Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NikkiNails
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:05 pm 
 

I received an E-Mail from Helvede stating a need for samples because of the "ambiguous" nature of Agnostia's Genre description this is what I can offer for material at the moment, the band dissolved so long ago, it will take time to gather copies of the Albums and EPs released. http://www.youtube.com/user/AgnostiaArchive Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 pm 
 

Hi
today i got the rejection of my band, Forstyrre, because you said it was not 'Metal'
in my opinion this is metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVYHSgSsAY
and here is the proof of a physical copy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Top
 Profile  
NikkiNails
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm 
 

I also included this you tube page link in the Notes and re-submitted, wasn't sure of the protocol, I would like to resolve this though, and have the band included, it was a very important band in a specific scene in the southeast, and there are still bands today whose sound was highly influenced by AgnostiA, not doing any own-horn-blowing here, it would just be a shame for the history to not be included.

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1412
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 pm 
 

NikkiNails wrote:
I received an E-Mail from Helvede stating a need for samples because of the "ambiguous" nature of Agnostia's Genre description this is what I can offer for material at the moment, the band dissolved so long ago, it will take time to gather copies of the Albums and EPs released. http://www.youtube.com/user/AgnostiaArchive Thank you.


I just found a full album of theirs at bandcamp:
http://computerclubrecords.bandcamp.com ... -with-them

Why on earth you'd consider some of this to be black or thrash metal is beyond me. Quite borderline, but there sure is some 70-80´s metal worship here and there. My overall impression is that it might be a bit too 'indie' to be considered metal enough, but let's hear some other voices.

Top
 Profile  
NikkiNails
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:00 am 
 

Well I consider the parts using d-beat, blast beat tremelo picking and growling to be black metal influenced and thrashy . I honestly think, had I not used the word indie myself it might not even occure to someone to relate the music to Indie rock at all.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:41 am 
 

19dlb92 wrote:
Hi
today i got the rejection of my band, Forstyrre, because you said it was not 'Metal'
in my opinion this is metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVYHSgSsAY
and here is the proof of a physical copy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Well, to be precise, there was only one real song available at the time and it wasn't really metal/borderline at best, so I asked for more samples. This new upload does sound more like ambient than black metal too.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:29 pm 
 

NikkiNails wrote:
Well I consider the parts using d-beat, blast beat tremelo picking and growling to be black metal influenced and thrashy . I honestly think, had I not used the word indie myself it might not even occure to someone to relate the music to Indie rock at all.

Peculiar stuff. There is no black or thrash metal in this, though as Helvede already said, there's definitely an influence of metal in its more classic riffing form. Thing is, overall this seems to be based in some sort of post-hardcore-ish experimental noise rock (yeah, genre masturbation, but that's what I get from this). Definite no from me.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GustavusAolphus
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:39 pm 
 

I was wondering why the band Turmion Kätilöt was blacklisted if it is, indeed, metal. You really can't deny the fact that it is.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:58 pm 
 

They're pretty much Finnish Rammstein, as I recall, so no, not predominantly metal. Industrial/rock.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
creatures_unite
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 pm 
 

I was wondering why Xehanort is blacklisted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCGq_CFlzDQ

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8463
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:45 pm 
 

Djent, "prog" stuff.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Gatherum
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 am
Posts: 338
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:39 pm 
 

The group I am about to refer to is almost certainly not a metal band by the standards of this site, and as far as I am aware, they have not yet been rejected or even submitted. I'd just like to use them to support a question that I have.

The group is Palm Reader. They are a new alternative/post-hardcore/metalcore (?) act from the United Kingdom, signed to Small Town Records (Devil Sold His Soul, etc). I stumbled upon them when I was e-mailed by Bandcamp about their début album, Bad Weather, the entirety of which can be streamed here.

Listening to it, it basically sounds like an amalgamation of Norma Jean and Walls of Jericho, but lacking the sludginess of the former and without making excessive use of the chugging hardcore breakdown as the latter does. Considering that neither of those acts are considered metal enough to be on the archives, I am not referencing this here with the hope or expectation that they can be added. But it is, through and through, a metalcore release, if on the post-hardcore side of the spectrum.

My question concerns the criteria for acceptance of metalcore bands. Occasionally, you get a band like this that has nothing to do with melodic death metal, but at the same time, does not exhibit the most offending elements of the hardcore side, such as the aforementioned chugs--at least, not in spades. In this case, I hear very vague allusions to some atmospheric sludge/post-metal acts, further complicating things.

