Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 pm 

Deleted Desolation Depression. Almost definitely fake.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Yeah, [Disgust] is definitely not metal. I'll get acquainted with the rest of the discography, if it's similar to that album, they're gone.

Eeyup, grind-fuelled crust punk this is. Gone.

deceivedchildren
Wikileaks ain't got nothing on me!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:51 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sm ... ood/167917

SMITHWORKS - HEAVY METAL ???? C'mon

http://www.divshare.com/download/26414476-45f ( excerpos of ALL SONGS from STITHWORKS album)

So called moderators reject RAPIDFIRE (First Axl Rose band) and label it as "ROCK" (If it washn't for Axl it was EASILY ACCEPTED.) but there's pure AOR record on Metal-Archives (ACCEPTED BY COMPETENT MODERATORS !!!! Mind You ) I can't understand HOW YOU WORK HERE ???

Last edited by dreadmeat on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinypic has thumbnail tags...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:18 pm 

Holy shit, we accepted a band that you, lunaboy, don't think might be metal? It's not like we haven't told you TIME AND TIME AGAIN (what is it now, ten years worth of telling you?) that we judge bands on their own merits. But hey, allow us to be assholes about it, too, and resort to ad hominem attacks and random CAPS for SHITS and GIGGLES. I mean, whoever heard about using tact and reason? Outrageous.

By the way where is your BIG RESEARCH of 640 bands that don't deserve to be on the archives? We're waiting. Oh wait, you don't have it? Figured.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:40 pm 

And I'm circled in that crucial piece of evidence because... I changed the genre from "Traditional Heavy Metal" to "Heavy Metal" at some point last year? :lol: You're such a humongous incorrigible hyper-moron that it beggars belief. Why do you even bother coming back if you hate this site and its management so much? Well, goodbye and probably auf Wiedersehen again. Guess me not immediately pulling the trigger last month after your dumbassery regarding Repulsion just goes to show how thirty-fifth chances are overrated.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:13 pm 

Azmodes is what is wrong with this site...hahaha

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm 

lunaboy's harrowing display of the more advanced stages of Fuckfaceitis notwithstanding, Smithworks is indeed not metal. Deleted now, I checked the entire album and it sounds like mostly hard rock.

lunaboy, I'm pretty sure this was explained to you plenty of times already, but if you can't comprehend how mistakes can happen and perceived inconsistencies arise over the course of over a decade of relatively small, changing constellations of staffers and over 100,000 bands (listed, not submitted, mind you), well, I feel that I should at least wish you good luck in figuring out how to feed yourself. It seems that, indeed like you claimed, you just can't understand how we work here (or how most things work, for that matter) and by all appearances as well as considering that presumed vacuous watermelon you call a head never will have the capacity to put sufficient distance between said fruit and your ass, no matter how many accounts you create. Tact and reason, rare commodities indeed.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:55 am 

Deleted Cry from Germany. No releases.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:34 pm 

Hi there. I have some doubts about the addition of the band Mental Reeve, which haves no discography and their music cannot be found in any part of the internet. How did the band was accepted in the archives?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Men ... 3540257853

There is only one member known and its address is given, but I still don't know how the band get accepted. It says the band genre is melodic metal, but it could be even a mix of sludge and post-black metal, because there are no sources to listen the music.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:44 pm 

Well, artery probably got that info from a review in a zine or more likely, the name listed in that address. It is sufficient, and he is a trusted user. I don't doubt that the demo exists. It may seem strange seeing an empty discography nowadays, but there are a few of these floating about. Not all are valid, mind you, but read the additional notes, since it should spell it out.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:24 am 

Deleted Dark North from Norway. Actually a duplicate of the Bulgarian entry with a guessed CoO.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:32 am 

Tossed Vector of Underground. Labeled as "death metal," actually nu-metal/mallcore/modern metal bullshit.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:20 am 

Doused:

December's Fire: Orchestral Ambient. What guitars are in the only LP consist of 5 minutes of a 35 minute album, even if the guitars were metal.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:28 pm 

Why are bands like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying accepted if metalcore is hated so much?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm 

Metalcore bands are accepted if they are more metal than -core. I believe that's almost verbatim in the rules too, so please do read them. It has nothing to do with hating the genre.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:00 pm 

L.A.P.D. tossed. Not only is it clearly not metal, but it was also blacklist evasion.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:15 pm 

Nuked Niflhel (Belgium). Seems like someone may have gotten confused at some point.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:32 pm 

Deleted the recently added Ghosts at Sea. The band was already here, but someone changed the name to Aghartha and just deleted the logo. This name change is significant enough for another band entry, so I deleted the new Ghosts at Sea entry, changed Aghartha back to Ghosts at Sea and added Aghartha.

