Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
RobVR
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
RobVR wrote:
Hello... I can not understand why you didn't approve the Gore Grind band Fecal Addiction...

Dude, as the resident goregrind lover/expert here, I can attest that your band's music es percussive noise with no real metallic riffage structure.


Buddy I think you didnt listen to tour músic... I don know where is the Noise and the non metal riffs... We have 2 guitars and 1 bass. Drums are clean and 0 noisy... please reconsider this... Why MA includes banda of our genre like Fecalizer and Paracoccidioidomicosis.... I think that Fecal Addiction hard work and prifessionalism must be recognized... Heres another song... listen to it and enjoy tour Gore Grind

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utWO5fAW0RM

Live performance
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGCQVbesK1 ... GCQVbesK1M

Top
 Profile  
HellbornDeathBrandon
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:07 am
Posts: 3
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm 
 

I suppose I could but they're just burnt cds. Most of the output for the thing is all digital through reverb; hence why I just sent the link for that. Is that a problem?

Top
 Profile  
aloof
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 311
Location: In the graveyard, doing handstands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:42 am 
 

Fulgurius wrote:
Are you special or something? Nobody is copy/pasting anything, there are standard preset messages, from which the mod chooses one when rejecting the submission. Your submission fell into the "no valid release" category, so there was no need for any additional explanation. Also, you either didn't bother to read the rules about the valid releases, or simply ignored them when you wrote "poorly produced and instrumental, but deemed an "album" by the band" (by the way, where did you get that it's deemed an album by the band? Bandcamp treats everything as an "album"). It's up to submitter to fill as much fields as possible, including discography, lineup, and links. And you didn't add any of these, the bandcamp link was in submission notes, not in the "Related links" section, so no one would see it after the band is accepted.


Azmodes wrote:
aloof, the problem with the submission is simply that it was another one of those Bandcamp-trawling perhaps-this-is-just-about-enough attempts. Silly genre aside, not a lot of effort and (seemingly) thought was put into it and the release itself looks rather unacceptable, maybe okay and oscillating a nanometer above and beneath of what is acceptable, if you catch my drift.

I've made a rather huge post about this particular issue earlier this year. What it boils down to is that the digital full-length guideline is there for a reason. Stop constantly testing the lower bounds of the digital release rule with barely acceptable is-it-a-demo-or-is-it-a-shitty-EP releases.

Please.


okies, thanks both for your replies. since I respond a little bit better to reason than threats and insults (which could be down to me being "special", though I think it's more of a universal trait), I'm gonna go with Azmodes'...

I'm not "testing the lower bounds of the digital release", in my ("special") head I am trying to contribute to the site's completeness. I don't(/didn't) think that checking a band on the submission queue is/was such a hassle, and generally I don't dispute the rejections, as long as there's a clear reason given, so I can educate myself on how submissions work. sincere apologies if my recent rejected submissions caused such a problem.

also, I keep my submissions minimal lately on purpose... once I had submitted a "full" draft of a band that got rejected, and got told off by a mod, as I had added all band members, guests and session musicians (all of whom were already on M-A), "creating" extra work for him. I'll see what I do from now on.

for future reference, how does the digital release combine with the release status? for.ex, if a band releases (digitally) a very poor recording (due to either aesthetic choice, or limited skills) but label it a "debut album", shall I consider submitting it, or would it be a pain for you mods? does the length weigh on that at all, like make it considerable if it's an hour long, as opposed to "just over 20 mins"?

thanks again.
_________________
And every demon wants his pound of flesh, but I like to keep some things to myself.

Top
 Profile  
Mythics
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am
Posts: 332
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:16 am 
 

After trying to add the Portugese "Rainha Cólera" to the archives:

Quote:
Sorry Mythics, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Rainha Cólera (Portugal), for the following reason:

This is pure noise.


