Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2902
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm 
 

Hey guys, is it ok to add Caladan Brood now? I know the official release date is still a day away but I can confirm Northern Silence have been shipping the pre-orders from the weekend and it is now also available to buy in the shop http://shop.northern-silence.de/ . I stupidly tried to add them in January without thinking only to be corrected by Azmodes. Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
dreadful35
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 pm 
 

This isn't as much of a complaint or objection as it is a question of clarification.

My band Sassu Wunnu was denied because lack of valid release, I'm assuming because I submitted our digital-only demo, which I now more clearly understand is not preferred/generally accepted. I was reading through the rules about band submissions and happened across this quote.

"Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this."

I was wondering if my submission was rejected because the material we have digitally released is considered a demo, basically. I'm aware that it is clearly stated that it must be a full length, so I guess that I had figured that had more to do with length than whether or not it's actually considered a full length release or a demo. So I guess that's my question. Is something like this judged by length of release and quality of release, or what the release is considered? I believe this could have just as easily been labeled as a full length, meeting the roughly 30 minute of original material requirement, but we don't consider it entirely representative of our current sound, so we didn't feel it deserved full length status. A band's sound changes, that's not something new, but it's no reason to not release material that has already been recorded.

Also, would further proof that the band is a real band possibly help our cause? I could send a couple of links to help in that case. A review of the band from a magazine and maybe some show flyers/pictures to show that we've played live before? I know those aren't necessarily what you are looking for, but I included in the band submission notes that copies of the demo were to be handed out at shows, so I figured proof that we've played shows might help in that regard.

Would any of this help? Or would you just rather we wait until we have a full physical release out. I know that's preferred, but is it possible to get the band on the site with some more evidence that we are in fact an actual band, and not some half-hearted project? One last thing, and thank you for reading as much as you have. I understand re-submission is not something that should generally be done, at least that's the vibe I get from the rules, so will there be any prejudice against the band because of a previous rejection?

Top
 Profile  
invocator2k
Forum enforcer

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 am 
 

Tried adding the Italian band 'W.O.M.P.' (aka Watts of Music Power) and got the "band was blacklisted" message.

Tried searching here for the reason why they were rejected and did't get any search results for WOMP, Watts of Music Power, and can't search using the "W.O.M.P." term, I get a weird message about the search keyword being too short.

I got their 1995 CD a while back and they're definitely metal. Style is a bit erratic at times, but it's some sort of weird technical power/thrash.

http://utenti.multimania.it/WOMPband/ (their web site or a fan page, is awful but ... info is there)
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/222539

No idea if their latter releases are in a much different style, but "Madness Manipulators" definitely qualifies. Can upload samples somewhere if needed.
_________________
Trade list:
viewtopic.php?t=33585

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1429
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 am 
 

invocator2k wrote:
Tried adding the Italian band 'W.O.M.P.' (aka Watts of Music Power) and got the "band was blacklisted" message.

Tried searching here for the reason why they were rejected and did't get any search results for WOMP, Watts of Music Power, and can't search using the "W.O.M.P." term, I get a weird message about the search keyword being too short.

I got their 1995 CD a while back and they're definitely metal. Style is a bit erratic at times, but it's some sort of weird technical power/thrash.

http://utenti.multimania.it/WOMPband/ (their web site or a fan page, is awful but ... info is there)
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/222539

No idea if their latter releases are in a much different style, but "Madness Manipulators" definitely qualifies. Can upload samples somewhere if needed.


Maybe you could upload some of it on youtube? Sounds interesting.

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1421
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 am 
 

http://archive.org/details/iuma-womp_wa ... usic_power

Here's one of their songs, apparently not from the CD, though.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1429
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 am 
 

Thanks. Still, it would be nice with some samples from that particular cd you think warrants the band a spot in the database.

