Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 am 

Why was Crashdiet accepted into the archives? I must have missed that metal album of theirs.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 pm 

Since Euphoreon is no offering digital copies of their new album, can I re-add them (it needs to be removed from the blacklist)?

Digipak
Digipak with full art and booklet. Also includes immediate download of album in format of your choice.

http://euphoreon.bandcamp.com/

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 am 

Dexter_prog wrote:
Since Euphoreon is no offering digital copies of their new album, can I re-add them (it needs to be removed from the blacklist)?

Digipak
Digipak with full art and booklet. Also includes immediate download of album in format of your choice.

http://euphoreon.bandcamp.com/

Resubmit.

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 pm 

Hmm, well I submitted it but it got rejected for the following reason:

"The band you have submitted was already submitted by another user (possibly shortly before you and thus was not yet approved), and therefore your submission has been deleted to avoid a duplicate entry. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please don't let that stop you from contributing again. In the future, make sure you check the band queue before making a submission. Thank you for your comprehension."

but if you check the dates, I submitted it first, not that I care about the points (my rank is "metal freak") but I thought I'd point it out since I took the time to check if the band actually had a physical release:

Mine: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eup ... 3540327542 (Added on: 2011-04-30 20:33:06)
The approved one: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eup ... 3540327551 (Added on: 2011-05-01 05:05:02)

Perhaps I'm wrong and the date displayed is not the date when the band was submitted but the date when the draft was created

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 am 

Dexter_prog wrote:

"The band you have submitted was already submitted by another user (possibly shortly before you and thus was not yet approved), and therefore your submission has been deleted to avoid a duplicate entry. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please don't let that stop you from contributing again. In the future, make sure you check the band queue before making a submission. Thank you for your comprehension."

but if you check the dates, I submitted it first, not that I care about the points (my rank is "metal freak") but I thought I'd point it out since I took the time to check if the band actually had a physical release:

Mine: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eup ... 3540327542 (Added on: 2011-04-30 20:33:06)
The approved one: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eup ... 3540327551 (Added on: 2011-05-01 05:05:02)

Perhaps I'm wrong and the date displayed is not the date when the band was submitted but the date when the draft was created

Looks like someone took your kill. Don't know who accepted/rejected, but whoever it was, it was either a mistake or he/she had reasons for doing so (like a more complete entry or something, but again, I don't know).

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am 

helvede wrote:
You're right, this really looks suspicious. The add. notes for the first demo say it was put on cd-r and given out for free at shows, but it also say, that the artwork is fake. I'm inclined to delete this band. Speak up, if anyone know more.

It could also have been added by a user who was point-whoring... Somebody saw album artwork that wasn't added, and decided to add some crappy artwork themselves for that extra point. *shrug*

----
Edit: Okay, wait, nevermind. I think it might've been added by the user themselves...

Album Art - Warning from Hell
Date Modified: Friday, 9 October 2009 8:30:52 PM

Warning from Hell
Added by: delcev903
Added on: 2009-10-09 06:28:36

Timestamps are too close for the artwork to have been added by a casual point-whore, I think...

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:47 pm 

helvede wrote:
Dexter_prog wrote:

Looks like someone took your kill. Don't know who accepted/rejected, but whoever it was, it was either a mistake or he/she had reasons for doing so (like a more complete entry or something, but again, I don't know).

I have accepted that.
Also I've checked who was first in queue and add first one.
Later I read your post about blacklist...
Sorry for that.
magnus_alejo ...

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm 

PiotrB wrote:

I have accepted that.
Also I've checked who was first in queue and add first one.
Later I read your post about blacklist...
Sorry for that.
magnus_alejo ...

Haha, no problem, dude!.

