Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am 

It used to be a fun and interesting place where some of the most hilariously bad rejected reviews were posted, but a few months ago everyone on the staff just stopped posting them. As a result it was eventually auto-locked.

Since I have a hard time believing that idiots just stopped trying altogether, is there any reason why you guys stopped posting the failures?

The thread: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=14619
Edit: fixed wrong link

Last edited by MaDTransilvanian on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:47 am 

Well, you're right in that occasional submissions of very poor quality are always going to be around. I reckon the thread's eventual fate was simply the result of there not being anything that seemed worth posting to the few mods that used it--not because there weren't still poor submissions, but because by this point in the forum's/thread's history, examples of practically all of the typical dross has been posted many times before. Other mods never used the thread much or at all to begin with, judging it to generally be untowardly mean-spirited in intent (and I suppose it was somewhat out of keeping with the sort of atmosphere we've got going now, now that I think about it). The result was a more or less natural thread death.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 am 

Here, for old times' sake:

For Waking the Cadaver's Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler:

Quote:
brutal piggy - 91%
Written by myfuckinnameschris on April 28th, 2010

everyones reviews ive glanced over keeps talking shit about this album but personally to me this shit gets me pumped and ready to fuck some shit up its got its on sound idk i think its a great album to own and if you dont like it dont fuckin listen you bitch at least this is real metal instead of the majority of this type of music being run by these fagot ass scene kids that deserve to have their lungs torn out by a pair of my dads pliers i love this album brutal shit cadaver
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Derigin
Anthropophagus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 am 

To add onto Gaunt's reply, I found that there hadn't been much, if any, reviews lately that seemed right for that thread. That thread's whole purpose was focused on a very thin sliver of reviews that are submitted. What was highlighted in that thread was a rare example among reviews... not the norm of rejected reviews.

Reply to topic