Top
 Profile  
TheNecromancer
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:36 pm
Posts: 65
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 am 
 

I'm struggling to see why Caladan Brood was blacklisted as they're pretty much exactly the same as Summoning who are on the site, obviously.

https://soundcloud.com/caladan-brood/ec ... bum-teaser <<< teaser of their new album, the CD being released February 15th.

Page on Northern Silence with release date and editions: http://www.northern-silence.de/files/ca ... echoes.htm

Also, buyable here: http://shop.northern-silence.de/sites/g ... 0#det15514

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 am 
 

TheNecromancer wrote:
I'm struggling to see why Caladan Brood was blacklisted as they're pretty much exactly the same as Summoning who are on the site, obviously.

https://soundcloud.com/caladan-brood/ec ... bum-teaser <<< teaser of their new album, the CD being released February 15th.

Page on Northern Silence with release date and editions: http://www.northern-silence.de/files/ca ... echoes.htm

Also, buyable here: http://shop.northern-silence.de/sites/g ... 0#det15514

Read here, they were blacklisted because people kept submitting them before the release date. If the album is indeed released now, then they should be removed from the blacklist.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2902
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 am 
 

TheNecromancer wrote:
I'm struggling to see why Caladan Brood was blacklisted as they're pretty much exactly the same as Summoning who are on the site, obviously.

https://soundcloud.com/caladan-brood/ec ... bum-teaser <<< teaser of their new album, the CD being released February 15th.

Page on Northern Silence with release date and editions: http://www.northern-silence.de/files/ca ... echoes.htm

Also, buyable here: http://shop.northern-silence.de/sites/g ... 0#det15514


Haha check my post on up the page ;) Indeed they could not be added due to not having a release out yet, this is part of the MA rules and something I had forgot all about in January, but as I previously stated they should be good to go, just have to wait for a mod to give the ok. I have the cd sitting at home now!

Top
 Profile  
TheNecromancer
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:36 pm
Posts: 65
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am 
 

Ah, good stuff, sorry for not reading the thread. Going to wait for the LP version, superb album, but I guess here isn't the place for that discussion.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6098
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am 
 

Caladan Brood can be submitted now.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6098
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:52 am 
 

dreadful35 wrote:
This isn't as much of a complaint or objection as it is a question of clarification.

My band Sassu Wunnu was denied because lack of valid release, I'm assuming because I submitted our digital-only demo, which I now more clearly understand is not preferred/generally accepted. I was reading through the rules about band submissions and happened across this quote.

"Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this."

I was wondering if my submission was rejected because the material we have digitally released is considered a demo, basically. I'm aware that it is clearly stated that it must be a full length, so I guess that I had figured that had more to do with length than whether or not it's actually considered a full length release or a demo. So I guess that's my question. Is something like this judged by length of release and quality of release, or what the release is considered? I believe this could have just as easily been labeled as a full length, meeting the roughly 30 minute of original material requirement, but we don't consider it entirely representative of our current sound, so we didn't feel it deserved full length status. A band's sound changes, that's not something new, but it's no reason to not release material that has already been recorded.

I didn't reject it, but, essentially, yes, it's more of a demo and not what we'd consider a proper digital release. You even say that it contains older songs that don't really represent your sound anymore and were now put on Bandcamp for anyone interested. It's debatable, of course, "demo or full-length?" is difficult to judge sometimes, but in this case I feel that whatever this is isn't enough by itself, no matter the length. It's not what we would consider an intended, reasonably professional online release. There's also no real cover art, just the band name with "Demo 2013" white-on-black. We don't only consider the sheer length of a release but also how a band presents that release. This whole thing is moot, however, if you -as you claimed- are about to hand out physical copies at shows. Simply resubmit once you've distributed your first copies (with photos of CDs included) and there will be no problem or headscratching about whether this is an acceptable digital-only band. ;)

dreadful35 wrote:
I understand re-submission is not something that should generally be done, at least that's the vibe I get from the rules, so will there be any prejudice against the band because of a previous rejection?

