the Horizon." in the notes are okay too, but DON'T add the original composer to the album lineup.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5569
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 am 
 

FYI, the number of allowed artists for splits has now been increased to 6.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 am 
 

So bands on 6-way splits can be submitted now?
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5569
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 am 
 

Yes, as a matter of fact Alhadis already did so earlier today. Have at it.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 864
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:41 pm 
 

Are we going to compile a list of 6-way splits to be cleared? I know we have quite a lot of lists already, but I think it might help later.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Snow Listener
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 am
Posts: 111
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 am 
 

You guys also need to modify the wording in the rules for the 6-way splits.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vetehinen and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group