Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 am 

The band George kollias appears on my submitted bands but i dont submitted, i had it on my drafts but when another user submit i erase it from my drafts.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am 

Another submission was accepted before the release date, by mistake, and subsequently deleted. Your draft has now been restored, because -as Porman told me- it has the most complete and accurate info.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 am 

Ah, ok.

Trepas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:47 pm 

I'm not sure if it is the good tread for that, but anyway... On the Kataklysm page, their is a automatic message saying "Reminder: Do not add any of the Nuclear Blast 2 in 1 re-releases." I was wondering if it was an artefact of the older version of the encyclopedia as such releases are commonly added on other bands page as re-release.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:12 pm 

Trepas wrote:
I'm not sure if it is the good tread for that, but anyway... On the Kataklysm page, their is a automatic message saying "Reminder: Do not add any of the Nuclear Blast 2 in 1 re-releases." I was wondering if it was an artefact of the older version of the encyclopedia as such releases are commonly added on other bands page as re-release.

Those can be safely added using the Other Versions feature, (or at least, many users are doing so); I'm going to remove that mod warning. Expect some clarification on this point within the updated site guidelines, however.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Trepas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:32 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Trepas wrote:

Those can be safely added using the Other Versions feature, (or at least, many users are doing so); I'm going to remove that mod warning. Expect some clarification on this point within the updated site guidelines, however.

Ok, thanks!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:00 am 

Question; today I've noticed all the dates for releases being displayed in an odd fashion and I'm wondering if it's just on my end or what. They appear like this 20 19 etc. So im wondering why?
---------------13 92

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Last edited by Erosion of Humanity on Sat May 30, 2015 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:02 am 

Looks good on my end. Can you post a screenshot?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:07 am 

Edit: ok I took a better shot.

Azmodes wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:37 am 

I guess that's on your end. But I'll let HB know.

What are you using? Looks like a smartphone? That probably has something to do with it.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 pm 

Yeah that picture was from my phone. It's weird because the pc was displaying properly but the phone was not. I've never had the issue before and it's not like it was just one or two pages. I must've hit the random band 20 times and it was still doing it. I dunno, hopefully it's just a glitch.

Azmodes wrote:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:05 pm 

Well yeah, it's no secret that MA doesn't look great on mobile... Anyway, I modified the column width until it looked alright on my iPod, so it should probably be OK for you too now.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:42 pm 

Yeah it loos gravy now. The only reason I had brought it up earlier is because that's never happened before today. I browse the site daily from my mobile and I've never had any problems with display. Anyways like I said it looks fine now.

Azmodes wrote:

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:56 pm 

[13:53] MorbidEngel So I see you have a collaboration setting for albums now
[13:54] MorbidEngel but it shows up like this for me:
[13:54] MorbidEngel "Collaboratio
[13:54] MorbidEngel n"
[13:54] MorbidEngel It might be that I'm using 1600x900?
I'm still happy to see a collaboration category though, definitely something the site needed.

EDIT: Hellblazer got it, thanks bro!

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:35 pm 

I'm trying to add line-up to the line-up tab from the additional notes of this album:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ya ... _Be/102436

But the "role(s)" field seems to be limited and mentioning all those instruments on specific songs are impossible by now. Too long.
Is it possible for webmasters to expand this field?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 pm 

You should add lineup roles the correct way (which nobody does) and make a separate box for each instrument/role. Should fit then.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm 

Thanks, Diamhea! It works. Just didn't realize that this way to add line-up is the correct way, thought both ways are correct.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:52 pm 

No problem. Well, it isn't so much that both ways are "correct" - but both ways definitely "work". There is no way to enforce this anyway, so do it however you see fit, but yeah, there is a character limit to how much can fit in a single lineup field.

Last.fm

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:47 am 

"DataTables warning (table id = 'searchResultsBand'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error."
Trying to use advanced search to see how many disputed bands there are came up with that. It worked the second time though.

Egregius2000
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:49 am 

Alright, not sure but I think this is the right topic. I've come back from a long LONG hiatus (original username: Egregius), as I wanted to add a release to a band, but then I found out my old login didn't work any more. I suspect passwords had to be upgraded with the new version so they got reset?
Either way, the stored login in my browser didn't work.

When I tried manually resetting my password, I discovered it was registered to an old OLD email adres that doesn't exist any more.

Is there a way to have that account's email adres changed by mailing someone/PMing someone with details, so I can use my old account instead of this one?

