Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Post new topic Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm
Posts: 122
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
GuardAwakening wrote:
ANOTHER moderator (not Derigin) unblacklisted them because he felt that they were metal enough due to recent releases to be given another shot meaning they were blacklisted before, so nice try.

Hmmm, who? And where?


It's Alhadis. He said he would have no part in the judgement of the band's metalness, but unblacklisted them because they released new "more metal" material since the time they were blacklisted to which I created a page for them.

Top
 Profile  
GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm
Posts: 122
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:

:ugh: Slike the Cake was clearly not metal.


"Clearly not metal"... that utterly confounds me...

> heavy riffs inspired by death metal
> growled vocals
> progressive elements inspired by Opeth, and BTBAM (even though BTBAM are not on this website, still) and even in some cases Dream Theater (listen to Fractal Exam Sequence past the soft intro)

How the hell is that "clearly not metal"? A lot of people thought it was drop dead absurd that this band was rejected for "not being metal". And also even if the opinion of moderator's of "not being metal" is there, wouldn't the band still warrant the side project rule due to their bassist being a part of a band on this site? Jack Richardson was a part of Aeternitas http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Aet ... ab_members it just seems so inconsistent for Slice the Cake to not be allowed to be on here, yet bullshit like As Blood Runs Black can be. :roll:

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm 
 

GuardAwakening wrote:
> progressive elements inspired by Opeth, and BTBAM (even though BTBAM are not on this website, still) and even in some cases Dream Theater (listen to Fractal Exam Sequence past the soft intro)

For what it's worth, I'd like to say here that "progressive elements" are not intrinsically a part of metal. This is what I think a lot of djent proponents don't get - they call djent "progressive metal", but they cite the progressiveness as reason that the band is metal, not the riffs (because there usually are none, dohohoho). "Progressive" tendencies in and of themselves don't make a band metal, and in fact it might be more accurate to think of Opeth as a death metal band whose overall metal formula is diluted by non-metal progressive parts.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3490
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:52 am 
 

GuardAwakening wrote:
It's Alhadis. He said he would have no part in the judgement of the band's metalness, but unblacklisted them because they released new "more metal" material since the time they were blacklisted to which I created a page for them.

GA, you were so doggedly insistent that the new material was more metallic, and parts of the music you linked me too sounded like it *could* have been a newer direction, I decided to unblacklist them to give you a chance to prove their "metalness".

I DID, however, firmly warn you in advance not to get your hopes up. :p Bands coming from a -core background don't just magically become metallic overnight, and there was a reason I left it to other mods to judge the band's "newer, more metallic direction" (which, as I now understand, was djust djent).
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1173
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 am 
 

In any case, GuardAwakening, you gave received negative opinions from five different staffers. It would be wise to lay the matter to rest and go on with your life.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 120
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 am 
 

Image

Here is the email from D. Butcher who used to play in Terminal Existence :]

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Dweller of the Styrian Depths

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5118
Location: Graz, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 pm 
 

WeirdAlexis wrote:
Hi, I got the rejection mail for Ghostfather. I totally understand the staff of MA might consider the music not "metal enough", however there are several reviews that put the album into metal categories. If you don't mind checking them out.

• Metal Impact (France) => Melodic Heavy Metal
http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?n ... nt&id=4299

• Pavillon 666 (France) => Modern Metal
http://www.pavillon666.fr/chronique-metal-5943.php

• Power Of Metal (Denmark) => Heavy Keyboard Oriented Metal/Rock
http://www.powerofmetal.dk/reviews11/gh ... review.htm

• Perfect Prog (Mexico) => Heavy Metal/Hardrock
http://www.perfectprog.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=88

• Lords Of Metal (Holland) => Prog / Sympho Metal
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p ... 00&lang=en

Thank you for your time.