Well, "prejudice" implies some kind of unreasonable, unfounded partiality towards the band, so no, of course not. We will however take the band's "history" here into account, so if there have been suspicious going-ons then we're of course twice as vigilant, but if they are acceptable then it will get approved just the same. There is nothing wrong with resubmission if the band submitted (now) fits the rules.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2902
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Caladan Brood can be submitted now.


Thank you Azmodes, added. Not sure why but it would not let me upload the album art from the computer here in my work for whatever reason?

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1421
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm 
 

Helvede wrote:
Thanks. Still, it would be nice with some samples from that particular cd you think warrants the band a spot in the database.


I was just trying to help the dude out. I don't really care about the band much, myself.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6098
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm 
 

No reason given for W.O.M.P., but as Helvede said, samples from that particular CD would be great. Upload them or email them to me and/or Helvede, whichever you prefer, invocator2k.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2217
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm 
 

This is more of a curiosity, but has there been any discussion at all among the moderators on the topic of Mnemic's most recent two albums?

On their first three albums, I've seen them get described as borderline. Probably too much modern influence. The question isn't about them, it's about their most recent two albums which after doing a search in this particular sub-forum yielded pretty much nothing on the topic. In fact, no posts mention "Mnemesis" and while I did bring up Sons of the System back when it was released in January, 2010, there seems to be no response relating to that album either. Unless a response was made that does not contain the word "Mnemic" in the text.

I think while they retain that modern metal sound on Mnemesis and Sons of the System, specifically industrial death metal with an atmosphere meant to invoke something futuristic. On one song there is a slight nod to Meshuggah's jazz fusion side with a very spacey guitar solo. In a way, the term "future fusion metal" is quite accurate in that regard, even if that's not what their actual genre is. Industrial melodic death metal, atmospheric industrial death metal, industrial death/groove metal (though I think the groove metal label is redundant for industrial metal bands since industrial metal is inherently 'groovy' to begin with).

I think this song is pretty indicative of their general sound on the album Mnemesis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpTfXrBhsk

And here is a song from Sons of the System:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEixe1NHyng

There's heavy death and industrial metal based riffing throughout both songs. I'll await both the opinion on the metalness of those songs or the answer to the question if the albums were in fact previously discussed, but in a forum not searchable by the populous.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5502
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 am 
 

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Good lord, no.

Serious answer: I'm only vaguely familiar with early Mnemic, but if that song was indicative of the new album (I checked out one other song, "Valves" and my opinion hasn't swayed), then there's still precisely zero chance of them qualifying. Groovy, djenty riffs with whine vocals and the occasional sample? There were some parts that even reminded me of my nu metal days. Sorry, but this is absolutely still not going to cut it.

I don't mean to sound condescending here, but really, if a relatively well known band still isn't here, and their new albums may be kinda heavier but nobody's brought them up, it's probably because they still don't qualify. You're well known for the Soulfly crusade, which finally ended when they released a fully metal album, but since then I've seen you vouch for well known bands like BTBAM and now Mnemic (I think Kittie was you back in the day, though I could be wrong, and I apologize if I am). All I can think to say is: Dude, give it a rest.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2217
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 am 
 

The question was more about if the albums were discussed, even though no one has previously brought them up. I see your point though, the new albums haven't been brought up before probably because people come to the same conclusion the moderators do. Though I could have sworn what I was hearing was metal with a modern flare, it could be from listening to too much Meshuggah, Sybreed, Cypecore, Emergency Gate, Dawn of Memories to name a few. Not that I'm comparing Mnemic to those bands, but the futuristic atmosphere of those bands were probably similar enough that I associated what I was hearing from Mnemic to be generally metal because it evoked the same futuristic atmosphere, if I'm making any sense at all.

I remember the first time I heard 1000 Funerals and I do recall bringing them up way back when they only had Portrait of a Dream. It evoked the same atmosphere as other funeral doom bands and that's why I felt they were metal enough, even though guitars are only used on two out of five songs. The band was later added after Butterfly Decadence, where there is a total guitar presence (and a pleasant surprise to boot).

