Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
stonedOUTbeyond
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 am
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:59 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
stonedOUTbeyond wrote:
I just want to try and Submit, Goatlucifer, this band actually has more than one valid release and are available for purchase as well, but i understand why it has been blacklist, but i believe it shouldnt be anymore, i believe this was an error.


Do you have evidence for a valid release?



yes they do
TAPE:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=494481160624674&set=pb.298242783581847.-2207520000.1377629379.&type=3&theater

tapes can be purchased here
http://mutationsprod.bandcamp.com/album/the-nekrorder

CompilationCd:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=400336303399261&set=a.400336283399263.1073741828.324987740934118&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=400336373399254&set=a.400336283399263.1073741828.324987740934118&type=3&theater

Music for Purchase on Bandcamp:http://goatlucifer666.bandcamp.com/album/the-nekrorder

Top
 Profile  
MachineGunnarXZ
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm 
 

What is the reason that the band "Suicide Silence" is banned/blacklisted?

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 11661
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 pm 
 

cause they never were metal, aren't metal now, and most likely never will be considered metal.
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
aenemenate
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 am 
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312Sb-2PovA
This one is pretty metal if you ask me.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8463
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 am 
 

Not considered metal by the site, not gonna change and it's obviously been asked before.

End of discussion.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
aenemenate
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 am 
 

aenemenate wrote:
I tried to add a band from Sacramento, CA called Bispora. They are a progressive metal band with two releases, and aren't a faggot metalcore band by any stretch of the imagination. I'd appreciate if it was removed from the blacklist.
>https://www.facebook.com/Bispora


Can anyone help with this?

Top
 Profile  
Cursarion
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:56 am
Posts: 641
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am 
 

^ The blacklist says mathcore, so considering you call them progressive metal (the two are mixed often), chances are the blacklist is accurate. Also, their Facebook page doesn't look promising:
Quote:
Influences: Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Scale the Summit, The Red Chord, Infected Mushroom, Bulb, A Life Once Lost, and so on.


The note is old though, so maybe someone checks the band at some point.
_________________
Known as RonimuZ from Nov 25th 2005 to Oct 28th 2013

Empä mie semmone ou niiku sie luulet

Top
 Profile  
aenemenate
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 am 
 

They have a music player on there, why not just listen to it? Their first EP is less riffy, but you can't say their album "The Pineal Chronicles Phase 1: Furtherance" isn't metal.

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 126
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:25 pm 
 

Hello, Machete Dildo was rejected... I was trying to get ahold of the members but they don't reply. I think they have other releases other then the demo I listed just I only found two other videos saying that the songs are from an album called "From Beyond"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNuCDPC ... ata_player
In info on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IKWAM7 ... ata_player
This video says they released album in 2012.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 pm 
 

RazorDick wrote:
Hello, Machete Dildo was rejected... I was trying to get ahold of the members but they don't reply. I think they have other releases other then the demo I listed just I only found two other videos saying that the songs are from an album called "From Beyond"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNuCDPC ... ata_player
In info on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IKWAM7 ... ata_player
This video says they released album in 2012.


We need either proof of a physical release or a current digital release. It's hard to take the description of a YouTube video and call it sufficient evidence of a release. It was only 2012, so likely it won't be that hard to find if it exists.

Top
 Profile  
ThaurUmarth
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:02 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:20 pm 
 

My request for Bloodlash from mexico was rejected. I think that was b/c of my lack of experience, I wasn't quite sure where to add the link to the EP. But here it is, as a digital release.

http://bloodlash.bandcamp.com/

Download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9xwx69k0lrzkr81

Top
 Profile  
Sciera
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:44 am
Posts: 169
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm 
 

The problem is, this EP is too short for a digital only release to be accepted. So we need a proof that it was also released on CD or tape or vinyl to accept it.
I see the band wrote last December "Pronto, EP físico" but no real proof that it was really released in that form in the meantime.
Btw, this links should have been added into the "Submission notes".

Top
 Profile  
MachineGunnarXZ
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:41 pm 
 

aenemenate wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312Sb-2PovA
This one is pretty metal if you ask me.

exactly, suicide silence is an amazing band

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2104
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm 
 

Amazing ≠ metal. It's not like we only keep bands here that we think are good.
_________________
            
TrogDawn wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002. You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5083
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 pm 
 

MachineGunnarXZ wrote:
aenemenate wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312Sb-2PovA
This one is pretty metal if you ask me.

exactly, suicide silence is an amazing band


You can love the band all you want, but it won't make them metal.

