Album title
Song title
Artist
Label
Music genre
Lyrical themes
User profile
Google

It should be obvious to everyone that bands are the most important category, but I think it's also obvious that the output of bands should come next. Both because of importance, as a music archive should focus on the music, and because the hierarchy band -> album -> song makes sense.

It also seems intuitive that artists and labels should follow, as they are related to bands in a somewhat similar way that their output is - at least moreso than genre and lyrical themes. Artists should be above labels because if you like a particular band or album, you're probably more interested in other output of the people that created the music rather than the businesses that financed them.

Also, I suspect that most people agree with me that genres and lyrical themes are rarely useful search categories, so they should be lower. In particular I don't think I've ever searched for lyrical themes, and also instrumentation is generally more important than lyrics in metal.

Google is not a category of information found on the site, but rather a means of searching for all the other information, so it shouldn't be mixed up with the rest and should therefore be at the bottom. User profiles are not directly related to the main purpose of the site which is to collect information on metal music, so it should be second lowest.

Reply to topic