I did ask about Kittie, and got a response from Morrigan. Kittie's most recent album has melodic death metal elements but Morrigan thought it wasn't metal enough. That answer is satisfactory until the next Kittie album, which could probably be the one to tip the scales in metalness. I'm only guessing what could be based on how they performed when I saw them live last Spring. They certainly played a lot of the death metal based songs, and while some songs had clean singing I didn't hear anything that struck me as 'mallcore' - conversely, I did see them several years before. I left that show early because I was bored, and they did lots of nu-metal stuff back then. Sometimes a shift in a band's sound can be heard before the album comes out based on what kinds of songs they play. I had more to type about that but I think that's a good idea for a thread.

I apologize if I ever get annoying with all of these questions about bands though. I'm really only trying to help.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8969
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:56 am 
 

Helping by adding lame non metal bands to the site? :ugh:
_________________
BasqueStorm everywhere wrote:
LOL!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 pm 
 

Hello, Alhadis, I'm bringing up Bathtub Shitter again... but this time I have uploaded a cd to prove their metalness and they deserve to be on this kick axe site.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4s7symul ... hitter.zip
Bathtub Shitter - Early Yeah(S)

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 12181
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 pm 
 

You know that's not an album, it's a comp of early material.

"original songs from split 7" with DUDMAN, FERTILIZER 7" EP, 97+3 SHIT POINTS 7" EP, ONE FUN 7" EP, V/A CD "MURDEROUS GRIND ATTACK" and features 3 unreleased version of SHIT FLY, TOWER, and LIFE IS ONE LINK from old recording"
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 pm 
 

If I had the original demos that they released in '96 and '97 I would have given those as examples instead but those were only available in Japan and out of print by the time I actually heard Bathtub Shitter. But some of those songs are included here and that are metal and it's a physical release and had world wide distribution

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 pm 
 

Tracks 13,14,15,16 & 17 are from Demo 97

Top
 Profile  
aloof
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 413
Location: In the graveyard, doing handstands
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 am 
 

why is Neosis blacklisted? http://www.neosis.ch/

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9821
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Helping by adding lame non metal bands to the site? :ugh:

This. Goatfags, shut the fuck up already. You're really trying my patience.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 pm 
 

I emailed Bathtub Shitter to see if I could possible get their demo tapes and if I do and can provide those mp3's, would they be acceptable then? Because those early songs clearly have metal riffs.

Top
 Profile  
Mercyful_kill1245
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm
Posts: 11
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 am 
 

Is the Michael Schenker Group metal enough to be on here? The first two albums are quite metal.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 am 
 

Mercyful_kill1245 wrote:
Is the Michael Schenker Group metal enough to be on here? The first two albums are quite metal still hard rock.

FTFY. ;)

Quote:
I emailed Bathtub Shitter to see if I could possible get their demo tapes and if I do and can provide those mp3's, would they be acceptable then? Because those early songs clearly have metal riffs.

Yeah, dude... listen, please stop trying. :ugh: I hear the metallic riffs, but they're too sparse. The bulk of the music still has a very punk-driven vibe. Just... give it a rest, please.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 am
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 am 
 

hello, why was the band mistet fjell put in the blacklist? it was previously accepted in metal archives but when i checked some weeks ago,i saw it wasnt thr and it was in the blacklist, pls kindly tell the reason, thank you \m/

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:51 am 
 

Ok, then, thank you anyways :)
that was the last try.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am 
 

RazorDick wrote:
Ok, then, thank you anyways :) that was the last try.