Look, I like deathcore plenty, I listen to bands like Shadow of the Colossus and King Conquer and Boris the Blade and Impending Doom and whatnot of my own volition, but not all of these bands are definitively metal. This is the METAL Archives, not Bands That Are Kinda Metal Sometimes or Borderline Heavy Archives. Suicide Silence is a borderline case, and yes, there is definitely metal involved in their sound. But if you can link a song like that and say that that is the sound that should get them reinstated, you are simply showing a lack of understanding as to what this site considers metal. That is a pure nu metal/beatdown hardcore song with like, one melodeath riff in the middle. That song is exactly as acceptable as Nickelback.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than this: none of the staff here will deny that there is metal influence in Suicide Silence's music, but it is not the driving force behind it. Heaviness certainly is, but heaviness alone does not make metal. Non metal bands can indeed write heavy songs (see: the infamous Sum 41 song), and sometimes all of their songs can be heavy and yet never be fully metal (see: every hardcore band that ever existed). The fact that I'm going in depth with this answer at all is almost insulting because it's been beaten to death so many times but I just have to say my peace on it this one last time. I hate to sound super snobby here, but calling for the inclusion of Suicide Silence at this point just shows, to me, a lack of education of the subject of metal. So really, to anybody out here, next time you want to know why a very well known band isn't allowed here, take a look around, listen a bit, read the conversations, research and learn and explore. The answer will be made clear in time.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW/RANT: Game Over - Burst Into the Quiet/General rant about thrash metal

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2104
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm 
 

It's also worth noting that, if anything, Suicide Silence started with the most metal influence on The Cleansing and then started losing more and more metal riffs (and quality) as time went on, to the point where The Black Crown was basically nu-metal with deathcore breakdowns. If you were ever going to form a case for their inclusion (and please, don't), you basically chose the worst part of their discography to base any attempts to make one.
_________________
            
TrogDawn wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002. You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:24 pm 
 

Suicide Silence are not metal, even if their singer met his fate while hell bent for leather.

"There's many who tried to prove that they're faster
But they didn't last and they died as they tried"


Not metal. Not up for debate. No more posts about that band.

Top
 Profile  
Cubo de Sangre
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:08 am 
 

To whom it may concern,

I attempted to enter a new release on your site and it popped up as blacklisted. The band is Bitch Witch from Spain. I certainly understand how they skirt the edges of metal, however I don't understand their exclusion from this resource. It should be easily agreeable that the band's aesthetic is metal. For example:

Image

I checked the site and I see you have Discharge, which this band is influenced by. There is a bit of kitchiness to the whole thing, and that I attribute to the female part of the shtick. To me this has metal all over it, albeit not exclusively. I would kindly ask that it be reconsidered and allow this band/release into the database. I intend my label a metal label and it never once occurred to me this band wouldn't fit into any metal crowd, or biker bar for that matter. :)

Thanks.

Here's the opening track: http://bitchwitch.bandcamp.com/track/mother-crust
Here's me releasing the album: http://www.cubodesangre.com/

Top
 Profile  
EmanueleT
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 am
Posts: 1
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 am 
 

Hi!

The band THE SHIVER from Italy has been rejected because you say they aren't a metal band.
Try to listen their music on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y2iWlazNS8
If they are not a metal band, also Lacuna Coil aren't a metal band ehehehe!

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8420
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:35 am 
 

EmanueleT wrote:
The band THE SHIVER from Italy has been rejected because you say they aren't a metal band.
Try to listen their music on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y2iWlazNS8
If they are not a metal band, also Lacuna Coil aren't a metal band ehehehe!

If you take a look at Lacuna Coil's page, and pay some attention to the genre tag, you'll see that we actually agree on Lacuna Coil not being metal any more. They are here on account of their earlier works, which I suspect of being borderline, too.

That was a rather useless argument, in other words. And one that should not be used.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
hexen
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 am
Posts: 9
Location: Egypt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:54 am 
 

dust666 wrote:
dust666 wrote:
There's this local band that has just released a full-length digitally. It's blacklisted. It's definitely a really borderline case, but I think the new album should be checked out: http://cityscapedrawninblackink.bandcamp.com/


So... any conclusion on this?