Could the statement above be clarified a bit? Yes, it is raw, chaotic and mostly improvised but still is follows certain lines and compositions in a similar concept to the other bands belonging to the Black Circle from Portugal. Also, in which way is it different from, for example, the material from Mhnunrrn or Alkmorhilyion? : )

Please note that this is not criticism, I just like to know out of interest : )



Also, why is Tune of the Skies blacklisted? : )
_________________
I didn't want any flowers, I only wanted
to lie with my hands turned up and be utterly empty.
How free it is, you have no idea how free
the peacefulness is so big it dazes you.
- Sylvia Plath

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:19 pm 
 

Yolo69 wrote:
I just found that Zirt is not in the metal archives and then I saw in the forum that it's blacklistened...I wonder why, it's mostly traditional depressive/atmospheric black metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVUl08Jub1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mws54fYG9cM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBeP8iZFL4

Good metal riff, distorsion and atmospheric stuff is all that I hear, sounds similar to other similar bands that are in the archives.

I hope you can ask my question, thanks a lot ;)

Sure sounds like ambient to me. Not much actual metal there. Weird that you "just found out" since you were already given an answer about your band a few months back. ¿Crees que somos idiotas?

RazorDick wrote:
About Demented Assault, I meet the guitarist recently at a court house, didn't get his contact info but I did ask if they had physical demos and he said yes they sold them at shows and I asked him if I could buy one he said that he didn't have any more but if I really wanted it to go to Purevolume for it that one of the demos was up for download. I should have asked how many they made/sold, but I do know they distributed their demos at live shows. They have been broken up for a few years now so I don't think they are still selling the demos or else I would offer a better scan of the demo.

Hm, alright. You can resubmit.

Mythics wrote:
After trying to add the Portugese "Rainha Cólera" to the archives:

Quote:
Sorry Mythics, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Rainha Cólera (Portugal), for the following reason:

This is pure noise.


Could the statement above be clarified a bit? Yes, it is raw, chaotic and mostly improvised but still is follows certain lines and compositions in a similar concept to the other bands belonging to the Black Circle from Portugal. Also, in which way is it different from, for example, the material from Mhnunrrn or Alkmorhilyion? : )

Please note that this is not criticism, I just like to know out of interest : )



Also, why is Tune of the Skies blacklisted? : )

There isn't much to clarify. It's noise. No metal structuring, no riffs. Never heard those two bands you mention, but if all their material is similar to this then they should be nuked ASAP.

Tune of the Skies is blacklisted because it's "experimental guitar ambient stuff with black metal influences."
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:47 pm 
 

aloof wrote:
I'm not "testing the lower bounds of the digital release", in my ("special") head I am trying to contribute to the site's completeness. I don't(/didn't) think that checking a band on the submission queue is/was such a hassle, and generally I don't dispute the rejections, as long as there's a clear reason given, so I can educate myself on how submissions work. sincere apologies if my recent rejected submissions caused such a problem.

We are thankful for you trying to add to the site's completeness. I know frustration can abound from a user perspective, especially with the sometimes hazy digital release guidelines. Obviously nobody's day was ruined by your submission, but you also have to see it from our perspective. There's dozens of digital-only submissions coming in every week, a good portion of them either unacceptable or infuriatingly dodgy, and we have seen a (predictable) tendency to probe the formulated guidelines to their absolute limit and beyond. This need not always be intentional, of course. You're a good user AFAIK, so I don't believe there was any malice or laziness/point-whoring behind the submission. But the appearance and tone of your Wizard Lizard draft didn't really help your case, Fulgurius is right.

Quote:
also, I keep my submissions minimal lately on purpose... once I had submitted a "full" draft of a band that got rejected, and got told off by a mod, as I had added all band members, guests and session musicians (all of whom were already on M-A), "creating" extra work for him. I'll see what I do from now on.

He or she would have had good reason for the rejection. If you think the rejection was unjustified, then you know where to post. As for the tone of the rejection... well, see the above, sometimes the work tries our patience. If someone is needlessly rude, though, please do "report" it by contacting an admin or one of the owners.

What you say doesn't make much sense, though, since rejecting a more complete/detailed submission doesn't entail any extra work at all. Maybe you misunderstood something?

