Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 pm 

Explain why there's only one Mexican moderator then!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm 

Because every other Mexican user here is either a) a black metal drama queen or b) doesn't speak English. Also there could be a chance of c) no Mexican metalhead is as fucking *HANDSOME* as I am!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:20 pm 

Or d) all of the above

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm 

Yeah, it could also be d)

:D
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am 

Hentgarm (who were just approved earlier today): their album isn't released yet; only for streaming.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:38 am 

What about e) none of the above?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Nah, the real reason why you'll never be offered a modship is because you're an Australian, and Alhadis single-handedly filled all the five-mods-per-country-at-the-very-most positions Australia could have with his tendency to never sleep.

Ha, apparently I went to school with him a few years back, not sure how he managed to find time for school between bouts of MA work... Probably explains why I never saw him.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 am 

Obscurum wrote:
Hentgarm (who were just approved earlier today): their album isn't released yet; only for streaming.

Deleted.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm 

Deleted Seduced by Suicide. Gothic rock/pop.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:50 pm 

Misled by Lies. All of their releases seem dubious, and very little verification is out there about them:

-Demo 99 was supposedly handed out at shows, with less than 50 made on both CD-r and cassette. The band's website makes no mention of this demo that I can find, and our notes make mention that this demo was actually recorded under the band's original name, Selfportrait, and simply repressed under the new name with new band name on the album cover. An entry at MusicMight.com supports this, as does a fan-made entry at The H-Town Wiki, a Wiki-site dedicated to the Hamilton, New Zealand music scene.

-Forever unto You... is also not mentioned on the band's website, nor on the H-Town Wiki. Our notes state that it was limited to 30 copies. The above MusicMight.com entry also says that Forever unto You... was released under the Selfportrait name as well, which is supported by the tiny album art on our page.

-The Parallels of Love and Hatred was shelved by the band in 2002, and tracks subsequently leaked to the internet in the following years. This is supported by our site, the band's website, and the H-Town Wiki.

-Silence | Acceptance was never completed amid numerous line-up shuffles, and the group disbanded before recording was completed. This is also supported by the H-Town entry, and the band's site.

The evidence of their releases are flimsy at best. If it's not removed, then at the very least, the band page should be renamed to Selfportrait, since that was the only name they supposedly released music under, and the two full-lengths deleted. Seeing as they are from NZ, perhaps Alhadis would know something about them.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 pm 

Removed:

-Censura from Colombia - punk band listed as thrash.
-Black Zodiac from USA (Tampa, Florida) - nu-metal
-Nightmare from Myanmar - hardcore
-Diesel Machine from USA (LA, California) - mallcore labeled as power metal. WTF? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7mNIiUUjY

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:15 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Ha, apparently I went to school with him a few years back, not sure how he managed to find time for school between bouts of MA work... Probably explains why I never saw him.

Y'never saw me 'cause we went to two different campuses, ya nong. :D ;)

OpsiusCato wrote:
... could have with his tendency to never sleep.

That was true up until I got a full-time job. :( Now I miss you guys too much. :cry:

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 pm 

Aaawwww. Believe me, we miss you more, mate.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:53 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:

Y'never saw me 'cause we went to two different campuses, ya nong. :D ;)

Eh, who considers Wantirna a valid campus :p

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:55 am 

You saw the visualisation I rendered. :p What, hydroponic gardens, windmills and solar panels don't validate the area's worth as a campus? :( FO SHAME.

Lebaoth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:51 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rautanyrkki/20868
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nimet%C3%B6n/21982

These two fall into the "Promo tape limited to 5 copies" BS category. I don't think there ever were even five copies of the entered releases, with no distribution at all. I know, because I was in those "bands".

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hii ... A4me/72009

This one is not so clear, since you accept digital releases nowadays. They were available for mp3 download at http://www.Mikseri.net (a "serious digital distributor"?) in 160-192 kbps or something, with printable covers if anyone wanted to burn it to cd-r. I know of exactly one person who ever did that; there was never any physical distribution. None of these unmastered bedroom recordings have been available for years. I'll leave it to your discretion.

Sorry for the old bullshit.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 pm 

Quote:
-Diesel Machine from USA (LA, California) - mallcore labeled as power metal. WTF?

:| What the arse did I just listen to? Man, I would not be happy if someone pushed that on me under the guise of it being power metal. Good call on the removal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:14 pm 

Deleted USM. More hard rock than metal.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 pm 

Removed Škwor (Czech Republic) - Nu-metal/rapcore/hardrock. I checked 8 of their 9 albums and none of them were even remotely metal, I'll assume the one I couldn't find is also mallcore.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:48 am 

I've torched Solomon Kane, not necessarily because it's a hoax, but because they only have one demo song recorded and there is no evidence that it was ever properly released. Apparently the band has made the rounds online as an uberobscure doom metal gem from the early 80's, but is in fact a joke perpetrated by Richard M. Walker from Solstice. If anyone has evidence to the contrary, please provide it here and I'd be happy to restore the page, but so far that's that.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Misled by Lies. All of their releases seem dubious, and very little verification is out there about them...

Anything?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:13 pm 

Deleted Haron (Bulgaria), ambient.

Radagast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm 

Would anyone like to make a case for the defence for Jack Owen's band Adrift before I purge them?

This just sounds like groovy rock to me:

This song isn't even borderline:

He effectively quit Cannibal Corpse when this band started to take shape too so it's not exactly a side project.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:17 am 

A side project that might need a second look: Gnaw

The music sounds like, well, industrial/noise with Alan Dubin screaming over it.