We don't really care about what other sites say, we check the music itself, by ourselves. Most of these descriptions are dubious tags anyway. "Modern metal" is a meaningless term often misused for rock bands, "Melodic heavy metal" is often just hard rock, two others are paired with a rock descriptor, etc... From what I'm hearing on their website it's borderline maybe, but I kinda agree with the rejecting mod, heavy/melodic rock with metal influences.
_________________
taufan99 wrote:
I think just because the band is not metal in the least bit shouldn't make the band not approved as a metal band.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Dweller of the Styrian Depths

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5118
Location: Graz, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 pm 
 

Broodking wrote:
Hello!
I tried to add the progressive metal band Distorted Harmony from Israel and received a notification that the band was blacklisted.
I would like to understand why and appeal the decision, seeing that I find the band no less metal than bands such as Riverside.
Here are some songs to back my plea:

-Blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoE7GqWOBsc

-Misguided:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wac1LG2CLsA

-Utopia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wac1LG2CLsA

I've listened to the entire album and talked to another mod about it. It's metal enough, the band can now be submitted.

EDIT: I've added it myself now.
_________________
taufan99 wrote:
I think just because the band is not metal in the least bit shouldn't make the band not approved as a metal band.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 120
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
 

Can I resubmit Terminal Existence? :)

Top
 Profile  
XcKyle93
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 236
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 am 
 

Can someone once again give me a reason why Terracide was rejected? They have a very well done digital release, which is only 3 tracks long and about 13 minutes. When I say well done, I'm not referring to the quality music; I'm referring to the production. It's evident that all of the money they could have put towards a physical release was put into producing this EP, which is okay for me. I was told that, considering this is their only release, this is too short. I went on my merry way, but then I've begun to realize that there are many bands on this website who maybe have one hard-to-find demo released in the early 1990's, sometimes with no track lengths accompanying them.

For example, there is also a black metal band called Terracide that is actually on this website that has only one demo released, two tracks. Only 25 copies of this demo were released. Why is a band like that acceptable, yet the band I submitted is not?

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2278
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 am 
 

We treat our guidelines for what's acceptable differently for physical and digital releases. Digital releases have more strict guidelines. It's in the rules.

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 120
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 am 
 

Hello, I got another email from D. Butcher that's more detailed then the snapshot I put here, but its to long for a snapshot to capture the whole email. If needed I can forward it to a moderators email. So...can I resubmit, Terminal Existence, now that I have provided pictures of the physical CDs and an email verifying the releases?

Top
 Profile  
Tsvetoslav
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 am 
 

Hello, I wanted to make a profile for a bulgarian band called Mneme today, but the site wouldn't let me, because it said they were blacklisted. I think this is a mistake since they are 100% true metal and they do have two valid releases. Can someone help me?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Dweller of the Styrian Depths

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5118
Location: Graz, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:23 am 
 

Tsvetoslav wrote:
Hello, I wanted to make a profile for a bulgarian band called Mneme today, but the site wouldn't let me, because it said they were blacklisted. I think this is a mistake since they are 100% true metal and they do have two valid releases. Can someone help me?

Can you provide proof for those releases? Are they physical or digital?
_________________
taufan99 wrote:
I think just because the band is not metal in the least bit shouldn't make the band not approved as a metal band.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
God of shadows
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:32 am
Posts: 22
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am 
 

When I tried to add Ovid's Withering I saw they were blacklisted. I don't think it is because of them not being "metal enough", since they sound like Make Them Suffer, Carach Angren and Fleshgod Apocalypse(and all of them do exist here, if I remember right), but I do think it may be because they didn't have a valid release.
They do got one now, which is the EP "The Cloud Gatherer", which one can buy here http://ovidswithering.storefrontier.com ... atherer-CD
If you want proof in picture also, where could I send them? And all of the songs on it are originals, btw, and here's the songs on the EP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpAYuo4NYz8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hHJc5XX1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLbL1p7o28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ3sg7wNlXA
Label: Subliminal Groove Records http://www.subliminalgroove.com/bands/ovidswithering/

If they still doesn't won't be accepted here, could you then please explain why to me?

Top
 Profile  
Tsvetoslav
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:57 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Tsvetoslav wrote:
Hello, I wanted to make a profile for a bulgarian band called Mneme today, but the site wouldn't let me, because it said they were blacklisted. I think this is a mistake since they are 100% true metal and they do have two valid releases. Can someone help me?

