Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am 

Yeah, probably. Still going to listen to their discography to make sure, though.

Deleted Concept Chaos. "Gothic Metal"... uh-huh... Pretty much alternative rock, less metal than Guano Apes.

quorthoncronos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 am 

Any updates regarding the inclusion of Scalplock? nothing Grindcore about them in my opinion, just sounds like fast Hardcore with screamy vocals to my ears...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:46 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Yeah, probably. Still going to listen to their discography to make sure, though.

Canaan and Neronoia will be deleted shortly. Neronoia is pure dark ambient, Canaan throws in some actual doom once in a while, but it's not prevalent. These are both clearly ambient projects with no significant connections that would justify their continued inclusion as exceptions.

quorthoncronos: Yeah, this is clearly punk-based. They too will be deleted soon.

quorthoncronos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:04 pm 

Thank you very much Azmodes.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:35 pm 

Deleted Alor, a neo folk band with some hints of metal.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:08 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Canaan and Neronoia will be deleted shortly. Neronoia is pure dark ambient, Canaan throws in some actual doom once in a while, but it's not prevalent. These are both clearly ambient projects with no significant connections that would justify their continued inclusion as exceptions.

Good to hear. Actually it is interesting that Canaan has stayed in the MA for quite some time and no one has complained about them before. Seems to be a band with little recognition in the scene.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:40 am 

Deleted the following, none are metal or valid side-projects:
Marcos De Ros
Olam Ein Sof
Lunatic Soul
Disciples of Belial

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 pm 

Erm, wut? Lunatic Soul is a 100% side project, founded by the Riverside bassist/singer and running parallel to the main band ever since.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:29 pm 

Riverside are not even that metal, not even sure they should even be on MA (I haven't heard their latest album). They're not that well known either.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:44 pm 

Well ok, thought it applies to any side project that follows the rules.

Their most recent album is not very metal, but I'm pretty sure their second, third and fourth are more than enough to merit them a place here.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 pm 

TheLiberation wrote:
Well ok, thought it applies to any side project that follows the rules.

There was a time when it pretty much used to, as long as the material was released on a label with worldwide distribution. But the Archives got clogged up with too much arbitrary non-metal that way. So we no longer follow that blind approach and try to evaluate side-projects on a much more case-by-case basis, i.e. considering renown, relevance, influence, popularity, listenership, etc.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:42 pm 

O ok, missed that then, I remember the old interpretation. Also always considered Lunatic Soul a reliable example of the rule, since it's been there at least since the V2 of the site went official and no one ever doubted it, so thought it's here to stay. It was kind of weird when I actually submitted his new album and then it just vanished from my profile somewhere two days later :lol:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 pm 

Yeah, we're still in the process of re-reviewing all listed side-projects/exceptions. Some more deletions most definitely coming up.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 am 

Deleted Devotee. Myspace band with no valid releases.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:53 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Synaptik/3540385654

According to this Facebook post, the album is not released until the 26th: https://www.facebook.com/SYNAPTIKMETAL/ ... 9545673492

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 am 

Deleted again, for the time being.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 pm 

I understand the importance of Anders Björler, but his solo project does not belong here.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/And ... 3540373153

Seems like the Karl Sanders case, which I also disagree with but I'm sure some mod has an explanation for it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm 

That's the perfect example of a valid side project, are you kidding?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm 

It took a full month to get added after the album was released, which is a lifetime in MA time. I guess I'm just assuming there must have been debate about its validity, which is what I'm curious about.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
It took a full month to get added after the album was released, which is a lifetime in MA time. I guess I'm just assuming there must have been debate about its validity, which is what I'm curious about.

Frankly, you're assuming quite a lot here...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:22 pm 

I wouldn't assume too much because of the time span. Things can move quickly or not so quickly for various reasons. And obvious or not, we like to get a good many mods to comment before dealing with a non-metal exception one way or the other. No sense rushing these things.