Quote:
for future reference, how does the digital release combine with the release status? for.ex, if a band releases (digitally) a very poor recording (due to either aesthetic choice, or limited skills) but label it a "debut album", shall I consider submitting it, or would it be a pain for you mods? does the length weigh on that at all, like make it considerable if it's an hour long, as opposed to "just over 20 mins"?

That's difficult to say, generally speaking. It would really depend on multiple factors like cover art, distribution, length, exact nature/style of the music, production, etc... Length does play a role, but if it's just an hour of rehearsal recordings thrown together then it won't make much difference. It's really something that needs to be judged case-by-case. As with borderline bands, though, if you're not really sure yourself, perhaps it's best not to submit.

Dunno, I don't want to reiterate everything I wrote in the lengthy post I linked earlier. I think I covered it pretty well there. This thread might also contain some answers.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 127
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:27 pm 
 

Azmodes, I just resubmitted Demented Assault.

Top
 Profile  
RobVR
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:31 pm 
 

Up...
Alhadis wrote:
RobVR wrote:
Hello... I can not understand why you didn't approve the Gore Grind band Fecal Addiction...


Buddy I think you didnt listen to tour músic... I don know where is the Noise and the non metal riffs... We have 2 guitars and 1 bass. Drums are clean and 0 noisy... please reconsider this... Why MA includes banda of our genre like Fecalizer and Paracoccidioidomicosis.... I think that Fecal Addiction hard work and prifessionalism must be recognized... Heres another song... listen to it and enjoy tour Gore Grind

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utWO5fAW0RM

Live performance
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGCQVbesK1 ... GCQVbesK1M


Last edited by RobVR on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 pm 
 

Don't up your post if it's still on the same page... Be patient.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Detsomengangvar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 pm 
 

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVUl08Jub1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mws54fYG9cM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBeP8iZFL4

Good metal riff, distorsion and atmospheric stuff is all that I hear, sounds similar to other similar bands that are in the archives.

I hope you can ask my question, thanks a lot ;)
Sure sounds like ambient to me. Not much actual metal there.



Hmmm, maybe Zirt should not enter, sounds ambient, but if Zirt is rejected then Equitant and another electronic projects should be deleted as well.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Equitant/71186

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:52 pm 
 

Go away.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
aloof
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 311
Location: In the graveyard, doing handstands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:17 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Quote:
also, I keep my submissions minimal lately on purpose... once I had submitted a "full" draft of a band that got rejected, and got told off by a mod, as I had added all band members, guests and session musicians (all of whom were already on M-A), "creating" extra work for him. I'll see what I do from now on.

He or she would have had good reason for the rejection. If you think the rejection was unjustified, then you know where to post. As for the tone of the rejection... well, see the above, sometimes the work tries our patience. If someone is needlessly rude, though, please do "report" it by contacting an admin or one of the owners.


I wasn't challenging the rejection, merely explaining why I don't "fill out" my band submissions and usually only include info in the moderation/submission notes...

Azmodes wrote:
What you say doesn't make much sense, though, since rejecting a more complete/detailed submission doesn't entail any extra work at all. Maybe you misunderstood something?


could be I misunderstood sthg, though I was made to think that because I had added all the musicians (who were already in other bands, and consequently on M-A) in the album line-ups, he had to remove them from those albums, etc. before rejecting/nuking the band. is/was that not the case? I obviously don't know how things work from the moderators' end.

thanks for your words, as usual :)
_________________
And every demon wants his pound of flesh, but I like to keep some things to myself.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:27 am 
 

aloof wrote:
could be I misunderstood sthg, though I was made to think that because I had added all the musicians (who were already in other bands, and consequently on M-A) in the album line-ups, he had to remove them from those albums, etc. before rejecting/nuking the band. is/was that not the case? I obviously don't know how things work from the moderators' end.