Generally-speaking, what has to happen in metalcore for it to be acceptable here?
_________________
ThePoop wrote:
(snip)

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8463
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 pm 
 

This is not really the thread for this kind of discussion. I don't really understand the purpose of your semi-lengthy post, it serves no purposes... To put it briefly, it needs metal riffs based on our standards. If you have some bands in mind, submit them and the mod team will approve or reject them.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1412
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
NikkiNails wrote:
Well I consider the parts using d-beat, blast beat tremelo picking and growling to be black metal influenced and thrashy . I honestly think, had I not used the word indie myself it might not even occure to someone to relate the music to Indie rock at all.

Peculiar stuff. There is no black or thrash metal in this, though as Helvede already said, there's definitely an influence of metal in its more classic riffing form. Thing is, overall this seems to be based in some sort of post-hardcore-ish experimental noise rock (yeah, genre masturbation, but that's what I get from this). Definite no from me.


So, that's two times 'no' so far for Agnostia. Unless you can show us how the band was more metal on other releases, I'm afraid it doesn't belong here.

Top
 Profile  
NikkiNails
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:37 am 
 

If you think that band, is anything other than Heavy Metal music, then it certainly does NOT fit here. Honestly, that music fits so firmly into Heavy Metal, it's totally ridiculous to attempt creating some sort of alter-genre to try and explain away how it isn't. This "archive" is a joke. Good Day.

Top
 Profile  
weareall1
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
weareall1: Of Wolves is not predominantly metal. There's different elements in their music, the majority of which I'd call rock/punk-based.


Of course I disagree with this, the entire album is Metal, but then again im 42 years old have have seen all the stages Metal has been through and we encompass all of them, not just one which I feel is the issue because we are not easily classified but if anyone sat down smoked a joint and listened to the whole album they would clearly see the major influences shining through, Celtic Frost, old Metallica, Slayer, Black Sabbath, to more modern bands like Doomriders and Gorjira. The funny thing about all this talk about punk is what was thrash? Thrash was cross over it was the crossing over of Metal and Punk bands like DRI, SOD, Cro-mags they are Metal bands. Shit COC was basicly a punk band when they started, then went more cross over and ended up a stoney sludge/doom band! So basicly you can suck just as long as you are easily categorized as Metal your in! Bravo! Its sad that when something is new and doesnt fit in a box that it has to be categorized or it doesnt fit. I guess if we tried to sound like Pantera then we would be Metal. Well if we dont fit, Ill take it as a badge of honor

you tell me this aint Metal [url]https://ofwolves.bandcamp.com/track/red-skins
[/url]

Top
 Profile  
CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 am
Posts: 300
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 am 
 

Why is Nest (Finland) on here? Genre:Neofolk/Ambient

I was searching youtube for anything that resembled metal and couldnt find any. If there's any glimmer of metal in any of their lengthy 35+ total songs, then I apologize.

Then in their description:
"Often confused with the Norwegian Nest that play the same genre, but they're totally different bands."


Ok so, same genre... but the Norwegian Nest isnt on M-A. Well gosh, of course they arent.

Is it simply beacuase they did a split with Agalloch? I hope not because if thats the case, then why isnt Les Discrets on M-A? (Alcest split) I know thats been brought up a FEW times. Not trying to bring up the Les Discrets debate again. Just this prancy dance pan flute wind chime Nest band.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3553
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:38 am 
 

CircleovZaphyan wrote:
Why is Nest (Finland) on here? Genre:Neofolk/Ambient
I was searching youtube for anything that resembled metal and couldnt find any. If there's any glimmer of metal in any of their lengthy 35+ total songs, then I apologize.

Two Nest inquiries in a matter of days, the 'hell's goin' on here...? :ugh: :lol: If you were to do a search (or hell, even read the page before this one) you'd be amazed at what you could find. :D

NikkiNails wrote:
This "archive" is a joke. Good Day.

Yeah, 93,495+ bands and growing daily... hilarious attempt at archiving the world of metal, isn't it? :p Don't let the door hit you on the way out, m'friend. ;)

weareall1 wrote:
The funny thing about all this talk about punk is what was thrash? Thrash was cross over it was the crossing over of Metal and Punk bands like DRI, SOD, Cro-mags they are Metal bands. Shit COC was basicly a punk band when they started, then went more cross over and ended up a stoney sludge/doom band!

Erh dude, you don't need to subject us to a history lesson, we know what metal is and where thrash started. :p Thing is, we have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, or else we'll be accepting any ol' crap. By your logic, we may as well be accepting blues and 60s psychedelic rock bands onto a metal encyclopaedia because of the influences they had on Black Sabbath (who as we all know are the forefathers of metal). Bit of a contrived comparison, I know, but that's essentially what the "back in my day, X genre was influenced by Y genre, open up your minds!" argument is comprised of. :rolleyes:

Now, with all due respect, that song you linked to sounds largely metallic, but we don't accept bands that simply dabble in metal and flirt with every other neighbouring genre on the block. Between the Buries and Me aren't here for a similar reason: the metal influences aren't the -core focus of their music. Situation appears to be analogous here too, though I wasn't the one assessing your band, so I can't second Azmodes's reasoning that your music's more punk/rock than metal. I can, however, assure you that we don't blacklist bands until they've been thoroughly evaluated, and Azmodes wouldn't have blacklisted your band if he didn't hear the metal elements outweighed by the non-metal elements.