Anyone get this? I am just curious - did someone mix this up with another band? Besides having an EP, this is as brutal death metal as it gets.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 548
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 am 
 

hexen wrote:
dust666 wrote:
So... any conclusion on this?


Anyone get this? I am just curious - did someone mix this up with another band? Besides having an EP, this is as brutal death metal as it gets.


Continuously posting about a band, in the same week especially, is not going to make the staff answer faster, and will likely draw there ire. This is common sense.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 126
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:04 pm 
 

About Cerebral Deterioration, I talked with the only original member and he changed the story about the demo at first he told me that they had made about 30 CDr's when I met him at the show. I got in contact with him and he said that they lost the songs when the computer crashed but they got to upload it to YouTube before that happened so they didn't make the demo but they had intended to distribute it. He did mention that they would be re-recording those songs with the new line up so when they officially release their demo I will be resubmitting. And about Machete Dildo I'm currently trying to get ahold of them to ask questions about their releases

Top
 Profile  
STToma
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 am
Posts: 3
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 pm 
 

Hi!

I don't understand what is the problem with the band Kylfingar. Yes, their first EP is only 16 minutes long, not 20 but it's an official free mini-album. It contains EP versions of three songs from their upcoming album, not rough mixes or rehearsal versions etc. I added the link of it to prove, it's a download site, yes, but it's the official upload, uploaded by the band itself. You can check it on their FB page and in many webzines where they published the news about the band. It's a free material and for promotional uses for everyone.
They will release their first full-length album in September with the title "Halhatatlanok" but I didn't add it because there's no official info about the tracklist, the label and the exact release date.

I got it that the main problem was the album length but many bands release a short EP first and they can be found in Encyclopaedia Metallum (even if they have only this short material - I've seen many times). I worked much with the band profile adding every little details, so I don't want to start building from the base when their first album is out...

Top
 Profile  
Sciera
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:44 am
Posts: 169
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 pm 
 

@STToma: The problem is that it seems to be a digital only release. Please read our rules - they are a bit stricter when a band has only released their songs digitally, and for those 16 minutes just isn't enough.
If this EP was also released physically then give us a proof for that. Else wait until the full-length is out.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5083
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:58 pm 
 

hexen wrote:
Anyone get this? I am just curious - did someone mix this up with another band? Besides having an EP, this is as brutal death metal as it gets.


Wait, did you get this mixed up with another band? Because if this is brutal death metal, I'm a three armed astronaut named Porky.

Sounds like post rock type stuff with distortion and screaming, I haven't gone through the whole thing but it's certainly not looking good. I can preemptively say this isn't going anywhere.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW/RANT: Game Over - Burst Into the Quiet/General rant about thrash metal

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2104
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
hexen wrote:
Anyone get this? I am just curious - did someone mix this up with another band? Besides having an EP, this is as brutal death metal as it gets.


Wait, did you get this mixed up with another band? Because if this is brutal death metal, I'm a three armed astronaut named Porky.

Sounds like post rock type stuff with distortion and screaming, I haven't gone through the whole thing but it's certainly not looking good. I can preemptively say this isn't going anywhere.

He's talking about this band that he keeps posting about (he quoted the wrong post): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2307345#p2307345

That band doesn't seem acceptable either, though, considering that every song besides that one that he immediately linked sounds like chug-ch-djent-chuuuug-djent.
_________________
            
TrogDawn wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002. You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange

Top
 Profile  
STToma
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 am
Posts: 3
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 am 
 

@Sciera: I've read the rules, it says: "Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)" - "preferably" means don't have to be over, it's just better if the EP's longer. The other options are fulfilled.

They also published another track, the title-track of the full-length album - it's not on the EP but with it they have more than 20 minutes of music (if the length is so big problem).

By the way I added the official press release info and link of the EP to the "prove section". I hope it'll be enough.

Top
 Profile  
Cursarion
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:56 am
Posts: 641
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:12 am 
 

^ You've read the rejection message, which has a slightly different wording.

Rules wrote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.


Note "Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this", and also from later section in the rules:

MODERATOR DISCRETION APPLIES
_________________
Known as RonimuZ from Nov 25th 2005 to Oct 28th 2013

Empä mie semmone ou niiku sie luulet

Top
 Profile  
attilaslaytanic666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:28 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Zambia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am 
 

To Azmodes (he knows full well what this is):

https://myspace.com/soullessband/music/songs

http://www.science-of-disorder.com/inde ... e-soulless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TYx6k77eeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRaZ4YBy4BE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpEebhC4E_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYCTp0mxx0

Top
 Profile  
SvalbardDave
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 am 
 

Ixtaukayotl wrote:
EntilZha wrote:
Here, I'll make it bigger for you so that it maybe penetrates that thick skull of yours:

Witcher wrote:
Now, you have been told the decision, so please stop.