So the project was discussed indeed. What it comes down to is that it's a side-project by a notable musician from a highly notable and popular band. I'm curious, why do you think it doesn't belong?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:03 pm 

If I may chime I here, honestly I don't even really see point in including any side projects. I mean it's the metal archives not the metal plus some random other shit that famous people have done archives. The only circumstance that even kind of makes sense is if it's closely related to metal (obviously stated in the rules) cause then maybe someone might try and look it up here but really even then I don't see the point. It's not like the artists aren't being credited to their non metal stuff, then I could see it being more of an issue.

It seems to me that including side projects to begin with is a bit arbitrary and just opens the door for people to bitch and moan when someone they feel is important enough doesn't get their project included. That and the fact that there can't be any concrete rules on the issue for obvious reasons just makes the whole inclusion see well, for lack of a better term, inane. Either way just an opinion from someone standing outside the mystic circle.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:54 pm 

Doors really don't need to be opened for people to bitch and moan. Side projects are rarely a point of contention, not nearly to the degree of "borderline" bands anyway. Their inclusion has somewhat changed from 2002 to 2014 - early on, information was much more sparse but many metalheads would still look for information on bands like Autumn Tears, Arcana, and Elend. They remain somewhat due to precedence and relevance. Some staffers would prefer to do away with them entirely, but they tend to remain relatively low-maintenance and still relevant/of interest.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:50 am 

See this report: http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 9/show/all

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:06 pm 

BlackenedZeroth wrote:

S9NE wrote:
I submitted Manduca na Roça but while I was waiting for it to get accepted, I searched for the band's initials "M.N.R" and I found this. I figured that my submission would get rejected which would make perfect sense considering it's a duplicate. But now that both of these are submitted, it's really confusing. I suggest this one gets deleted because Manduca na Roça has the full discography. Sorry in advance.

... are you kidding? :facepalm: No, sorry, it doesn't work like that. The older releases can be added to the older entry. You know, the one with the complete band line-up and more info.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:08 pm 

nuked: Thousand Leaves. Took some time checking it out, all Touhou stuff, not one original album. Sent back to Japan.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:14 am 

Arjuna's Eye removed. That should NOT have been accepted in the first place. Djent + Disturbed + modern rock bullshit.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blo ... 3540371989

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blo ... 3540385769

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 am 

Looks like it's time for me to go to sleep rather than trudging through the band queue. Deleted the duplicate that I accepted.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 am 

Deleted Ablaze from Hong Kong. No proof/sign of a valid release, might not even be metal anyway (grunge rock).

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 pm 

Two same bands! http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blu ... 3540345326
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blu ... 3540385399
Thanks to the report: http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 4/show/all

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 pm 

Fixed. Looks like zombie Azmodes needs to go to sleep too.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:15 am 

It was submitted as BlueHerps, my bad.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:23 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hort/3540295842

1 song, 10 copies, should probably be nuked

EDIT:

This too, 2 songs (7:47), 13 copies:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bokwus/3540354661

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am 

^Hm yeah, gone.

Deleted Allure of Damnation. Lots of their material is plagiarised, and even if there is some original material (which seems doubtful), no sign of valid releases anyway. Fake band.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 pm 

Was any consensus reached on Pumkiva and Werewolves of Venice, as first mentioned in this thread?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Coolguy Dave
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:58 pm 

theres a lot of fucking deathcore bands. and other bands, like alice in chains. whats the deal with that?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 pm 

Coolguy Dave wrote:
theres a lot of fucking deathcore bands. and other bands, like alice in chains. whats the deal with that?

We accept deathcore bands if they are more (death) metal than hardcore. Alice in Chains got plenty of heavy metal in their music, doomy and dark.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 am 

Hardcore Superstar is in the archives?!
Hardcore Superstar?!
They are as metal as The Hellacopters or Aerosmith. Ie not metal at all. Quite a bit of rock 'n roll but no metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Cuqo45r-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRJtSNUDL14

HOT_DOG_DAY_89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:33 am 

Hardcore Superstar is straight up rock on the earlier albums, but I hear a lot of heavy metal on some of the later albums. They are a bit boarder line that way, but I think they belong just as much as any other hard rock band on this site that's released an heavy metal album or two. I have no idea what album got the accepted because it's been a while since I listened to them, but I remember at least one album that sounded heavy metal all the way.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 168  Next