Ummmm, no. No such thing is necessary. If the artists are part of listed bands, then the relation won't show up once the band is rejected and the submission will be purged completely after a while. If the artists aren't connected that way, then as orphans they'll be purged in a similar fashion. In either case, a simple rejection does the trick no matter if there's a thousand artists already in the database or none.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
aloof
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 311
Location: In the graveyard, doing handstands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am 
 

ah, ok. I guess he might have been a bit exaggerating then... but no worries. I'll file better (or at least fuller) submissions from now on :)
_________________
And every demon wants his pound of flesh, but I like to keep some things to myself.

Top
 Profile  
drengskap
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:27 pm
Posts: 28
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:23 am 
 

drengskap wrote:
I just tried to add an entry for Bird of Omen (USA), a side project of Monument of Urns, who have an entry, but was told that the band was blacklisted. Can anybody tell me why this is? Bird of Omen is more melodic and less doomy than Monument of Urns, but it still sounds like metal to me, and to this Aquarius Records reviewer:

http://aquariusrecords.org/bin/search.c ... N%20Eulogy

(note the comparisons to Earth and Skepticism)

There are also two physical releases available, so I'm not sure why this band should have been excluded from MA. I'm not going to worry about this like a dog with a bone, I'm just curious.


Azmodes wrote:
The blacklist says it's ambient/drone. Please provide song material from the release for us to listen to, if you disagree.


The Aquarius Records site has just posted excerpts from the second Bird of Omen release, What Was Once There Is Now Gone:

http://aquariusrecords.org/bin/search.c ... 0OF%20OMEN

May I draw your attention in particular to the excerpt from the second track? Certainly sounds like doom metal to me.

Top
 Profile  
delcev903
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Macedonia (FYROM)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am 
 

Can this go to the archives (Band: GEARS, Country: Macedonia (fyrom)). They are blacklisted probably because of the demo but they released full-lenght which basicly is metal. Its kind of metalcore with huge melodic death metal and groove influeces...

They released album early in 2013 through Sixtynine records and also whole opus is available for download on their bandcamp profile.
here is their cd on merch list for buying (scroll down): http://www.sixtyninerecords.org/merch/

hear these samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... E76oR_IOKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... aR5e_YtsG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 9rZb76zVSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... _EAaJfBBWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVXCtHhIok

99 percent on the full-lenght are melodic death/metalcore, and one song that is more into cheezy metalcore..What do you think????


Last edited by delcev903 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 903
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:43 am 
 

Selene (Northern Ireland) was rejected for not being metal. I think it could be because I placed the wrong link into my submission.

This should have been the correct link:
Selene Bandcamp

There's also a trailer for the album here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OURApyPqocw

If that was the issue, let me know and I'll resubmit, as I have all the info still saved on my draft.
_________________
Osmium wrote:
And I'm sure old Adolf never meant anything bad when he rounded up those Jews. Nice try, Hitler.

Napero wrote:
Say hello to Baby Jesus for me when you don't meet him after you die.

Top
 Profile  
GasGiant
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:00 pm
Posts: 11
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 pm 
 

Oops, my bad. I received this response to my submission of DRUIDUS and their tape "Bestial Crust":

"I'm afraid that the release is too short to be considered a valid digital release. The last track is a cover, and does not count."

But this here release is in fact a physical media release. A cassette released by Till You Fukkin Bleed.

Hope that helps. If not, no big and thanks for the amazing database.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1290
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:42 pm 
 

Please, resubmit with pictures of that tape IMMEDIATELY!
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Rodyx
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 pm 
 

hello I try to submit the project Forgotten Sorrow of Costa Rica, first was reject because ¨needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site¨so I resubmit with that information corrected and for my surprise is rejected by Not to be a metal band.In metaltracker,darport,metalarea,etc is treated like a Depressive ambient Black metal.¿What is the problem?

http://forgottensorrow.bandcamp.com/tra ... -la-lluvia

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3574
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:07 am 
 

Yeah, see, the problem with a lot of depressive black "metal" bands is they don't even fucking riff. Proper DSBM bands play long, drawn-out riffs that still sound like traditional black metal, just played at a languishing tempo. Then there's bands that just play the same chord over and over for 15 minutes while growling into a microphone. That's not metal. That's ambience.