I wont decide it, this is a problem?

I will contact the admin... are you a moderator?


I am a moderator and I have told you that the band does not fit our rules. There is nothing to do about it, you will have to respect it.


=============================================================================


Yeah... Just don't bother arguing with the moderators and/or admins. It does absolutely no good. Even when they break their own rules, it just happens. They break their own rules all the time, but the thing to remember is that it's not so much the rules that are the highest authority, it's the people who made the rules.

Based on the whole "global distribution" stuff, there are already THOUSANDS of entries that should be immediately omitted. So, it's not the rule, it's the rule-maker. The case is closed, so best just accept it and move on.

Top
 Profile  
Sciera
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:44 am
Posts: 169
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:31 am 
 

"global distribution"? I guess you should read our rules again. The only part of it affected by "global distribution" is the special rule concerning side projects - and afaik there aren't even thousand side projects in our database, so we can't omit thousands xD

And well, you are wrong: If we mods make mistakes and later notice, we correct them, we don't just leave them there, since we do follow our rules as far as possible.

But you are right: Arguing with us is pointless - at least if you don't have any good arguments that are based on facts.

Btw, your post would be much easier to read if you'd use the quote-feature for these quotes.

Top
 Profile  
SvalbardDave
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:52 am 
 

Sciera wrote:
"global distribution"? I guess you should read our rules again. The only part of it affected by "global distribution" is the special rule concerning side projects - and there aren't even thousand side projects in our database, so we can't omit thousands xD

And well, you are wrong: If we mods make mistakes and later notice, we correct them, we don't just leave them there, since we do follow our rules as far as possible.

But you are right: Arguing with us is pointless - at least if you don't have any good arguments that are based on facts.

Btw, your post would be much easier to read if you'd use the quote-feature for these quotes.


You mean like this? Yes, I agree. It would've been. I should remember this for all future times, although, I don't wish to jump into a 200+-page discussion just to throw in a solitary comment.

On "global distribution", I gotcha. I missed the part about side projects. I don't really follow the rules of submission TOO closely for one main reason: I've never submitted anything but reviews. Oh, I did submit one once, which was strictly an online digital purchase. It's a shame because it was kick-ass metal and to date the guy hasn't done anything else. But beyond that one time, I'm only chasing down groups I already know, or, trying to find out why a certain group isn't here. It's really REALLY hard for me to believe that I would be the first one suggesting x (group submission) on a website of many many users. So, based on that, the little bit about side projects escaped my awareness! :-)

Occasionally I find myself frustrated with the attitudes of some of the mods/admins when it comes to this topic, because some bands that have been in the MA and suddenly disappear, seemingly not so much because of "a rule" but because of the whim of whoever is examining the entry. I had a long argument with one mod who deleted an entry, but it was obvious that he hadn't really listened to anything by the group, because he kept comparing the group to the sounds of these other bands, and the comparison would change each time he brought it up. It's the air of superiorism, mostly.. but then again, maybe that attitude evolved as a response to a veritable onslaught of dumb questions? Who knows. But it sorta strikes me as being a bit contradictory to call this "ENCYCLOPAEDIA Metallum" when it's not very "encyclopedic". My opinion is that it should be all-encompassing, even if we think nu-metal blows donkey schlong, or what have you.

The bottom line is the mods are in control and that's the way it'll stay. At least we HAVE a forum in which we can discuss these things. I think there oughtta be a database of "rejected submissions" and maybe a simple alphanumeric code representing the reason for deletion/rejection along with the date of dismissal. If we can query it, it might be very helpful to reduce the number of confused people... LOL (as if)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:58 pm 
 

Uhm, who are you again and why are you commenting on a post that's over three years old? I suspect you had a bad run-in with Witcher once that needlessly escalated. He has been gone now for over two years and most of the current staff is/was as unhappy with his conduct as you seem to be. If you'd be more specific about bands falling prey to moderator whim and make a case for them here, maybe we could help you and/or clarify some things. Some goes for any staffers you think are breaking the rules. Talk to us, don't just make vague accusations.