Can you provide proof for those releases? Are they physical or digital?

They are both digital, but I thought the archives' new policy accepted that. One of the releases can be found on youtube and soundcloud.

Top
 Profile  
XcKyle93
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 236
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 pm 
 

Derigin wrote:
We treat our guidelines for what's acceptable differently for physical and digital releases. Digital releases have more strict guidelines. It's in the rules.


Right, so obscure and poorly produced black metal from the early 90's that wasn't meant to be heard apart from a few people (hence the 25 copies) is a valid addition to the metal-archives because they put out those 25 shitty cassette tapes, but a metal band that audibly put a lot of time and money into producing an EP that's widely available via the internet is not because it's only 3 short-to-medium length tracks (hence the EP part) is not. Makes perfect sense.

Oh well, when (if) Terracide is able to raise enough money to release a physical album, I guess I'll just re-add them then.

Top
 Profile  
scumfuckg
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Serbia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm 
 

Will you please approve the band The Evil One? It was submitted 20 days ago. It is very much a metal band, and is very active. First it was rejected, then additional proof of the PHYSICAL release was provided, (photos of the CD with cover art) along the link for a facebook page with 3 songs. You are approving bands submitted much later (including bands with no location and no year of creation). I read all your rules and I know all the criteria. There is not a single reason for you to ignore or reject this band again so please approve it then.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1173
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm 
 

All bands are checked in due time. Please have patience.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
maxy666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:35 pm 
 

I make the profile from the band Agrion Splendens (Post-Metal) and was rejected because "not a metal band". I dont understand.. this band looks like cult of luna, pelican, battle of mice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN4VIAaVBOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2mEdbTMeA4

Top
 Profile  
TheExodusAttack
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 am
Posts: 1734
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm 
 

I'm wondering if Nails can get unblacklisted in light of their new album Abandon All Life. They're a grindcore band that always had death metal influences and their new stuff is even more extreme. More metal riffing, more blasting, a much more intense vocal approach, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHSkjKB_MwQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4UaEmH5XM

Also, the slower songs have these giant crushing riffs that bring to mind midpaced black metal, like Celtic Frost or old Darkthrone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iis8Jvv5WaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq8ZS5Ymq6U (the intro/outro riff to this song is a lot more epic than something just a hardcore band would do)
_________________
casusluciferi666 on Meshuggah wrote:
No, they are not djent. Djent is deathcore meets Meshuggah ripoff, ie shit. Don't you dare use such blasphemous words to describe Meshuggah.
Varth wrote:
I am getting pissed thinking about all the dumbass fake punk my sister made me listen to

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 242333 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8082
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 pm 
 

I heard this album as I like Nails, and this is more hardcore/grind with some metallic elements (but not enough to be included here, same thing for Xibalba too). Pretty great band sure, but not a metal one.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm - New reviews: Mansion, Serpent Warning, Opium Warlords & Ningen-Isu ALL DOOM! ALL THE TIME!
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Prominence
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm 
 

I understand that Soul Cycle was rejected for "being djent". In the case of their second album I completely agree, but their entire debut full-length consists almost entirely of powerful instrumental progmetal, with hardly any suggestions toward djent (a few riffs here and there). Everything from song structure to production to guitar tone is distinctly metal on I. I personally hate II, and view it as a perfect example of djent ruining metal. Regardless, I really think it deserves a spot in the archives, especially considering it would've been accepted without discussion if "I" contained growled vocals.

Sample track from I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQE5scfZ4FA

Top
 Profile  
Homer_Nava
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 5
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 am 
 

I just submitted a band and it was rejected, I have the demo tape and added all the info based on it (logo, photo, and song titles), what is missing? I've seen bands with less info in M.A.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3490
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 am 
 

Homer_Nava wrote:
I've seen bands with less info in M.A.