Trouble is, there's enough DSBM bands who love shoegaze/ambient that these bands are promoted on metal sites to DSBM lovers, generally labelled as "DSBM" based purely on the presence of vocals or programmed drums... :rolleyes:
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:13 am 
 

drengskap wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
The blacklist says it's ambient/drone. Please provide song material from the release for us to listen to, if you disagree.


The Aquarius Records site has just posted excerpts from the second Bird of Omen release, What Was Once There Is Now Gone:

http://aquariusrecords.org/bin/search.c ... 0OF%20OMEN

May I draw your attention in particular to the excerpt from the second track? Certainly sounds like doom metal to me.

Unless the excerpts are really misleading: First track is ambient/drone. The second track has a certain funeral doom quality to it, with the drumming and some heavy guitars coming in, but in the larger context of the band's musical output this isn't enough. We have one unacceptable release and one release divided between unacceptable and borderline (provided those two streams make up all the songs found on the EP). So in conclusion, Bird of Omen would need to put out a consistently metal release (preferably a full-length). Feel free to bring them up again once that happens, but the facts at this point suggest the band is a non-metal act taking some influences from metal and thus not acceptable.

GasGiant wrote:
Oops, my bad. I received this response to my submission of DRUIDUS and their tape "Bestial Crust":

"I'm afraid that the release is too short to be considered a valid digital release. The last track is a cover, and does not count."

But this here release is in fact a physical media release. A cassette released by Till You Fukkin Bleed.

Hope that helps. If not, no big and thanks for the amazing database.

That's a pre-order. Please wait until November 4th before you resubmit.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Melancholy Beast
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 am
Posts: 4
Location: Bangladesh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 am 
 

Hello there,

my one band submission was rejected twice due to my lack of proper way to submit and as IT said that this band sounds more ambient than metal. now today i have edited everything nearly perfectly and was about to submit again but then i have noticed that it says the band have been blacklisted. would u be please kind enough to review my submission and think again if its ok to be on Metal-Archives? i know it had already been blacklisted but still im saying this because past 2 times my submission had lots of flaws and my understandings.And this band is surely not more ambient than metal.i can not agree to that term.so please i want u to look at the submission again. thank u.

here is the link of my draft : http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mou ... 3540351761

here is the link of my profile : http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Melancholy%20Beast

Sincerely
Melancholy Beast

Top
 Profile  
Kanoj
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:30 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
 

Hello, I'm just wondering what makes 'Totalt Jävla Mörker' not metal. Sounds pretty metal to me. Some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyyRj2yB2qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7AKkD50jwo

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:08 pm 
 

Kanoj wrote:
Hello, I'm just wondering what makes 'Totalt Jävla Mörker' not metal. Sounds pretty metal to me. Some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyyRj2yB2qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7AKkD50jwo

Crust/hardcore punk. Some metal dressing from what I know, but it's not predominant. Feel free to prove me wrong with a consistently metal release, though.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm 
 

delcev903 wrote:
Can this go to the archives (Band: GEARS, Country: Macedonia (fyrom)). They are blacklisted probably because of the demo but they released full-lenght which basicly is metal. Its kind of metalcore with huge melodic death metal and groove influeces...

They released album early in 2013 through Sixtynine records and also whole opus is available for download on their bandcamp profile.
here is their cd on merch list for buying (scroll down): http://www.sixtyninerecords.org/merch/

hear these samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... E76oR_IOKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... aR5e_YtsG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 9rZb76zVSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... _EAaJfBBWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVXCtHhIok

99 percent on the full-lenght are melodic death/metalcore, and one song that is more into cheezy metalcore..What do you think????

Looking into it.

TheStormIRide wrote:
Selene (Northern Ireland) was rejected for not being metal. I think it could be because I placed the wrong link into my submission.

This should have been the correct link:
Selene Bandcamp

There's also a trailer for the album here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OURApyPqocw

If that was the issue, let me know and I'll resubmit, as I have all the info still saved on my draft.