Also, we do have a small database of rejected submissions. It's called the blacklist. Users can query it inasmuch as they are informed that a band they want to submit is blacklisted. They can ask for the reasoning for each band in this very thread. Indeed, you'll find many answers to the exclusion of many bands via the search function for this subforum.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5593
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:22 pm 
 

On another notes, since there seems to be quite a build-up of unanswered band inquiries and before anyone starts quoting themselves again... nobody is getting ignored. I will try to deal with all questions eventually.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Norfrisianblackmetal
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:11 am
Posts: 7
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:51 pm 
 

Why is Annorkoth still not on MA?

The Last Days (2013) is absolutely a Black Metal album and the have physical releases too.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1251
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
 

Norfrisianblackmetal wrote:
Why is Annorkoth still not on MA?

According to the blacklist, it's dark ambient. Care to provide links to reevaluate?
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
SvalbardDave
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:04 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Uhm, who are you again and why are you commenting on a post that's over three years old? I suspect you had a bad run-in with Witcher once that needlessly escalated. He has been gone now for over two years and most of the current staff is/was as unhappy with his conduct as you seem to be. If you'd be more specific about bands falling prey to moderator whim and make a case for them here, maybe we could help you and/or clarify some things. Some goes for any staffers you think are breaking the rules. Talk to us, don't just make vague accusations.

Also, we do have a small database of rejected submissions. It's called the blacklist. Users can query it inasmuch as they are informed that a band they want to submit is blacklisted. They can ask for the reasoning for each band in this very thread. Indeed, you'll find many answers to the exclusion of many bands via the search function for this subforum.


Who am I? I'm nobody important, really. I am a registered user who only posts album reviews on a whim. I'm not nearly active enough so as to be the first to suggest an addition. It was on a whim that I checked on certain really obscure bands/albums, found them there one day and gone the next, and on a whim that I brought it up to a mod. It was more than two years ago, for sure, and it could've been Witcher. It wasn't really that bad of a run-in. If it needlessly escalated, it was only because I challenged his reasoning for deletion. I had read the FAQ about "why is (band) not in MA?" and similar threads having to do with addition/deletion only passively, because, again, I don't suggest either addition or deletion much at all. So, of course, it seemed at first like it was on a whim that he had deleted the band to begin with.

Why am I commenting on a post that's over three years old? Well, it's still active. :) I will be more thorough in the future, but it was really only on a whim that I decided to enter the discussion now. If it came to adding a band that was once here and then deleted, I don't know how I'd access all that band info again. :) I really didn't want to make vague accusations so much as to say that the rule-maker can revise the rule, so go by the rule-maker rather than just the rule itself. I'll be looking up that blacklist! :)

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1251
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:13 am 
 

There's no way for regular users to see the blacklist. It's for staffers only.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
sheakima
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:40 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 am 
 

Hello everybody.

Just stopping by to quickly ask about the reason of blacklisting the german (in my opinion Heavy Metal-)band "Sunset Steel". I've been trying to submit said band and have been warned about the band being blacklisted.

Afterwards, I have read the rules, FAQ and part of this thread to gain an impression of blacklisted/rejected bands. Still, in this particular case I think the blacklisting is questionable. Sunset Steel is a (to be honest only locally known) Heavy Metal group from Cologne, Germany with two demos (no one-track demoes, the second one for example is 8 tracks/40 minutes long) physically released. I can absolutely imagine the rejection happened in context with the bands Miami Vice/80s-like imagery and color scheme displayed on the website/demo cover artwork and so on. Still, looking at the parameter that truly matters (the music), I would have to put it into the category Heavy Metal. In my opinion, the music doesn't warrant a Hard-/Sleaze-/Glam-Rock labeling that the artworks might suggest (if that indeed happened to be the reason for the blacklisting).

For an impression, this is a track off the most recent demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqncRh-NlA
If needed, I could rip the entire demo and upload it for a moderator.

For proof of the existence of the demoes, I would suggest this "Band of the Week"-Review from a german metal blog, which focuses on the second demo:
http://totgehoert.blogspot.de/2012/08/b ... steel.html
(Since the band's range is only local, the only available external information is written in german language)

Furthermore, gig pictures (proving the existence of the band itself) / news and comments on the releases of the two demoes can be retrieved on the timeline of the bands facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunset-S ... 2865094907

Any type of response would be appreciated.
Respectfully,
Thomas

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 281  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tlacaxipehualiztli and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group