Yeah, so? They were all accepted because their submitters provided the rudimentary proof. For Dethroned Empire, I thought my reasoning was pretty clear:

In my rejection message, I wrote:
How did you come across this band? How was the tape distributed, where did you find it? We need information on the demo, as well as song samples - do you have a link to a 'zine review or interview that describes the music and band history, or something?
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
illuminatrix
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 pm 
 

Hello,

I just tried to submit the band Edenfall (gothic doom from the UK), but they are blacklisted, and I'm not sure why. They just released an album available on iTunes, Amazon, and Spotify, and physical copies are available (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/edenfall). For music samples - https://soundcloud.com/edenfall-music

Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 242333 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8082
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 pm 
 

They were rejected because of their lack of metalness.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm - New reviews: Mansion, Serpent Warning, Opium Warlords & Ningen-Isu ALL DOOM! ALL THE TIME!
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
illuminatrix
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am 
 

I'm not looking to argue; I am curious; why are they not metal enough? What genre would you consider them to be?

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 242333 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8082
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am 
 

I never heard them, but they were blacklisted by one of the admins and I trust his judgement. You can post some songs here if you really want.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm - New reviews: Mansion, Serpent Warning, Opium Warlords & Ningen-Isu ALL DOOM! ALL THE TIME!
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Thexhumed
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 460
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 am 
 

Why isn't Body Count in the Archives? some of their songs are pure thrash/crossover

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3490
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 am 
 

Some, yeah. We need a band to possess a consistently metallic album before they can be accepted.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1173
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 am 
 

Thexhumed wrote:
Why isn't Body Count in the Archives? some of their songs are pure thrash/crossover


And most of them aren't. That band rocks, nevertheless.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
MonoVolador
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:10 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 am 
 

Yes, just want to know why the band Violenzza Domestica was rejected? I think they got the enough metalness over experimental sounds they do. Their first EP is kinda avant-gardish, with black metal guitars and sounds, and second EP is more metal. I don't know, what you say?
1st EP: Violenzza Domestica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMY-Ee9CT0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2qcprBI1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AMaNYZF_ig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShvqK1HWk-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9PXZ83K5sw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuErAegpL2c
2nd EP: Los Hemisferios del Vacio (What I could find on YouTube).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJn_myvGzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkwvSC5Rnr0

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1173
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 am 
 

Checking it later.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on Acrobat's opinion of Gene Hoglan wrote:
Fuck you Acrobat! You are an enemy of metal!

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 242333 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8082
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 am 
 

Lol, no way, I rejected that, this was clearly not metal.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm - New reviews: Mansion, Serpent Warning, Opium Warlords & Ningen-Isu ALL DOOM! ALL THE TIME!
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Antimatzist
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:14 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am 
 

Blood Atonement got rejected: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blo ... 3540361617

But they really release this demo-CD. I don't have access to it at the moment, but.. well, yeah.
http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/535885

Top
 Profile  
illuminatrix
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:20 am 
 

Metantoine wrote:
I never heard them, but they were blacklisted by one of the admins and I trust his judgement. You can post some songs here if you really want.


https://soundcloud.com/edenfall-music - Thanks, it would be great to get a second opinion.

Top
 Profile  
sagfish
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm 
 

hi there,
it appears that there is a band called Dusk from Canada which has been black listed.
i am attempting to add DUSK (also from Canada) a new drone/black metal act that started up this year to the website
as far as i know they aren't the same band and i was wondering if we could work something out

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Dweller of the Styrian Depths

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5118
Location: Graz, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm 
 

sagfish wrote:
hi there,
it appears that there is a band called Dusk from Canada which has been black listed.
i am attempting to add DUSK (also from Canada) a new drone/black metal act that started up this year to the website
as far as i know they aren't the same band and i was wondering if we could work something out

The Dusk on the blacklist was put there earlier this month for being non-metallic drone. I doubt that's another band.
_________________
taufan99 wrote:
I think just because the band is not metal in the least bit shouldn't make the band not approved as a metal band.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
sagfish
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
The Dusk on the blacklist was put there earlier this month for being non-metallic drone. I doubt that's another band.



was it this band, i should have put the link in earlier
http://dusktheband.bandcamp.com/

and if so, okay :D

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 268  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group