Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:04 am 

Hey, guys, do Warlord's page tabs seem bolded to anyone here or is it just something weird from my end?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am 

That's an HTML tag gone wild, due to the additional notes getting cut off. I'll see if I can reformat it. EDIT: Done.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:56 am 

Can't add a new label, not only me I think - http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 2/show/all

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:53 am 

Taken care of... It glitched at the apostrophe for some reason.

~Guest 366798
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 pm 

I've found a bug with all the line-up of "Breed to Breathe" (Napalm Death/Impending Doom).

All Napalm Death members are listed as members of Impending Doom, but they only are listed in the line-up of the split of the side of Napalm Death,and it's shown as an active band for all the members of ND that played on the split (even when ID disbanded). None of the members appears in the line-up page for Impending Doom, the band is only featured in the artists pages.

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Mitch_Harris/1936
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/D ... rrera/1943
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/J ... ntado/2046
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Shane_Embury/28
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/M ... enway/1932

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:28 pm 

For the reports on "Re-releases, other versions" would it be possible to remove them from automatically being flagged for moderator attention? I know MutantClannfear asked this, but it doesn't look like he got an answer.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:06 pm 

Heroic
Added by aaauuuuu. Why not Defreasis?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:08 pm 

Better?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 pm 

Yeah :).

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 pm 

Not sure if this wasn't an issue before. Just wondering how to add members to a band on a split album that isn't on Metal-Archives?

I've tried to edit and it just gives me the option "Select band member" but not Add another artist in the Band Member section. It shows up find in the Guest/Session Members section.

Thanks.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:05 am 

You can't. That is deliberate because the option to do so resulted in super-detailed artist pages for people exclusively performing non-metal music in their non-metal bands. For instance, we've had the entirety of Green Day in the database simply because the band was featured on a promo-split with Metallica (or whatever it was). It was decided that this was too tenuous a link to justify having full-blown artist pages.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
You can't. That is deliberate because the option to do so resulted in super-detailed artist pages for people exclusively performing non-metal music in their non-metal bands. For instance, we've had the entirety of Green Day in the database simply because the band was featured on a promo-split with Metallica (or whatever it was). It was decided that this was too tenuous a link to justify having full-blown artist pages.

Alright, that perfectly acceptable about non-metal bands. What about bands like Rompeprop or Caninus. Just wondering, cause I did see Caninus members added to a Hatebeak split.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:43 am 

What about them? If they're not listed, and unless their members perform as part of a listed band, the same thing applies. I guess you might have seen some remnants from before the system was adjusted to no longer allow these entries. If you see them, delete them.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:59 am 

Azmodes wrote:
What about them? If they're not listed, and unless their members perform as part of a listed band, the same thing applies. I guess you might have seen some remnants from before the system was adjusted to no longer allow these entries. If you see them, delete them.

Okay, that's cool. Will do from now on.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:05 pm 

I was trying to search for Judas Priest and the site just sticks to the search results page with the "searching, please wait" never ending. So I decided to use advance search and I get this:
"DataTables warning (table id = 'searchResultsBand'): DataTables warning: JSON data from the server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error."
This doesn't seem to be exclusive to the band either.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm 

Manic Maniac wrote:
I was trying to search for Judas Priest and the site just sticks to the search results page with the "searching, please wait" never ending. So I decided to use advance search and I get this:
"DataTables warning (table id = 'searchResultsBand'): DataTables warning: JSON data from the server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error."
This doesn't seem to be exclusive to the band either.

" the site just sticks to the search results page with the "searching, please wait" never ending"

This just happened to me as well. While searching Fried Pope

maarten256
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:49 pm 

Confirm posts by herra_af_lik and Manic Maniac.

Search doesn't work for me either - tried Chrome and Firefox. At one point I got an error message pop up that said something about malformed JSON - but I can't reproduce that.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:58 pm 

I'm having problems with the search as well, and keep getting an error about "JSON formatting" when I try to use the advanced search.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:59 pm 

To search for bands, use the Google search like this "Funeral Throne metallum" for now. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:00 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
To search for bands, use the Google search like this "Funeral Throne metallum" for now. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

There's a site-internal Google search option in the dropdown menu already, so no need to specify. ;)

Anyway, HellBlazer has been notified.

Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:14 pm 

Search seems to be functioning again.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:58 pm 

Yes, it's been fixed.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:08 pm 

Found a bug. The Portuguese band Colosso released two versions of their first full-length: a full-band version called Abrasive Peace, and an instrumental version called Peaceful Abrasiveness. They're listed as two versions of the same album, each with their own separate listing. Both of these albums are listed as instrumental, and when I try to mark the songs on Abrasive Peace as not-instrumental, it doesn't work.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:17 pm 

Tried and failed. Fiddled a bit with the parent and child versions.
Suggestion (in case it can't be manually fixed): We could move the non-instrumental to parent and the instrumental to child. That'll solve it. The release date is almost the same March 6/March 7.

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:19 am 

a little suggestion here:

add the word "Synths" to the auto-complete list (on an artist role)
add the word "Instagram" to the auto-complete list (on a band's link)

Last edited by Midnight Rider on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:02 am 

Is it normal that the character "\" is removed automatically in any submitted report?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:44 pm 

Yes, ME. Very normal.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:42 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ka ... ker/545927

So, I think I broke the page. I don't think it allows for the massive amount of songs on this split, so it swirled around the tracklist, and somehow added a blank space for a band name.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 pm 

I tried removing the extra "band", but it did not seem to work. It also seemed to have switched around the tracklist for me as well. Weird.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:40 pm 

I've let HellBlazer know about it.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:32 pm 

The split is fixed, though the tracklisting needs to be corrected. Please feel free to edit it.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:45 pm 

I'll go through it. Thanks HB.

Edit: Album is now up to date.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 pm 

When adding an other version, the album title on the line above the cover is missing. E.G.:
Alcest > Kodama > Add version, not only Alcest > Add version.

FunkyBurlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:51 pm 

Is it a crazy idea to create a way to receive email news alerts in regards to specific bands? Like when albums get listed on the page or something? I go very long stretches without searching around to see if bands have put new stuff out. But for instance, I just found out Tengger Cavalry put out 4 albums this year. Had I realized, I would have been on that way faster then a, "oh, hey. I wander how this band is doing" kind of random thought. I also check some pages more frequently then others, like Atheist. Jupiter is one of my favourite albums and I was a big fan of them growing up as well, so they are at the forefront of my mind and when I do check band pages they are always on that list. But there hasn't been anything new in years, so there isn't much point.

Point I am trying to make is that I think it could add to the quality of life, in a way, to be able to receive either email or even just inbox alerts here for certain band page updates.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 pm 

FunkyBurlin wrote:
Is it a crazy idea to create a way to receive email news alerts in regards to specific bands? Like when albums get listed on the page or something? I go very long stretches without searching around to see if bands have put new stuff out. But for instance, I just found out Tengger Cavalry put out 4 albums this year. Had I realized, I would have been on that way faster then a, "oh, hey. I wander how this band is doing" kind of random thought. I also check some pages more frequently then others, like Atheist. Jupiter is one of my favourite albums and I was a big fan of them growing up as well, so they are at the forefront of my mind and when I do check band pages they are always on that list. But there hasn't been anything new in years, so there isn't much point.

Point I am trying to make is that I think it could add to the quality of life, in a way, to be able to receive either email or even just inbox alerts here for certain band page updates.

Well, you can bookmark bands and view when their last update was in your bookmark list, though of course that will count any update. A specific notification for new albums is planned, someday.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:14 pm 

The reports tab on Whorror's page always appears as if there were some reports still open, but when you click on it there is no reports listed. On top of that, when I bookmark the band and turn on the setting that flags bookmarked bands with open report, it says there are six open reports.
Spoiler: show

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 pm 

I don't know if it has been brought up before but being able to bookmark specific reviews like how we can bookmark bands and labels would be convenient. A lot of times I see new reviews on the homepage that I want to read but I don't have time and then I end up forgetting about them.

untappd: patrick_g

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:09 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Found a bug. The Portuguese band Colosso released two versions of their first full-length: a full-band version called Abrasive Peace, and an instrumental version called Peaceful Abrasiveness. They're listed as two versions of the same album, each with their own separate listing. Both of these albums are listed as instrumental, and when I try to mark the songs on Abrasive Peace as not-instrumental, it doesn't work.

Bump - this still appears to be an issue.

The Crazy Old School Music Fan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:24 pm 

I recommend getting HTTPS for the site as well as the forums. That way the connection between the user and the server is encrypted and it is less likely that someone can intercept the connection and grab the details of the users.

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

I'm only having this issue with the Grimmness page, but when I click on View update history I get an error that says "DataTables warning (table id = 'historyList'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JOSN formatting error."

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gri ... 3540409874

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 65  Next