Sorry dude. I'm a fan, but I know where the site lies with grind... :p

souvikpunk wrote:
hello, why was the band mistet fjell put in the blacklist? it was previously accepted in metal archives but when i checked some weeks ago,i saw it wasnt thr and it was in the blacklist, pls kindly tell the reason, thank you \m/

Doesn't hurt to use the search function, mate: viewtopic.php?p=2201725#p2201725

Deleted for being a drone/noise/dark ambient project with only minimal metal influence, completely void of riffs.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2902
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:06 am 
 

Trying to add Astral Monolith but they are blacklisted, probably because they have no physical release. Can they be
added now? Full length was released last year.

http://astralmonolith.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 am 
 

STORMM wrote:
Trying to add Astral Monolith but they are blacklisted, probably because they have no physical release. Can they be added now? Full length was released last year.

Sorry mate, seems they've been blacklisted for being predominantly riffless dark ambient.

They were blacklisted this year too, which indicates their full-length has already been judged.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2902
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
STORMM wrote:
Trying to add Astral Monolith but they are blacklisted, probably because they have no physical release. Can they be added now? Full length was released last year.

Sorry mate, seems they've been blacklisted for being predominantly riffless dark ambient.

They were blacklisted this year too, which indicates their full-length has already been judged.


Cheers Alhadis, thanks for checking.

Top
 Profile  
RussKroeker
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:26 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:20 pm 
 

Hi. I'm new to this so please be patient with me. I thought I'd list my band PILLAR from Kent, WA, but it says it's been blacklisted for some strange reason. We were around form 1994 till 1998. We had a very well received demo "Foreplay" in 94' and released our full length CD "Tone" on MORIBUND Records in 96'. I know there was another 2 that popped up after us in 96' and 97', the later a Christian metal band. Pics and music are at my website http://sonofgo6.wix.com/russkroekermusic. Thank you, Russ
PS. This is my third attempt to post this in the correct category by following a link that another member gave to me. Maybe I'm just not smart enough for this stuff? Hope this works.

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1429
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:07 pm 
 

^ Don't know which of the Pillar bands that is in the blacklist, but the music you linked to is kind of borderline, and I'm not sure I'd consider it metal?? I guess it has more similarities with grunge, alternative and hard rock. How would you describe it yourself?

Top
 Profile  
Indoomstrial metle
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 pm
Posts: 7
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm 
 

I have noticed that the band Agoraphobic Nosebleed is not listed in the MA. I'm pretty sure they are metal and they have plenty of releases so, I would like to know why they have been blacklisted.

Proof of releases and metalness: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Agoraphobic+Nosebleed
http://www.relapse.com/label/artist/agoraphobic-nosebleed.html
_________________
Give me metal, or give me deth...
Indoomstrail metle, 1876(seconds ago)

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8969
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm 
 

Please, use the search function, this band has been brought up several times already. The consensus hasn't changed.
_________________
BasqueStorm everywhere wrote:
LOL!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
RussKroeker
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:26 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 am 
 

Well, Pillar was certainly Metal, but the link provided to the sample material I guess is not as "Metal" as the songs not chosen for the webpage. There wasn't enough room at Soundcloud to include other material. I guess all can say is that the type of bands Pillar played with back in the day were Forced Entry, Panic, Nevermore...that sorta stuff. But Pillar had no really fast material...just heavy and dark.

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1429
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am 
 

RussKroeker wrote:
Well, Pillar was certainly Metal, but the link provided to the sample material I guess is not as "Metal" as the songs not chosen for the webpage. There wasn't enough room at Soundcloud to include other material. I guess all can say is that the type of bands Pillar played with back in the day were Forced Entry, Panic, Nevermore...that sorta stuff. But Pillar had no really fast material...just heavy and dark.


I believe the blacklisted Pillar must be the Christian band you mentioned before because blacklist note says 'godly hardcore'. It would be nice if you could upload your Pillar to a place like youtube or make a private share of your material. Then you can resubmit it - including samples - and we'll make a decision (I'd like someone else's opinion too). You can refer to this thread as why you circumvent the blacklist (because of the other US band with the same name).

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 301  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group