Last edited by Dexter on Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:34 pm 

Can I re-add Thulsa Doom? It was a side project from members of Black Debbath and The Cumshots and released their albums by the same label Black Debbath released all their albums and The Cumshots their 2001 one (Duplex Records, which is owned by some members of these bands). Here's more info on the members:
- Ole Petter Andreassen: from Black Debbath and The Cumshots
- Egil Hegerberg: from Black Debbath

And here's the reason why it got deleted the first time, though I don't understand what an independent label has to do with the validity of a side project for this site (as that is not stated in the rules):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721&p=1692000&hilit=+thulsa+doom+#p1692000

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 pm 

Dexter_prog wrote:
Can I re-add Thulsa Doom? It was a side project from members of Black Debbath and The Cumshots and released their albums by the same label Black Debbath released all their albums and The Cumshots their 2001 one (Duplex Records, which is owned by some members of these bands). Here's more info on the members:

And here's the reason why it got deleted the first time, though I don't understand what an independent label has to do with the validity of a side project for this site (as that is not stated in the rules):

Have you actually read what do the rules say about non-metal side-projects?
rules wrote:
Note that side-projects will only be eligible if they have at least one release on a label with worldwide distribution

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:33 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
Dexter_prog wrote:

Have you actually read what do the rules say about non-metal side-projects?
rules wrote:
Note that side-projects will only be eligible if they have at least one release on a label with worldwide distribution

but it is available worldwide, it's even in Amazon and other sites. Unless I am mistaking the concept of "worldwide distribution"

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm 

Dexter_prog wrote:
but it is available worldwide, it's even in Amazon and other sites. Unless I am mistaking the concept of "worldwide distribution"

Label with worldwide distribution = major label = label that has distribution in stone shops around the world, e.g. Nuclear Blast etc. Online distribution is not enough, any small underground label may ship their stuff worldwide. In this case we would have thousands of non-metal side-projects here, which we don't really need to, as it's Metal Archives in the first place.

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:13 am 

Fulgurius wrote:
Dexter_prog wrote:

Label with worldwide distribution = major label = label that has distribution in stone shops around the world, e.g. Nuclear Blast etc. Online distribution is not enough, any small underground label may ship their stuff worldwide. In this case we would have thousands of non-metal side-projects here, which we don't really need to, as it's Metal Archives in the first place.

Ah, I see, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 pm 

remove the newly added band

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sou ... 3540327431

same as

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Soul_Crusher/99797

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/band/view/id/51201
Quintessence of Hate

At the bottom of this, according to Google Translate says:
http://niewiadomocoipoco.blogspot.com/2 ... 3c36c31023

"The LTWB there is still a draft, reportedly industrial black metal - Quintessence of Hate. In 2003 he founded under the banner demo Fri "Ultra-Ultimate Supersonic Anti-Love. " As a Ziutek wrote on QoH on last.fm, but this demo was never released."

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 am 

No one has an answer why Crashdiet is on the archives? I mentioned this a week ago.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 am 

Terri23 wrote:
No one has an answer why Crashdiet is on the archives? I mentioned this a week ago.

Don't know, I never heard their music except few samples. Since I don't have access to or knowledge about this band's discogrphy, I can't tell if they were accepted because one or two of their releases were metal enough, or if they were accepted because they are metal enough in general. I suspect the latter, since they have been granted the 'Heavy Metal/Glam Rock´ genre-tag.

GCL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 am 

Ok, so I have this band up for submission: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Parasite/3540327333
Japanese Metalpunk actually (in my opinion and the band itself, more metal than punk)
As it is taking quite a while to be accepted/rejected I went around trying to find bands that could support the legitimacy of the submission...

...and then I found this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Yellow_Machinegun/20192
Really? Yellow Machinegun? I've honestly been "fighting" since yesterday to find something about them one could say would be "metal enough" about this band...and I failed (and clearly a split w/ S.O.D. isn't any justification whatsoever)
It's (arguably) exciting, hard, powerful music. But 'Metal'? Doesn't look 'Metal', sounds like crossover but more on the punk/hardcore side of the spectrum with the occasional grove/funky break, and not even the lyrics contradict this.
If this shouldn't be removed, I would be very curious to know the reason why.
Cheers!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:25 pm 

It's been a while since a staff member explained why Jesu is on the site. What was the rationale behind it, again?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:34 pm 

As far as I remember it was based on at least their first full-lenght album being metal enough.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm 

Again why the following are on the site?

Hagalaz' Runedance
Poropetra
Mortiis
Vond
Cintecele Diavolui
Fata Morgana
Shiva in Exile
Líam

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:48 pm 

GraveWish wrote:
Again why the following are on the site?

Hagalaz' Runedance
Poropetra
Mortiis
Vond
Cintecele Diavolui
Fata Morgana
Shiva in Exile
Líam

Ok, I'll play along.