Hey, look, we're not criticising you for "not being metal enough". :p But really, you can't expect us to cater and please everybody whilst keeping this site geared towards its targeted demographic (that is, metalheads). We exist to document metal releases by bands that are - or were at one stage - undeniably metallic.

If you want more info, please read the rules. There's even a nifty lil' chapter ironically titled "Longarse, rambling, read-before-complaining-only version" which should hopefully provide many an insight as to the way we run this joint.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
19dlb92 wrote:
Hi
today i got the rejection of my band, Forstyrre, because you said it was not 'Metal'
in my opinion this is metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVYHSgSsAY
and here is the proof of a physical copy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Well, to be precise, there was only one real song available at the time and it wasn't really metal/borderline at best, so I asked for more samples. This new upload does sound more like ambient than black metal too.


me and my friend, Lord Erragal created this in the vein of Life is Pain.
In my opinion it is similar to this and Life is Pain is in the Archives so i don't understand why it can not be added

Top
 Profile  
Gelordum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Germ is post-punk with screaming. Not metal.

Good joke. Maybe more mods should listen to the whole album?
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-germs-grief/

Anyway, that's ridiculous when such experimental metal bands being judged by the mods, who prefer another metal genres.
_________________
Last.fm user? Try this application.

Top
 Profile  
Fulgurius
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm 
 

In Ketten was restored after some discussion among the mods.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 pm 
 

Gelordum wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
Germ is post-punk with screaming. Not metal.

Good joke. Maybe more mods should listen to the whole album?
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-germs-grief/

Anyway, that's ridiculous when such experimental metal bands being judged by the mods, who prefer another metal genres.

It's certainly borderline. I for one wouldn't mind much seeing them accepted. We're currently looking into the band.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Gelordum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
It's certainly borderline. I for one wouldn't mind much seeing them accepted. We're currently looking into the band.

Thanks for your answer, Azmodes.

Tim Yatras is a very talented and notable musician, just check with how many bands he has played. And if it is a borderline, so maybe Germ can be accepted as a side-project exception? But it really sounds like a metal, maybe unusual, but metal :)
_________________
Last.fm user? Try this application.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3553
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 pm 
 

I'm afraid he's not notable enough in the global metal community for his music to qualify as an eligible side-project, mate... that's been discussed before.

The good news is that Germ doesn't have to meet the side-project rule... I and six other moderators agreed that "Grief" was acceptably metallic.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:39 am 
 

Famous band, probably been discussed to death, I know, but is there a mod consensus on the deletion of Disattack or was that just you-know-who? I always found their demo much too metallic to be considered purely hardcore.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 am 
 

It's thrashy/metallic alright, but sounds mostly like crust/hardcore punk to me.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
sastans30
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm 
 

When I sent the first time, my band "Golden River", I forgot to put the information release etc.. So moderation put it blacklisted. Please this band exists and is in full swing to launch the full album. Take it from the blacklist so that I can resend it.

Follow the links on the cover of the demo, and the site to listen and download the songs:

Cover: http://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/ ... 5.jpg?2856
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/golden-river
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPoCPQD4j8

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:55 pm 
 

You didn't forget anything. I rejected and blacklisted it because it's borderline blackgaze stuff situated on the wrong side of the spectrum.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Lich Coldheart
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:44 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:53 am 
 

Why was the band Lacrimosa rejected ?

The early material is Darkwave and, according to the rules, the band deserves to be rejected. But the later material is Symphonic Gothic Metal, which means that Lacrimosa accomplishes all the required conditions to be posted on Encyclopaedia Metallum. As a proof, I will give you the link to the DarkLyrics' page of Lacrymosa (only metal bands are allowed on that site), a link to Wikipedia which prooves that Lacrimosa has at least an album which is entire Gothic and the YouTube links of all those songs. I hope Lacrimosa will be permitted to be posted here, in the metal archives.

Dark Lyrics :
http://www.darklyrics.com/l/lacrimosa.html

Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sehnsucht_(Lacrimosa_album)

Songs :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENRf7Igpx80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b12JHsFx510
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJg4aLUNKKc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVrRFTFpfM8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVu0Mke90lY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbiqBapocI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XepqG2yOKrw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWsWEZ7B_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12jyV_SnH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNqaKri55TA

6th of November 2013 --> written by Lich Coldheart, now submitted in the correct thread.