Some mod must have been out of it on for this one. ;-p
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:05 pm 

Erm, they had an album released under the name Ghosts at Sea and changed their name in 2014...?

EDIT: Oh wait DERP I see now. :boo:
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:30 pm 

I did it once I woke up, I can't even understand what I said above.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm 

Deleted Co_Conspirator. Predominantly mathcore/jazz wankery with some prog/groove metal in there.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:17 pm 

Deleted ChaseMotive and Anyone But You. -core.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am 

Deleted:
The Autumn Transition
This Son of Yours
So Help Me God

-core.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nemesis/3540374682

Ambient, no metal at all:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1s97q ... lkaarn.rar

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:03 pm 

Deleted.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:58 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gromoslaw/24472

Another ambient band. The 2003 demo has all the tracks from the 2002 one except Курган (Отцов чтимёи); they are just translated on our entry for some reason. The label page lists them in Russian, though.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yq4sp ... emo%29.zip

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:08 am 

Deleted Mittwinter, Ambient/Darkwave

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 am 

Halloween wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gromoslaw/24472

Another ambient band. The 2003 demo has all the tracks from the 2002 one except Курган (Отцов чтимёи); they are just translated on our entry for some reason. The label page lists them in Russian, though.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yq4sp ... emo%29.zip

Nuked.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:18 pm 

Deleted Sweet Revenge from the US. Submitted based on a pre-Xentrix demo that was never released.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:07 pm 

Nuked The Werewolves of Venice

Fake band

Last.fm

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:52 am 

Deleted Forgotten Land. Ambient synth stuff like Uruk-Hai.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:34 am 

Nuked Gambit (Germany).

Only release was actually a loose copy (first half of a 2LP) of a VA promo containing many bands.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm 

Nuked Tomsen (Germany)

Shred/mainly instrumental melodic had rock.

Last.fm

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:41 am 

So why are Trap Them here? As far as I know, they pretty consistently play either crust punk or hardcore in the style of Converge or Nails. I don't think they have any releases that could be called predominantly metal.

http://trapthem.bandcamp.com/album/darker-handcraft
http://trapthem.bandcamp.com/album/blissfucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwunXO3sXh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIv-utRmdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_qjUrV1ZI

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:47 am 

A few months back we brought up a lot of the more prominent bands in this style, and personally I was on the fence but leaning no on Trap Them. I remember basically saying that I would vote no but didn't have the strongest opinion so I'd defer to others. I don't think they were decided unambiguously metal enough to stay as much as just nobody really cared enough to lobby one way or the other since there were so many other bands we dealt with. If I were to vote again, I'd lean a much stronger "no" side this time, now that I'm just more experienced with this style of crust/hardcore. Blissfucker is basically Black Breath's Sentenced to Life without any of the metal riffs.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:51 am 

on the basis of what album exactly did they get accepted?
Looks like it was on basis of Seizures in Barren Praise.

Blissfucker at least is not a metal album.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:43 am 

Trap Them used to be listed as deathgrind, fun fact. Though I'm only familiar with "Darker Handcraft", remember it as being somewhat metallic. I'll look into it.

EDIT: I'm undecided, though iamntbatman thinks that album is acceptably metal.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 am 

I would just like to state my opposition to deleting Trap Them. Definitely think they have material that is metal enough.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Trap Them used to be listed as deathgrind, fun fact. Though I'm only familiar with "Darker Handcraft", remember it as being somewhat metallic. I'll look into it.

EDIT: I'm undecided, though iamntbatman thinks that album is acceptably metal.

I also feel Darker Handcraft is acceptable as metal.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:30 am 

Nuked Vaguedge Dies for Dies Irae. Touhou Doujin band.

EDIT: Also nuked Icarus'cry. Same reason for VDDI. Touhou Doujin band.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 169  Next