MA manifest:
Quote:
Additionally, there will be some non-metal bands featured on the site that we feel are still part of the metal scene despite not being metal themselves (usually darkwave, ambient, neo-classical and/or folk bands, examples being Mortiis, Elend, Autumn Tears, Stille Volk, etc). These bands are selected by the moderators in an admittedly arbitrary fashion, and their submission by normal users is discouraged. Please bear with us on this.

TheGreatDuck
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 pm 

Why is the Danish band Fate here?They play melodic hard rock/AOR.I know they were formed by Hank Sherman,but that was after Mercyful Fate disbanded,so they can't count as a side-project...And they definately aren't as important as Crue or Deep Purple to remain on that account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eHi3v34fQ

Especially considering there are heavier bands,such as Europe (the first two albums), that aren't featured here...

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:23 pm 

Not sure about Fate. To these ears it's very AOR/hardrock stuff. But I'm no expert in this softer melodic stuff, as I don't listen to it. But I do know that the album 'Scratch n' Sniff' is supposed to be their hardest.

I'm sure they have been discussed before, and Fate has been in the archives since 2002, and thus survived every cleansing so far, so I guess they are here to stay. Maybe someone else know more about it.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:07 pm 

Actually, this is only the third time or so in my years on staff I've seen the band mentioned. I don't know enough about them myself to make a ruling, but experience has taught me that a submission date that far back is as liable to be an argument against them as for them, given that the degree of oversight across the board was generally lower very early in the site's life.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:48 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:
Actually, this is only the third time or so in my years on staff I've seen the band mentioned. I don't know enough about them myself to make a ruling, but experience has taught me that a submission date that far back is as liable to be an argument against them as for them, given that the degree of oversight across the board was generally lower very early in the site's life.

Good point.

If the band was in the queue today, I would probably have voted for rejection. To me they sound somewhat similar to another Danish band called Skagarack, who is on the blacklist for being 'AOR'. I always confused those two bands. But like I mentioned, this kind of music is definitely not my area, so I would probably have left the band there for those staffmembers, who are into this stuff (if any?). I wonder who accepted them back then, but of course there is a chance that the particular moderator is long gone.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:16 pm 

The first Fate album certainly isn't enough metal. I think it's worth scrutinizing their discography a bit further, as I see them as a serious candidate for deletion.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 pm 

Hmm. I've gone over a number of their songs from different albums. Fate's earlier stuff is definitely AOR. Their first three albums were all AOR. It appears that, when they had a line-up change in the late 1980s/early 1990s, their music changed to become heavier, though. I can assume that they were originally accepted based on "Scratch 'n Sniff" which (to my ears) doesn't sound very metal, but certainly is heavier than typical AOR. But, in comparing that earlier work with their latest album, I am not sure. For example, compare that song linked above to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L82i6teAbU), this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le75XUVSA8U) or this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOLATS-r6c). Although that album was released 4 years after they got accepted here (in 2006), I'm not entirely convinced on whether to remove them based on that album.

GCL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 am 

GCL wrote:
(...)
Really? Yellow Machinegun? I've honestly been "fighting" since yesterday to find something about them one could say would be "metal enough" about this band...and I failed (and clearly a split w/ S.O.D. isn't any justification whatsoever)
It's (arguably) exciting, hard, powerful music. But 'Metal'? Doesn't look 'Metal', sounds like crossover but more on the punk/hardcore side of the spectrum with the occasional grove/funky break, and not even the lyrics contradict this.
Cheers!

Ok, just bumping my own post with some video posts as I got no answer about Yellow Machinegun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVpWGaXdvk 8 min live set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flpqnuh_4Vs music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM2xcixxebA music video
I tried to pick the "heaviest" clips I could find on youtube. It doesn't seem to get anywhere heavier.

Cheers

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 am 

GCL wrote:
GCL wrote:
(...)
Cheers!

Ok, just bumping my own post with some video posts as I got no answer about Yellow Machinegun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVpWGaXdvk 8 min live set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flpqnuh_4Vs music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM2xcixxebA music video
I tried to pick the "heaviest" clips I could find on youtube. It doesn't seem to get anywhere heavier.