Top
 Profile  
metalbunny
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:52 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Ecuador
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am 
 

Hey guys...

I've been posting several times waiting an answer about APOLOGEOS. This band was rejected due to metal archives said they don't have physical release but i've already posted photos about it...
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26 ... 2fd067.jpg
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26 ... 6f5611.jpg

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:31 pm 
 

metalbunny: As I recall, the last rejection was because we needed samples to listen to. I see you provided the full album in an earlier post and it was overlooked. I'll download it and check. EDIT: Restored.

As for Lacrimosa, I'll check that album, though I doubt it's going to be acceptable.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
BC_Blade
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Posts: 186
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:18 pm 
 

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Any evidence this was ever distributed publicly in sufficient quantities?"


Killing Cycle: no I have no real evidence that their demo was released in mass. I do remember Morton saying at one time or another, that they "passed tapes out like candy in high school" (I remember this quote vividly), just nothing to show for the memory. The message board conversation has long since been deleted, otherwise I would have included screen caps as further evidence.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:43 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
As for Lacrimosa, I'll check that album, though I doubt it's going to be acceptable.

Yeah no, when it does get heavier it's just symphonic/gothic rock with heavy guitars.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm 
 

BC_Blade wrote:
This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Any evidence this was ever distributed publicly in sufficient quantities?"


Killing Cycle: no I have no real evidence that their demo was released in mass. I do remember Morton saying at one time or another, that they "passed tapes out like candy in high school" (I remember this quote vividly), just nothing to show for the memory. The message board conversation has long since been deleted, otherwise I would have included screen caps as further evidence.

Hmmmm alright, you can resubmit.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1251
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:57 pm 
 

Lich Coldheart wrote:
Why was the band Lacrimosa rejected ?

Dude, Lacrimosa is NOT Metal. Whenever they do release a full album that sounds like "Copycat", then yes, they will be accepted.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:10 pm 
 

You consider "Copycat" metal? That's the same type of riffing Kiss use on the Creatures of the Night album. :P
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 548
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
You consider "Copycat" metal? That's the same type of riffing Kiss use on the Creatures of the Night album. :P


Dude, Kiss is totally metal. They've been rockin' corpsepaint since 1972.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

Top
 Profile  
BC_Blade
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Posts: 186
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
BC_Blade wrote:
This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Any evidence this was ever distributed publicly in sufficient quantities?"


Killing Cycle: no I have no real evidence that their demo was released in mass. I do remember Morton saying at one time or another, that they "passed tapes out like candy in high school" (I remember this quote vividly), just nothing to show for the memory. The message board conversation has long since been deleted, otherwise I would have included screen caps as further evidence.

Hmmmm alright, you can resubmit.

Resubmitted

Top
 Profile  
A_Dangerous_Meeting
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:46 am 
 

It's been 3 years since NECHOCHWEN was rejected from being submitted. Based on the rules, it makes perfect sense. The first album was entirely acoustic. The second one had metal songs along with acoustic songs. But it was predominantly acoustic and that seemed to be the focus. That said, their most recent album "OtO" needs to be considered. While there are acoustic songs, the heart of this is metal. Listen:

Bandcamp: http://bindrunerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/oto

NECHOCHWEN belongs on the archives. Not just because these guys are entitled to be because they're both veterans of some killer metal bands but because they've grown (and continue to grow) more metal with every release since they were initially submitted. If you don't put them up now, I don't know how you won't have them up by their next album.

Listen to the songs on "OtO". Not just one minute into an acoustic song before dismissing the entire thing as "not metal". This is epic fucking metal. The glorious riffs from around 2:18 to the end on "Pekikalooletiiwe" are enough evidence. Not just the shredfest or soloing. The impact of these riffs. Or the pummeling dirge on "He Ya Ho Na". These are the large bodies of work on this album - even given the shorter acoustic songs introducing the record. I get that this band is unconventional in the sense that they're always holding two flags proudly. But honestly... is this not what great bands always do well? Strive for this balance and aesthetic? This stuff is epic, heavy and proudly metal at its core.

Top
 Profile  
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 7302
Location: Innsmouth
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:26 am 
 

I just listened to the whole thing and in no way is this a predominantly metal release. Two thirds of the songs were entirely folk with zero metal riffing whatsoever. The band will remain on the blacklist until they release something that's predominantly metal-oriented.
_________________
Lippyass Major wrote:
Getting a band inked into your skin permanently is always a sign of dedication and intelligence, and I have a lot of respect for the people who do it.


COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 281  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EpicSceptic, Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group