There are only two members of this band who are connected to the metal scene whatsoever. One is Alan Dubin (arguably best known as the vocalist of Khanate, also participated in O.L.D.; both of these - especially the latter - are not wholly connected within or associated with the metal scene); the other is Jamie Sykes (drummer for a bunch of bands; most have no significance, except for Burning Witch and Thorr's Hammer). The Khanate connection is shaky when one realizes that Alan formed this band less than a year before Khanate split up, so they quickly became his main project; and Jamie has apparently left the band at this point.

I would not consider this to be a side-project case in which the band has a connection to the metal scene that is firm enough that people would come to a metal website seeking information pertaining to it. Personally, I would remove it.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm 

Another band need to evaluate: Macabre (pre-Pentagram) - of course, Pentagram are no doubt doom metal legends and one of the first bands but in those early days as Macabre they sounded more like heavy psych blues rock.

There are two tracks of their only 1972 single: Be Forewarned | Lazy Lady

These songs later will be played again with another, heavier sound and will appeared on their different albums but the original versions are what we looking for if we want to consider them doom metal.

How do you think, are those two tracks doom metal?

Metal Archives do not accept previous incarnations of the metal band if they were not metal, right?

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:24 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Obscurum wrote:

Deleted.

Unless they've already been purged, someone can restore the entry. Album's out now.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:51 pm 

Well, no need now. A user has resubmitted them.

Radagast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:33 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:
Another band need to evaluate: Macabre (pre-Pentagram) - of course, Pentagram are no doubt doom metal legends and one of the first bands but in those early days as Macabre they sounded more like heavy psych blues rock.

There are two tracks of their only 1972 single: Be Forewarned | Lazy Lady

These songs later will be played again with another, heavier sound and will appeared on their different albums but the original versions are what we looking for if we want to consider them doom metal.

How do you think, are those two tracks doom metal?

Metal Archives do not accept previous incarnations of the metal band if they were not metal, right?

It's a bit less black and white than normal since it's kind of an in-between stage for the band, but if pushed I'd have to say based on those two songs Macabre should probably be deleted with some information about the single added to the additional notes of Pentagram's page.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:32 am 

I would not be averse to viewing it as an exception and changing the genre to "psychedelic/blues rock."

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:09 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Agent 0: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Agent_0/3540335900

If the band's word is to be taken on it, the band do not compose original music; it seems they play BDM arrangements of Touhou music: https://www.facebook.com/AGENT0.touhou/info

Took a bit longer, but deleted.

Misled by Lies. All of their releases seem dubious, and very little verification is out there about them...

Anything?

Nice digging work. I'll rename the page for now. Unfortunately there are no samples from the demos to be found, however the previews from the cancelled full-length sound like acceptable metalcore. I'll assume that they didn't radically change, but will be on the lookout for samples.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:09 am 

Gnaw will be gone soon, Mutant.

Lebaoth wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rautanyrkki/20868
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nimet%C3%B6n/21982

These two fall into the "Promo tape limited to 5 copies" BS category. I don't think there ever were even five copies of the entered releases, with no distribution at all. I know, because I was in those "bands".

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hii ... A4me/72009

This one is not so clear, since you accept digital releases nowadays. They were available for mp3 download at http://www.Mikseri.net (a "serious digital distributor"?) in 160-192 kbps or something, with printable covers if anyone wanted to burn it to cd-r. I know of exactly one person who ever did that; there was never any physical distribution. None of these unmastered bedroom recordings have been available for years. I'll leave it to your discretion.

Sorry for the old bullshit.

All nuked.

Radagast, no objections about Adrift. Deleted.

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 am 

Deleted Inferiae.
Their only demo consisted of 4 covers, so no original material.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:10 am 

Deleted Impure Wilhelmina. Sludgy post-hardcore.

curtis1567
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 pm 

This band... Seems really, REALLY dubious. The tape looks like a forgery and there is absolutely nothing on the Internet about them. It seems like one of those nonsense bands made by people who want the glory of being on MA. Should this be nuked?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fuck_Christ/112590

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 pm 

Yeahhhh... ordinarily, we tend not to judge bands as suspicious based purely on their obscurity, but there's something about this band that's setting off an alarm bell in my head.

The submitter seems at least semi-active on the site, so I've contacted him. :)

curtis1567
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm 

Thanks Alhadis. :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:29 am 

Deleted Spectral from Peru. Highly dubious release-wise (one cover art-less demo with only two original songs and five covers), no sign of any kind of valid release or other info anywhere.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 am 

curtis1567 wrote:
Thanks Alhadis. :)

Okay, got a response back, and this was his explanation.
Quote:
Haven't listened to the tape in years, but as I recall it, the music seemed inspired by early Beherit. Don't know how many copies were made, but probably just a handful. You won't find any samples online. I'm curious, what makes you interested in this particular band?
Frankly, I don't think it's a very interesting band. Not really worth your time investigating. But anyway, I met a guy with a common interest in black metal a couple of times, and he gave me this tape along with some others in exchange for some that I gave him. I guess it must have been in 2007, since that's when the tape was released.

Meh. Just leave it. At this point it's harder to disprove the band's existence than prove it. Just sounds like another painfully obscure bedroom band lost to the annals of time.

curtis1567
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:08 am 

Yep, seems like it. Thanks for the effort! :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:27 am 

Alright, so Kvelertak have been deleted after some staff discussion. Predominantly punk/hard rock, the band was very borderline to begin with and their punk/rock elements have only become more pronounced with "Meir."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 168  Next