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:22 pm 

Egregius2000 wrote:
Is there a way to have that account's email adres changed by mailing someone/PMing someone with details, so I can use my old account instead of this one?

Yes, e-mail me.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 am 

During the past few days I tried posting via my smartphone and I get an SQL error, which is odd because I was able to post and then all of a sudden I'd get this error. I'm using Windows Phone 8.1 by the way. Has anyone had this problem before?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am 

Something like that happened to me the other day (I'm using Galaxy S5) and every time I tried to post it had a shit fit and closed out my browser. All I had to do was close the internet and restart my phone and it worked just fine again.

I dunno what an SQL error is so I may be way off here.

Azmodes wrote:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20 am 

It's a server/database error. ;)

I tried that, didn't do much difference. Could it be that my phone's OS doesn't like that I tapped "automatically log in on each visit"?

Taravilyaion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:46 am 

I Am the Law wrote:
I don't know if it's not possible or what, but is there any way that we can sort results by each column (i.e. band, album, genre, date) when we do an advanced search?

I'd love that..
When I'm (for example) looking for "Death 'n' Roll" bands I don't want to have to search through 500 pages on the http://www.metal-archives.com/lists/death page to find only like a handful bands.
There should be an easier and less time consuming way.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 am 

Unless I'm missing something really obvious, there is an easier way.

Just search by genre in the search box in the upper right of the main page.

http://www.metal-archives.com/search?se ... band_genre

Last.fm

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 pm 

When doing menial edits of upcoming albums (like adding track lengths), I get a warning message stating that upcoming albums need artwork (even though artwork is already there). I've just been saving the artwork and re-uploading for now, but it seems a bit strange to have to resubmit the art that's already there.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 pm 

I've been coming across the same today

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:37 pm 

There is no way to search for albums based on release date more specific than month and year?

What if I wanted to see all the albums that were released throughout the years on July 1st? Is this possible?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:18 am 

Just an extremely minor thought and I admit I haven't looked through the thread if it's been asked, so sorry if my slackness is repetitive. Any chance of having an option for label releases not showing all versions of each release? Like if I went to the DDR page, wanted to look at their releases tab, and then not see every album listed two to three times? Obviously it's not a big deal, but it would be nice for me at least to be able to see a label's releases count and not have it thrown out of whack by duplications.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:22 am 

Romanization

Since not everyone knows chinese, russian, japanese, arabic, ... languages.
It's posible to create another field, as similar as "alias" of the artists, to put the name band, album or artist romanize, when posible?

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 pm 

If there are guest/session members on a split album, it doesn't show "This artist belongs to which band from the split?". But it does in edit mode.
Like this: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ka ... abs_lineup
http://www.metal-archives.com/lineup/ed ... eId/537417

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:06 pm 

So, while using the advanced search to filter out all French black metal full-lengths released on CD after 2010 (trying to remember an album I forgot), I came across some entry that doesn't have an album attached to it for some reason:

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:02 am 

There is no such release:
http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... her#albums

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:26 pm 

Minor issue but would it be possible to extend the text box for record labels on band pages? Everything is gravy when browsing via pc but when browsing via mobile the box isn't big enough when looking at unsigned bands.

Azmodes wrote:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:01 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Minor issue but would it be possible to extend the text box for record labels on band pages? Everything is gravy when browsing via pc but when browsing via mobile the box isn't big enough when looking at unsigned bands.

Spoiler: show

Smoking Gnu's band!!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:41 pm 

Yep, I was going to add their new album to my collection after he gave it to me yesterday. :wink:

Azmodes wrote:

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:40 am 

I've put off mentioning it before as it's minor and has probably been reported already, but... whenever I add album lineups, I tick the artist's name, who let's say is listed as guitarist in the band but also plays didgeridoo on two songs, so when he appears in the unsaved yet tab I add a field and put "didgeridoo" in it, then I click "save this tab", and 80% of the time the didgeridoo will not have been saved and I have to go back to (re)add it. in this example it's no biggie, but for some bands where the guest/sessions or misc staff all have 3-4 "fields" I sometimes feel like banging me daft head on me laptop like.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:07 am 

Yesterday I moved a child entry of Dalriada > Áldás to the parent entry. Now if you search Áldás by album, two entries will pop up, one leading to the now-parent entry, the other to the now-child (then-parent) entry. I believe such a search should only return the parent entry, is it not?

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:06 am 

It looks like some colors look strange in Windows 10:

And there's the same problem on the forum:

I'm using the latest version of Opera.
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 65  Next