Cheers

Hard to say. It could probably be ruled both sides. Hard to say when to call it a punk riff or when to call it a crossover riff, but in general, I personally think it's ok, because in total it's definitely harder than most standard punk. The 'occasional grove/funky break' you mentioned definitely ruins the impression, but to me it's just the kind of cartoonish weirdness that some Japanese bands like to add for whatever reason. I would not consider MA less complete if they were deleted though.

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:09 pm 

Svantevith
Genre:
Dark Ambient / Black Metal
Added by: Wened
Added on: 2004-11-02 04:59:20

Deleted. Ambient with vocals in BM style.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KKOWVMST

sofeshue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 pm 

I suggest that we should delete this release and mention it in additional notes:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/St ... Yuan/99135
The additional notes says, "This album was never really released. Only a few copies burned on cd-r and given to friends."

This album is called 轩辕之恋 in Chinese, and was meant to be the second full-length of the band. According to this official web blog,
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_54425e1a0100a9q0.html
the band recorded it in October 2000, but seems that it never got released. Google search of this album only returned one page mentioning it, that is the above page. If it were released, this phenomenon cannot happen.

The band also recorded a third full-length 貔貅之歌 (Songs of Pixiu) but still did not release it.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Hmm. I've gone over a number of their songs from different albums. Fate's earlier stuff is definitely AOR. Their first three albums were all AOR. It appears that, when they had a line-up change in the late 1980s/early 1990s, their music changed to become heavier, though. I can assume that they were originally accepted based on "Scratch 'n Sniff" which (to my ears) doesn't sound very metal, but certainly is heavier than typical AOR. But, in comparing that earlier work with their latest album, I am not sure. For example, compare that song linked above to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L82i6teAbU), this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le75XUVSA8U) or this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOLATS-r6c). Although that album was released 4 years after they got accepted here (in 2006), I'm not entirely convinced on whether to remove them based on that album.

I'm comfortable with getting rid of Fate.

andres_river_iacc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm 

Reported by some user:

Zores: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zores/3540278730

This thing is the only track that i found. It is posted on their "official homepage": http://zores-seroz.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0MJ-YU_Ek

Not black metal at all.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 pm 

MMisantropo wrote:
Derigin wrote:

I'm comfortable with getting rid of Fate.

As, it would seem from this thread, helvede and I also.

I was able to gauge the thoughts of at least one of the reviewers for the band; DeathRiderDoom. DRD listens to AOR, and feels that Fate is AOR. In his own words: "in line with the normal MA criteria, my knowledge of the band, what bands are usually accepted, and what bands they sound like who are NOT present/allowed on the archives, i'd say they're ripe for nuking." With that said, I have notified or tried notifying the reviewers of the band to let them know to save their review. I will go ahead and remove Fate.

FueledByHate
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 pm 

Einspruch: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Einspruch/34654

This is standard RAC without relation to Metal or NSBM.
Only a bad underground quality is not a sign for NSBM.
Also the cover for "Deutsches Wort" is wrong, because this is selfmade.
I'm sure the reason for mistake is the selfmade cover, because this cover is similar with typical BM covers.
But the music have nothing to do with BM or NSBM.
I have all these awful albums and also all covers.

here the real cover of "Deutsches Wort"
Attachment:
Einspruch - Deutsches Wort.jpg

here 3 samples

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10U0IU7R

The minimum resemblance to BM is accidental and one deceives the listener by the bad quality.
Einspruch is a normal Skinhead band and has also released 2 other demos.

2001 - Mit Deutschem Gruss
1998 - Stattgegeben

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm 

Deleted Empyre (USA). 80s melodic hard rock with minimal metal elements.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Corpus_Christ/30397
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cor ... 3540283966

= same band

Correct name seems to be Corpus Christi as can be seen on Soledades

If you decide to delete Corpus Christ, the members should be moved to Corpus Christi page

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:17 am 

Zorg85 wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Corpus_Christ/30397
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cor ... 3540283966

= same band

Correct name seems to be Corpus Christi as can be seen on Soledades

If you decide to delete Corpus Christ, the members should be moved to Corpus Christi page

Deleted Corpus Christ. They were classified as black metal on the duplicate, but I don't know which genre is correct. No info or samples to be found.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 am 

Deleted Adamastor. Pure rock.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 169  Next