Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:37 pm 

Kind of the opposite of 'point whores, vandals and wrongdoers,' these users have been "killing it" for months, and I'm thankful for what they've done for the site. Maybe other people feel like noting observance of a job well done and this will end up being an ongoing thread.

Miro Alhonniemi - Not only finds about 10 or more bands per day that are potentially/likely metal that are open for people to research and add if necessary info can be found, but posts tons of bands that others can submit, research complete and not minding if someone else takes credit - which is awesome because it promotes team efforts, which are effective and nice to witness around here.

Vildhrabael - Has been doing all of the recent lyric entering (from the thread where people post links for someone else to take it from there), and it encouraged me to take more pictures of lyrics in CD booklets and find others on Discogs that haven't been added in yet. Didn't count how many he's done recently, but it's dozens within the last couple of months. This is something that a lot of people don't like to spend time on, but it is awesome information to have on the site.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:37 pm 

I think that's a good idea to have a dedicated thread for users to recognize and encourage other users who are making a remarkable effort to contribute to the site.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:01 pm 

KingSpooky wrote:
Miro Alhonniemi - Not only finds about 10 or more bands per day that are potentially/likely metal that are open for people to research and add if necessary info can be found, but posts tons of bands that others can submit, research complete and not minding if someone else takes credit - which is awesome because it promotes team efforts, which are effective and nice to witness around here.

Hats off, Miro!

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:46 am 

GodOfMalice - another user that has been tearing things up in the research thread for months, and has done a ton of valuable work in finding obscure band's music in dusty nooks of the web, contacting members to see if a release was put out, then watching to be sure that the band is either submitted or removed from the research list at that point. Has also bought music that was needed in determining whether or not a band belongs on the site. Quite commendable that you'd spend both time and money to help out the site. Very impressed with this guy's consistent work and ability to sort through and acquire needed info. Great communicator, also.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:40 am 

BlackFlag - does awesome work in the research part of the forum.

BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm 

Thank you, sir! But my work pales next to yours, KingSpooky.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:16 pm 

Thanks. The good thing is, we're working together and have the same shared information pool to access at the end of the day.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:51 pm 

Goatfangs: Typed out lyrics for several releases that were pending in the 'lyrics' thread, and helped a number of times recently by submitting bands from the 'to be submitted' area (that list isn't as easy to keep up with these days).

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:54 pm 

Thank you KingSpooky...

I'm trying my best.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Reply to topic