Can be submitted now.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:39 pm 
 

I'm just going by a single song, but Protest The Hero has a new album coming out. It sounds like technical/progressive power metal... with metalcore vocals, and some metalcore here and there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMc0Hb-d ... r_embedded

I remember when they were listed here with a genre of "Progressive Power Metal / Metalcore" or something like that. It was that weird genre amalgamation that I even checked them out. Haven't bothered with them in a while but this song is pretty neat and it's about saving dogs from the government. If the new album is like this song, at least to my ears, it ought to be metal enough for the Metal Archives.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8609
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 pm 
 

I was gonna listen to the new album anyway since I do like PtH but "progressive power metal"? wat. And going by a single song? Come on, you should know better after your Max Cavalera cock sucking crusade, the album leaked so at least listen to it.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1290
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
...you should know better after your Max Cavalera cock sucking crusade...

That's the actual, proper name for that previous action.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 pm 
 

I don't post in this thread that much, and I figured that track would be good enough to start the discussion on Protest The Hero. Eh. Also, I don't like penises, I certainly wouldn't put my mouth near one... o.o
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1290
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm 
 

Dude, seriously, WHERE the hell is the Prog/Power in there!? Are you genredeaf (as in musically "colourblind")?
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:23 pm 
 

The part around 3:20 reminds me of power metal, as well as the riff at 3:45.

It's generally the leadwork and clean vocals as well.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8609
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 am 
 

Ok, I'm midway through the album and unless the 5 other songs are influenced by Awaken the Guardian and Symphony X, Goatfangs is utterly talking out of his ass. It's perhaps their most progressive album with hints of Dreamtheaterisms (hence metallic elements) but it's still rooted in math/metalcore. You could also argue they're a "gothic" band since there's some clean female vocals in many songs. Come on.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 am 
 

"Progressive power metal" o_O

You're less reliable than a broken clock, please don't waste our time.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:54 am 
 

Remember when Protest was on the Archives back in the day with some woefully incorrect genre like "Melodic Progressive Speed/Metalcore"? *wistful nostalgia*
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Hoth - Oathbreaker

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6376
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:41 am 
 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Dude, seriously, WHERE the hell is the Prog/Power in there!? Are you genredeaf (as in musically "colourblind")?

Didn't he also assess that early technical death metal was proto-djent?
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 am 
 

delcev903: You can submit Gears.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
cats
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:35 pm 
 

Any verdict on Epta Astera yet?

Top
 Profile  
Melancholy Beast
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 am
Posts: 4
Location: Bangladesh
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm 
 

Hello there,

my one band "Mourning Hours" submission was rejected twice due to my lack of proper way to submit and as IT said that this band sounds more ambient than metal. now today i have edited everything nearly perfectly and was about to submit again but then i have noticed that it says the band have been blacklisted. would u be please kind enough to review my submission and think again if its ok to be on Metal-Archives? i know it had already been blacklisted but still im saying this because past 2 times my submission had lots of flaws and my understandings.And this band is surely not more ambient than metal.i can not agree to that term.so please i want u to look at the submission again. thank u.

here is the link of my draft : http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mou ... 3540351761

here is the link of my profile : http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Melancholy%20Beast

here r some audio links to listen to if they sound more ambient than metal or not : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139Q18kr-9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEoC-32Qey0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frb_YtHLU_s

Sincerely
Melancholy Beast

Top
 Profile  
immortaltriumph
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 3:04 am
Posts: 2
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:23 am 
 

Sorry guys! I have a question: I was waiting for my band to be submitted on the archives (I saw that someone created the profile and was in the band queue) but after some days I found out that the band has been blacklisted. I just want to know why or if it is possible to recreate the profile: the band is called Human Improvement Process, plays experimental death metal, has a full length album and two EPs out; here is a link to the last lyric video to proof that the band can be considered absolutely more metal than core. Thanks for you attention, I'm waiting for some explanations ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KRo5KMU7EM
_________________
Defending the throne of Evil!

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 285  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group